Please Read - OBSTETRIC CHOLESTASIS

That's brilliant that the urso works for you missybee. I got diagnosed last week and was given urso, aqueous cream with menthol in it and some piriton, none of it seems to be working for me. The itching is horrific for me, it's so bad at night I'm getting hardly any sleep. Back in hospital tomorrow so I will be mentioning it. Got a scan of my liver on Thursday so I'm intrigued to see what comes of that xx

Lulu I feel for you hun. I hope you managed to get things under control soon. Have you tried putting your cream in the fridge. I found anything cold really soothing. Cold wet socks we're a lifesaver for me xxx

Yep the cream is in the fridge hun. It's soothing putting it on but the relief doesn't last long. My feet aren't so bad, it's my ankles, hands (in between fingers particularly), arms, armpits, neck! Losing the will to live but all I keep thinking is its not long now til baby will be here xx

I'm sorry it didn't work for you Lulu. Did you get your dosage increased. They increased my dosage the bigger I got so I started at 500mg a day and am now on 1000mg a day.

I also spoke with a consultant/registrar at the hospital when I had my anestheseology appointment and told them about really suffering with it in my second pregnancy 10 years ago and they told me that their approach to OC has considerably changed in the last decade and that they're not even sure that an early delivery is the way to go.

Wishing you all the best and hope everything turns out the way you want.

Ugh it's all very frustrating, I'm trying to keep calm though. They won't increase my dosage yet as I've only been taking it a week. Thank you hun, fingers crossed all goes well xx

Does anyone have any tips for keeping the itching at a minimum in this heat? Piriton, aqueous cream with menthol and calamine lotion are absolutely useless. Frozen veg on my feet has been nice but doesn't stop me itching. I'm starting to break the skin! I was in absolute tears last night with the itching and it's just as bad this morning. With just 15 days til induction, the midwives and doctors aren't taking me seriously when I explain that I'm finding it so hard to cope xx

Been diagnosed with this today, bloods will be taken weekly to keep an eye on levels and I've to keep extra eye on babys movements. I'm 33+1 just now, consultant said they will induce me between 37-40 weeks depending on my blood levels and babys movements. Just wondering what other folks experience of this was like, and if you were induced? Thanks xx

I need a little advice. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and just this evening I've started itching is random places. My midwife basically said no one will want to know because I'm too early to get it. It's not unbearable .I I have been itching most of the evening. Whether it be on one hand or an arm or one foot. I'll see how it is tomorrow. But what should I do? X

Twinkle, I got diagnosed at 26 and they even told me at the hospital "don't worry it's impossible to get it before 32 weeks" definitely go and get some bloods taken Hun xx

Weeyin - I was induced at 37 weeks. Was a 4 day induction and 14 hours in active labour. Feel free to private message me if you have any questions xx

I had OC with my first two babies. Both times it didn't appear until around 34 weeks (and with my 2nd I was tested every 4 weeks from about 16 weeks pregnant).

I had UDCA and it got it under control, but was still induced at 37 weeks both times.
The inductions worked quick, with my first I was induced at about 9am, contracting by 10am, in established labour by 2pm and had my baby at 6.41pm
With my second I was induced at about 3pm and started getting contractions within 5 minutes, at 7pm I was in active labour (3cm) and she was born at 10.08pm

This time though I am really hoping to avoid induction. Everything I have read says that now they don't routinely induce early if the OC is being managed and bloods etc are normal. So fingers crossed for that.

Haven't itched since the I posted the above post. But it's 3am and woke up with very itchy toes, feet are fine just the toes. And just a very slight itch on the side of my hands. I see the midwife next week so will ask her then xx

I would defo get check. I got diagnosed with it at around 27 weeks and had to go on medication for rest of pregnancy and have bloods taken weekly to ensure blood levels were not rising. Was also told to be extra aware of reduced movements. Even though my blood levels came down every week and the itch eased with the medication I was still induced at 37+1 xx

Can you get it in the first trimester? I don't know how many weeks I am as I'm breastfeeding but my legs are super itchy since last night. Might just be a pregnancy thing but made me think about OC. Not even had a booking in appt yet though!

I think it's rare... maybe it is due to the weather? I always get a bit itchy in winter in bed, on my legs... I think it's the temperature change (cold out of bed and really warm in bed under the duvet).

After getting OC in my first pregnancy I had monthly blood tests to check for it but everything was normal until around 34/35 weeks.

Anyone currently going through this?
I've been itchy for a while but didn't think too much of it until Tuesday when I decided something wasn't right, got a doctor's appointment. The blood tests showed slightly increased liver values but he said as they are now they aren't anything to worry about, but he wants me every Tuesday from now on to take blood tests and every Thursday for a follow up with him or one of the other doctors and to go over the results. I am a worrier so not handling this very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back