Please Read - OBSTETRIC CHOLESTASIS

thanks for the info
i have severe itching (with a rash ) its all over my body my face arms legs bum bump every where doctor gave me chlophine 4 mg but there not really helping as of yet ..im itching so much my skin is cut and bleeding..im worried it could now be this im 27 weeks 1 day
could it be o.c ? xx

I would ask to be tested asap. I was also given piraton but as its not helping it could be o.c. best to have the simple blood test to be sure. I got o.c when I was 27 weeks too and suffered 10 long crazy weeks of it xx

thanks for the info
i have severe itching (with a rash ) its all over my body my face arms legs bum bump every where doctor gave me chlophine 4 mg but there not really helping as of yet ..im itching so much my skin is cut and bleeding..im worried it could now be this im 27 weeks 1 day
could it be o.c ? xx

I would ask to be tested asap. I was also given piraton but as its not helping it could be o.c. best to have the simple blood test to be sure. I got o.c when I was 27 weeks too and suffered 10 long crazy weeks of it xx
thanks i will defo be asking xx

I'm itchy at the min but not bad got my 16 week check on the 23rd so going to see what she says do u think a May still get o.c xx

i had my bloods done last week and had a letter today of the doctor asking for repeats and for me to see him..im worried now as my midwife told me if all was normal i wouldnt hear nothing :/ i had resigned myself to it being my hormones x

I got a call from the midwife today as I asked her to do my liver function test and she said it's come back that my bile acid level so far is 17.5 at 16 weeks so got to go to the hospital for more bloods and a chat x

I may have this, levels are too high, I go back for bloods on Tuesday x

I'm in New Year's Eve to Hun r u itching cos I am all over but it was like this with my little girl so trying to wear thin clothes helps and warm baths not hot xxx

Itching all over hun but no, they haven't told me my levels. Did they tell you ?x

Did any of you have a pain around/under your right rib while suffering with OC? I did from about 29/30 weeks with my first pregnancy. I mentioned it many times to my dr but she just said it was baby growing.

I then read on the ICP website (ICPsupport.org - ICP is another way of saying OC) that some women are known to experience this pain with OC but they are unsure why it happens. (But I believe this is the area of where your liver and gallbladder are)

The pain has started with me again in this pregnancy over the past week. I'm 28 weeks and now wondering if I'm getting OC again. My hands and feet aren't itchy though. I have a consultant app on thurs so going to talk to him about it and may see if they will give me a blood test.

Really really hoping I will be that 10% that doesn't get OC again.

Did any of you have a pain around/under your right rib while suffering with OC? I did from about 29/30 weeks with my first pregnancy. I mentioned it many times to my dr but she just said it was baby growing.

I then read on the ICP website (ICPsupport.org - ICP is another way of saying OC) that some women are known to experience this pain with OC but they are unsure why it happens. (But I believe this is the area of where your liver and gallbladder are)

The pain has started with me again in this pregnancy over the past week. I'm 28 weeks and now wondering if I'm getting OC again. My hands and feet aren't itchy though. I have a consultant app on thurs so going to talk to him about it and may see if they will give me a blood test.

Really really hoping I will be that 10% that doesn't get OC again.

I honestly can't remember, but my consultant with this pregnancy is having me tested as a matter of course at 28 weeks, and getting a growth scan. At 35 weeks I'm getting the steroid injections "just in case"

I'd say go with your gut, and ask for a test.

I need advice ladies. During the third trimester i was diagnosed with OC (itchy hands and feet) after birth it completely stopped. Now 5.5 months after birth the last couple of days ive had this itchiness again. Its not servere more annoying. What should i do? Preg test? Drs? Xxx

I'd go the doctors Hun cos it can last up to 6 months Hun x

My bile acid levels have gone from 21.3 to 110. I'm now 30 weeks and 5days xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back