anyone got wierd phobias?

Dee1985

Reaction score
Mine are the most wierdest but they are pretty extreme too :roll:

rubber spiders.!
im petrified and my little brothers find it so funny and tonight had me in tears they were throwing them at me i didnt find it funny one bit and broke down it really upset Dior too. my mum and dad find it funny as its a silly thing to be scared of but i hate them. they plant them in silly places and i freak out they think its a big joke. i think they realised tonight how bad my fear is as im not the crying type and i have said i am not going there again :( how can i make them see its a serious phobia!

also
sprouting potatoes :shock: god they freak me out cant go near them

and mops :shock: i hate them the mop head its horrid but Dior loves it i can be sitting there next min its in my face then when i jump she cracks up laughing!!!!

OK i bet you think im strange now :oops:

ok mine are (and please don't laugh!):

Meringues - something to do with the crunching and squeaking on your teeth!

Spiders - ok quite normal but I am stupidly bad

and finally by far the weirdest - swimming pool drains! I hate swimming near them or over them etc as I always think i'm going to be dragged down or something!

Tan x

what is it about the balloons sarah?

im not alone :cheer:

so im not a freak. i can deal with my wierd ways but spiders is ruling my life now even the rubber thing :x
we went to the zoo and in the creture centre there were all these different things and one of the tanks was dark and could see any thing. kris made me put my face right up to it to see if there was any thing in there then he shown his light from his phone into the tank and there was a HUGE TRANTRALLA looking back at me :( i jumped a mile

baked beans :oops:

I can't sit in the same room as someone eating them and as a child used to cry in restaurants when they were put on my plate by accident.

I used to think I was unique but have met a couple of people with the same fear, often they're scared of tomato ketchup as well (don't like that either :puke: )

mixy i watched a show and a man couldnt walk past tins of beans in supermarkets.

Dionne - I won't even go into the creature critter bit in case there are any there! I once had a giant one walk accross my back when I was about 15 and in bed sat up reading. Anyway, I ran screaming from the room but mum couldn't find it. I mad her use a whole can of fumigating stuff and then I refused to sleep in there for a week and slept in my brothers room with my dressing gown along the bottom of the door to stop it trying to get in!

Tan x

Minxy said:
baked beans :oops:

I can't sit in the same room as someone eating them and as a child used to cry in restaurants when they were put on my plate by accident.

I used to think I was unique but have met a couple of people with the same fear, often they're scared of tomato ketchup as well (don't like that either :puke: )

I saw a tv programme once where a guy was terrified of baked beans. It was really bad because he was a chef! He had a self-help class thing and managed to beat it (can't remember if it was a hypnosis class or not but anyway it worked)

My big fear is severed heads - not that I see them often or anything lol, but I mean like articles on the news about beheadings, or seeing people getting their heads chopped off on films....oh god it flips me out something chronic. I get all trembly and turn into one of those spaz people that just rock backwards and forwards whilst clutching their knees. It's awful!

its awful tam :(

when Harley was new born he was in mosses basket with a huge one right on his belly i freaked out kris thought i was having a heart attack. so did i!

I know!!
When Sam was about 6 weeks old I'd left him laying on my bed and went downstairs to get his bottle. I saw a huge one on the floor and I froze. I managed to reach the phone but couldn't take my eyes off it in case it ran away and I wouldn't know where it was. I managed to phone my step-dad who got up and dressed and drove accross toen to come and get it for me! Poor Sam had to stay upstairs screaming.

I get really annoyed at myself for being like it but I just can't control it. I've considered hypnotherapy but don't know if its going to work.

Tan x

The spider thing I can relate too, it's not so wierd a phobia!

When Stanley was 6 weeks old there was one on the landing so I had to stay in the same room all day with no food (just milk for S) and we couldn't get dressed or go out until OH came in from work at 6!! He was angry at me, saying it was stupid and ruling my life.. And he was right, but they just don't understand do they?

My friend's just paid £40 on a hypnotherapy session and says she still doesn't like them but isn't so paranoid now. Am thinking of having it done. Would you?

Xena, that severed head thing is awful! At least you shouldn't see TOO many in real life! :D

I would definitely do the hypnotherapy if it made a difference. My DH gets really annoyed too and we always end up arguing with him telling me I have to control it and me trying to explain that I can't, hence the reason its a phobia!

tan x

Minxy said:
Xena, that severed head thing is awful! At least you shouldn't see TOO many in real life! :D

lol if I ever saw a real one you'd have to institutionalise me!

Mine are :

Flying

Dead fallen-down trees :oops:

Ambulances

:oops:

bats mostly, but anything that flies - we went in the bat cave at Chester Zoo in the summer (I was trying to be brave) I got half way through and froze. One of the keepers had to get me out with Alex's blanket over my head :oops:

I can handle birds in cages, but we have a butterfly house near us where they fly loose - I can't go in there

FEET!

I hate feet! If hubbys feet touch me in the night i have to jump out of bed and dance around the room!

The only feet i like are babies feet.

I hate feet too budge!! If my hubby puts his feet up on the sofa next to me I have to move!!

But the thing that REALLY scares me is ........ Bogies!! I hate them. If I have a cold and need to blow my nose, I'm always sick afterwards!! :puke: :puke:
And seeing little kids running about with them driping down from their nose into their mouth - eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww :puke: :puke:

I'm actually feeling sick just thinking about it!

I'm also scared of clowns!

I used to be scared of spiders but since living with my man I'm not as I have to get rid of them as he's the scared one!! And he's a soldier too!! Scardy-cat!!
S. xx

I have a copule of strange ones.

Walking when I cant see my feet really freaks me out and I end up walking like a moron - like in cinemas or in dark alleys - if I cant see where my feet are going......shudddddddddddder :oops:

And those old green criss-cross wire garden fences, remember the ones with the concrete posts and then wire covered in green plastic? I cant look at them, they make me feel sick and I lose balance, luckily I havnt seen one for years but treliss has a similiar effect.

Oh and the spider thing....thats not a phobia, its perfectly reasonable - they are evil!

Minxy said:
My friend's just paid £40 on a hypnotherapy session and says she still doesn't like them but isn't so paranoid now. Am thinking of having it done. Would you?

! :D

i would defo get it done.
but im scared that the person will then bring one in the room to se if im still scared.

i really really respect kris though he is great about my fear. if he sees one he will kill it and never tell me.
there are soooo many jobs round the house i cant do and kris does them when he ges in.
i cant put the rubbish out as i have seen one on the wheely bin before
i dont use the washing line (they hide in the pegs)
cant go in the garage. so if im going out i have to let kris no in advance so he can get the buggies.

after Having Dior my fear took over. kris would have to check my clothes check the pockets shake them. if some thing ever fell on the floor i couldnt lift it just incase. i told kris we needed to get pest control out as i had seen 3 in one week. and i cant just ut my hand in my handbag and pull my phone out etc. i have to empty it i hate touching things i cant see

i am calming down now as my house in brandnew and not have many :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back