Please Read - OBSTETRIC CHOLESTASIS

Yeah defo mention it. They will prob take blood. How far r u x

33wks on monday.

Ive been getting hot flushes all week aswell in work and sleeping with the fan on. and im currently laying in a vest top and knickers cos im BOILING and mega itchy!! :(
Would they not of tested this at 28wk bloods or not? Spose if its something ive developed after that they wouldnt know.

Ahe only works bloody thursdays.

I have conmunity MW number or hosp number? Hmm xx

It's all to do with liver. U may be itching coz ur hot? But best to mention it x

I was thinking that.
Guna mention it just incase as the itching started a few weeks bk and the hot flushes since tuesday.

Rather get it ruled out.

Thanks Linny xx

Yea! I'm not sure when they say it's likely to get it. Cant remember if it 34 weeks normally but still get checked coz I had it. X

Hi ladies, im not sure whether this is an old thread or not, hope some one will read this. Had a sleepless night last night & ended up having a browse around the site when i came across this thread. Its left me abit worried as im itching at the moment, have for a few days but last nights been the worse. I got some sun last week on arms so never took any real notice of it as thought that was the reason but last night i was itching my arms so much i had to get up & put lotion on. My legs arent as bad, would say my feet felt more tickly plus legs get twitchy & jerky in bed at night. Im still having an itch but its not to the extent of yous ladies were im bleeding or marking.

Reason i became alarmed, ive been having months of pain under my right ribs & back. Last time i was at hosp with it my bloods were normal but urine had protein & bilirubin in it. Recent urine was normal again. Im getting a scan of my liver & gallbladder tomorrow as they suspect gall stones, so bit worried that this new itch could be connected?

For those who have had it before, did you have any pain under ur ribs aswell. Im prob being dramatic & its just normal itching but would appreciate your advice. Thanks xx

Last edited:
Hi ladies, im not sure whether this is an old thread or not, hope some one will read this. Had a sleepless night last night & ended up having a browse around the site when i came across this thread. Its left me abit worried as im itching at the moment, have for a few days but last nights been the worse. I got some sun last week on arms so never took any real notice of it as thought that was the reason but last night i was itching my arms so much i had to get up & put lotion on. My legs arent as bad, would say my feet felt more tickly plus legs get twitchy & jerky in bed at night. Im still having an itch but its not to the extent of yous ladies were im bleeding or marking.

Reason i became alarmed, ive been having months of pain under my right ribs & back. Last time i was at hosp with it my bloods were normal but urine had protein & bilirubin in it. Recent urine was normal again. Im getting a scan of my liver & gallbladder tomorrow as they suspect gall stones, so bit worried that this new itch could be connected?

For those who have had it before, did you have any pain under ur ribs aswell. Im prob being dramatic & its just normal itching but would appreciate your advice. Thanks xx

Hi. Im not sure if I had pains-if I did I probs put it down to a little pair of feet in the ribs. Hopefully your getting checked out today. Good luck xxx

tapatalking

I had it with my first pregnancy and been diagnosed with it this time too..I never had a pain under my ribs either time but if your itching too then I'd deff get it checked hun..better to put your mind at rest too even if they come back normal atleast you won't have the worry incase it is..hope the itching and the pain gets better for you soon xx

I had it with my first pregnancy and been diagnosed with it this time too..I never had a pain under my ribs either time but if your itching too then I'd deff get it checked hun..better to put your mind at rest too even if they come back normal atleast you won't have the worry incase it is..hope the itching and the pain gets better for you soon xx

Thanks. I did an update on my other thread to say i didnt contact hosp in end. The itching had stopped & felt maybe i was over reacting plus hubby thought i was scaring myself googling. Its started again tonight abit although its not as bad so think il call mw in morning just to be sure. Can i ask, what symptoms were u having & what led to u getting bloods checked? Are u better now? xx

