Phobias..

LisaJ1986 said:
Spiders and sheds! Sheds coz they're crawling with spiders! lol
Mine too! I had to ask my DH to put the wet laundry into the dryer which is located in the shed just because I saw spiders crawling around in there :rotfl:

Another few I've got: wasps, hypedermic needles, thunderstorms, heights, and flying (although I will step into a plane to go on holiday) :shock:

Driving :( I am learning to drive and do anything to put off a lesson. Has anyone tried any of Paul McKenna's phobias downloads from his website? I'm thinking of getting the one for driving but it is £15 and that is just for a download :shock:

Wasps and bees too. Worse now than ever coz there was a nest in the ceiling at work and 1 got down my top and stung me! But i have to be the brave 1 at home as my OH does a runner and shuts me in the room til i've got rid of it!

Thunder and lightning, my god it terrifies me, :shock: If i am at work and it starts thundering, i wont touch the computer, i move away from everything. worst thing is when i hear a loud bang i scream :oops:

Thunder and lightening, seagulls and pigeons :oops:

Knives, people walking behind me, bees, wasps, slugs, snails and yogurts with bits in, lol!

Wasps and bees (I had anaphylactic shock a few years back, I think it's OK to have a phobia to something that could kill me!!), clowns, spiders (although I'm better than i used to be as OH won't deal with them anymore), dogs (I was bitten when i was 2).

Also, changing faces.... you know like in films where someone looks up from the sink into the mirror and their face has changed... or the worst one is Bilbo baggins in LOTR just before Frodo goes off with the ring and he tries to get it, his face changes... that one still haunts my nightmares!!!

J
XX

Motorways :oops:

I have only ever driven on one a few times locally but i hate them i think its the fear of not knowing where i am and what junction to come off at and everyone whizzing past me oh and the big roundabouts that im unfamilar with :evil: .

The funny thing is i dont mind the dual carriageway :rotfl:

However ive decided enough is enough and im going away next week and have decided that i will drive myself with the help of a sat nav and face my fear :D .

Baths **shudders** I can't even get in them empty.
Showers are a problem too, but I'm ok aslong as when I'm new to a shower (bear with me here LOL) I have to get DH to switch it on and use it while I watch and then I get in while it's still running. THe next time I use it it takes me ages to get up the guts to switch it on and then stand under it, but after that I'm OK. :oops:

Also the sea scares the crap outta me :lol:

monster_munch said:
Baths **shudders** I can't even get in them empty.
Showers are a problem too, but I'm ok aslong as when I'm new to a shower (bear with me here LOL) I have to get DH to switch it on and use it while I watch and then I get in while it's still running. THe next time I use it it takes me ages to get up the guts to switch it on and then stand under it, but after that I'm OK. :oops:

:

WOW! That must be really difficult!

Did something trigger it off or have you always been that way?

DebbieM said:
Knives, people walking behind me, bees, wasps, slugs, snails and yogurts with bits in, lol!

OMG! Finally someone who understand about yogurts with bits in!!!

Spiders!!! and my hubbys got a button phobia :wall: lol

Flying.. have been on a plane before but it wasn't pretty, panic attacks etc. Will never ever fly again.

Haunted houses :lol: seriously like the attraction ones at blackpool etc, I cry and everything.

They are my proper ones although i'm scared of pretty much anything...

Moths, Butterflies and cocoons :shock: :shock: OMFG! The thought **shudder**

Midnas's thread the other day - well :shakehead: :puke:

Jeez - my skin is crawling :shock:

I am scred of clowns and of heights but I have a true phobia of death. Even thinking about it now makes me feel panicky. I can't touch dead animals (OH has to do that), be near anything to do with death like coffins etc. I can just about go to the cemetry for my mum and dad's grave but cannot be there too long. Also death on tv, most are ok as they are unrealistic but there was an actual death on tv and as soon as I heard the rattle I freaked out. I am seeing a CPN on friday as its getting bad again and I have been having panic attacks about me dying, the girls dying etc. Sound like such a laugh don't I?

I used to be claustrophobic when I was a child but as I got older that seems to have got less and I can now go in lifts yay - but not caves, and the idea of potholing makes me shudder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back