Phobias .....

Kylie1007 said:
frangelle said:
What is it about buttons that scare you??? lol!!!

Great minds...

indeedy :) I understand most phobias, but not buttons hehe!!! I have 2 on this very top I'm wearing now :)

Someone enlighten me!!!!

I honestly don't know, they just look dirty and smelly to me. Even know although I will handle them I'd rather not, they just look disgusting! Jean buttins are ok (the metal one's), and poppers on babygro's are fine, it's the plastic shirt one's that get me...eewww! :puke:

I love chocolate buttons, and loved button moon as a kid, I think it's more of the smell I imagine when I see them than the sight of them

Sick, I have extremely bad emetaphobia, I'd rather die than be sick or even for someone else to be sick in the same house as me! Im not scared of anything else like I am that, Im terrible!

MM my mum is the same with buttons... shes not too bad with buttons on clothing... but if one falls off .. she cant touch it at all... she said the look and thought of them makes her wanna :puke:

sick , sick more sick , people being sick , me being sick , feeling sick , scared shitless of it all

altho morning sickness has made being sick a wee bit easier , still get in a state when i feel it :cry:

then the norm , spiders , heights ewwwww

not afraid of bee's and wasps but i am one that sceams if they come near me lol

apparantly the button thing is surprisingly common. Looking on the net it seems some science dudes think it's something you're born with, a genetic instinct gone wrong or something, the same goes for other irrational fears, ie, beards etc

muppetmummy said:
apparantly the button thing is surprisingly common. Looking on the net it seems some science dudes think it's something you're born with, a genetic instinct gone wrong or something

And I thought it was just my mum bein a freak! :D ..But then again...I needn't talk!! :D

Princess_Puddles said:
Sick, I have extremely bad emetaphobia, I'd rather die than be sick or even for someone else to be sick in the same house as me! Im not scared of anything else like I am that, Im terrible!
Aww I know it is awful isn't it? I'm lucky as I'm not so bad now but I know how it feels especially when you are in public.

I remember being on the bus once and a little girl was being sick into a bag and I was literally screaming and fainted! :oops: It's crazy!

Kylie1007 said:
Not as strong as a phobia but I hate daddy long legs and moths/butterflies! UGH!

These are my phobias, I pass out if they come near me. I also have a phobia for birds. I am also terrified of the sea unless I can clearly see the bottom :roll:

Dogs and spiders.

Can cope with spiders but encountering dogs in the street can be horrible. There was a dog sitting by my car door yesterday and I was trying to look for someone to ask if they could distract him. Luckily some kids knew the dog and distracted him without me having to ask. :oops:

dont laugh.....

I am petrified (I'm shaking thinking about them).....

Bogies, boogers whatever you want to call them. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

If I have a cold I am ill at the same time as I am sick everytime I blow my nose

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

i have a fear of water!! the sea, rivers, lakes everything except running water like showers lol i have to stay at least 5 metres away from any water and if i have to walk over a bridge that has a river underneath i have to stare down at my feet as if i look over at the water i get dizzy and faint!!

i also dont like heights, it never used to bother me at all!! i could go on really high rides, look out of blackpool tower etc etc and didnt bother me, but over the past few years i am actually petrified of it, i can start crying, shaking and feeling really sick!!! i went to Blackpool last year and went up the tower, i think i managed 5 mins up there, but didnt move from the lift, i was petrified!!!! :shock:

i also dont like heights, it never used to bother me at all!! i could go on really high rides, look out of blackpool tower etc etc and didnt bother me, but over the past few years i am actually petrified of it, i can start crying, shaking and feeling really sick!!! i went to Blackpool last year and went up the tower, i think i managed 5 mins up there, but didnt move from the lift, i was petrified!!!! :shock:

trixipaws said:
mushrooms!

I know someone who eats a big raw mushroom with her lunch like you would eat a piece of fruit!!! :puke: I don't like mushrooms but can cope if they are disguised in something like a stew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back