Thanks. I did an update on my other thread to say i didnt contact hosp in end. The itching had stopped & felt maybe i was over reacting plus hubby thought i was scaring myself googling. Its started again tonight abit although its not as bad so think il call mw in morning just to be sure. Can i ask, what symptoms were u having & what led to u getting bloods checked? Are u better now? xx

This will be a long post lol well with my first pregnancy I was only itching on my arms but near the end around 36 weeks it got worse over the weeks..I didn't think anything of it but my mam mentioned it to my mw at my 38 week appointment..she took some blood and I got a phone call the day later saying I was to be induced as my bile acids came back high..as I had it with my first I was automatically under consultant care this time as it has a high chance of re occuring in next pregnancies..this time I started itching from 30 weeks but every blood test came back normal..itching on hands feet arms and legs this time..up until 36 weeks blood tests were normal..36 weeks bile level was 11 which is still classed as normal but borderline..so as I was still itching he told me to get them repeated at 39 weeks (which in my opinion he should have checked sooner instead of leaving it 3 weeks) but yeah I had them repeated monday and mw rang me yesterday saying it came back high and they want to start the induction process today..atm I'm still itching but won't stop until he is here..when baby is here the symptoms stop, they take a blood test a week or so later to make sure they have dropped..hope your okay hun and don't hesitate to ring it will make you feel better knowing it has been checked..hope your scan goes well today too and you get answers there's nothing worse than not knowing what is wrong or why your in pain..keep us updated :) xx

I've also just noticed your ticker and your 30 weeks..if the results come back normal this time and your itching still occurs or gets worse make sure to get another test taken in a few weeks as the results can be normal one week and high the next (which has happened in my case and seems to happen a lot) xx

Thanks mummyoftwo12! Updated on my other thread, getting bloods done tomorrow. Prob wont get results until mon but least theyl be done. Will let u know how scan goes, really hoping for some feedback tonight!! x

Hi no results yet but have another question. Had a strange experience last night, was abit itchy at night but when going to bed i noticed my hands were dark blue looking, esp around knuckles. Never seen anything like it, wasnt feeling cold. Elbow down they felt achey, almost tingly. Colour normal today, but still have the achey heavy feeling at times. no itch today yet either. Did anyone with oc ever get blue hands?

Tnx x

did you get any feedback about the blueness from the mw/Dr? sounds like a circulation problem so should be checked out xx

Well had two appointments this week, one with consultant & one with mw today at gps. My liver func test came back norm & so did gall bladder scan which is good however doesnt explain my on-going pain.

In regard to blueness & ache they took more blood tests for bile salts & bone profile, so back in 2 weeks again for results. They had no concerns about circulation though told to ring out of hours if happens again. Mw today thought i looked "ill" & said she could see & feel tenderness above were im having the pain under ribs. So basically im a medical mystery & no explaination yet. V frustrating although pleased its not oc or gallstones. x

Well I hope they get to the bottom if it hun!! Xxx

Hi ladies

im currently under investigation for this. went to triage yesterday with severe itching mostly hands and feet but now all over. had ctg and bloods but still waiting on bile results. Have midwife today to discuss options etc but been told i will be moving to consultant led care and having regular bloods/ctgs and check ups and need to make a plan. This is my 3rd pregnancy and i had no complications in my other 2 and had 2 normal deliveries with no problems This is all new to me and im anxious and worried but at least im being treated well and kept informed etc. My sis in law had this and had a c section at 38 weeks and baby ended up in nicu and had collapse lung and a few problems it was a scary time but he is well now but i suppose i just have all these thoughts going on and im worried about the welfare of baby.
xxx

I had the blood test a week or so ago, they are pretty quick with the results so you won't have to wait too long. Hope it's good news for you x

Thank you for this thread hun, I'd never heard of OC before now but will deffinately be bringing it up with my consultant on Friday as I've been suffering from all three x

With the meds I have been given they all say on the leaflets about not to take if pregnant unless docs say so...but how do these meds effect baby? Ive got 9 days until im induced so hope it doesnt effect baby :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back