Arachnophobia - anyone have it?

I have a fear of spiders but it isn't as bad as that. You should definately speak to a doctor. There are lots of things they can do to help you either get over your fear or at least manage to control the effects it has on you.

budge said:
spider.gif

That was me last night but it was with a Daddy Long Legs!! :lol: Despite my SPD and being 5 days overdue I somehow managed to jump from the couch and onto the other one. :think:

i am also terrified of them hun but not to the extent you are so massive hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

hope you find something that works :)

I really don't think that this is a laughing matter :?

I have a fear of going near the edge of cliffs, tall buildings etc, this can make me feel quite dizzy and can sometimes actually make me feel that I am being pulled towards the edge. I think they call it vertigo and I believe that it is fairly common. Obviously I will not let on to Daniel how this makes me feel as I may pass the fear onto him, but it is a scary feeling.

Jo, definately keep us updated and good luck with the doctors :hug:

happy_chick said:
Budge unless you've had a phobia i guess u cant understand how it makes a person feel, i know spiders cant kill, hurt or harm me but the second i see one i go into total panic mode and cant think rationally at all! I wish it was simple to overcome but ive tried on my own and have improved a little but its still ruling my life.

even if u dont understand i cud do with support :(

i don't understand a phobia of spiders happy chick coz i don't have one BUT i do think that some folk are scared of them to the point where it can take over thei lives.
You have my support. you know what im like - i put the spider smilie as a joke no you offend you :hug:

They scare the shit out of me too. Our garage isnt attatched to our house, its at the bottom of the garden and its FULL of them (or at least i think it is, but im so scared of them i think i imagine more than there actually is.) and i cant set foot in there at all :( Its a pain in the arse, cos if Beth want sher boke or scooter or anything out i cant get it :( I make her wait until OH gets in. And a few months ago one came down from my loft so i cant go up there no either :( And i imagine them everywhere. Ive got my feet up at the moment cos im convinced ones gonna run across my foot :roll: :lol: I dont even know why i think that. See, all this talk of spiders is giving me the jeebies

Ive improved slightly since moving as the house had been stood empty for about 12months so there are loads. There are less & less everyday but ive had to just take a deep breath and shout hubby, then run lol. Im really proud and its defo a step in the right direction for me!

We bought a insect net from aldi today too for the bedroom window & its ace, i defo recommend them and it was only cheap. Xx

tell you what, all this talk of spiders has done me no good at all......i had a dream last night that these really huge evil looking ones were running across my bedroom floor!! :shock: woke up in a right panic! :lol:

arrggghhh nooooooooooooooo :shock: :shock: :shock:

I run away at a money spider lol, although id never kill one, i always ask stuart to get rid of them.

I totally understand how you feel, I'm petrified of spiders. I know they won't hurt me but it doesn't make a difference, I'm still scared. If I see one I scream the place down and there have been a few times where I've had a panic attack over one and I feel sick and dizzy and start shaking. Its horrible. I'm trying to calm myself down though because I don't want my baby to pick up on my fear but its not easy. Well done to you though for having the courage to do something about your fear :hug:

happy_chick said:
Its so reassuring to know that im not alone, thanks girls :)

im gunna beat this i think ill make a doctors appointment and see what he can suggest. Will keep you updated! Xx

Your not alone hunny im scared stiff of bees and wasps i scream and run with arms flaying shouting ahhhhhhhhhh its a bee
i cry if it lans on me and hyperventalte :oops:
I can not be in a room with one and need some one to come and save me from them and get them out (just ask sarahlj :rotfl:) . i cant breath properly if i go past one and it takes me ages to calm down

so hunny i now all about fears you cant control :hug:
good luck at the doctors sweetie!!

Yeah you could say I have it!!!

I can't look at a pic of one

I can't say the 'S' word so I have renamed them ooglie booglies
and when people are around me they know not to call them by the S name.

I shake, my heart pounds, I go dizzy, my breathing gets faster, my palms sweat,
when ever I see one.

I even have a booglinator which is a big long stick with a boot tied on the end
so if I'm on my own I can squish it without going near it.

I have to shake my clothes before I put them on to make sure there
isn't an ooglie booglie in them.

I check under the quilt before I get into bed to make sure there isn't one in there

before I sit down or go into a room I have to check every corner or I wont go in.

I ALWAYS have a vanilla plug in air freshner because they dont like the smell of vanilla.

The list goes on and I'm fed up with it and so is everyone else!
I would do anything to cure my phobia, the older i get the worse it gets.

I just saw one!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking at the calander on the wall and it ran out from behind it!!
I screamed and ran into a wall :eek:

Yes. I definitely have arachnophobia! And, like you, mine has gradually got worse over the years. Im now 22 and it completely and utterly takes over my life.

I have to scan every room I walk into, and most of the time I can actually tell if there is one in the room before I even see it.

When I do come across one, I scream and swear alot then I go stock still. I literally can't move. Rooted to the spot. I get all shaky and sweaty.

I honestly wish to god I could find a cure for this.. I just don't know where to go. I feel that doctors would just laugh in my face :(

But, Im so terrified... I feel I would go to any lengths to rid myself of this fear!

Perhaps, if either of us finds a solution... or even a help... we could let each other know. Im desperate to get over this and start living a normal life!!!

People who don't have phobias totally do NOT understand, and its just really crap when they mock you for it!!

Hope we can fix this problem!!!

Angela xx

Vickyleigh i call them winsters lol.

We've recently moved house and they are coming out of the wall cavities :( there are loads in the kitchen at mo and after a panic attack and lots of tears ive rung my local council & they are ringin me back with an appointment for pest control to come out as we defo have an infestation there are loads arghhh.

Anyone had this done b4?

im starving but im not brave enough to go in kitchen :( X

happy_chick said:
Vickyleigh i call them winsters lol.

im starving but im not brave enough to go in kitchen :( X

You could take something like a phone book in the kitchen with you so you can throw it at
booglies if they come near you (that's another thing I do lol)
They really do hate the smell of vanilla and run the other way when
it's near them, so you could do something with that. I have vanilla plug in air freshners all
over the house.

My advice isn't much good because I wouldn't go in there either :shakehead:

GUTTED GUTTED GUTTED! :(

They said theres no point in them coming out as there is no insectiside that kills winsters, so so gutted :(

:( :( :( :( :( :(

errm go get urself a tin of crawling insect spray.. lol.. thats killed loads of mine.. and get a bit shoe if it jsut makes them go squiggly on the floor

Yeh i need 2 be armed lol! I have got a bat that when you put it near it zaps them dead... But there kinda winsters hang from the ceiling, they're like daddy long legs but with no wings.

Erghh! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back