Pet hates

I have tons but the one thats been getting me lately is people parking right over the pavement so i cant get past with the buggy :x and if you try to squeeze past (- oh whoops i scratched your car :twisted: ) and they are nearby they say - oh sorry am in the way ? well duh of course you're in the *$£^"*$ way!!!!! you knew that when you parked :x

my dh drives a van and occasionally has to park a bit on pavement but he always leaves enough room for a double buggy so he knows everyone can get past. you wouldnt block a road so why block a pavement?

rant over :oops:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hahaha!!

I can't believe I made this thread only this morning and it's 3 pages already.

Em78 said:
I have tons but the one thats been getting me lately is people parking right over the pavement so i cant get past with the buggy :x and if you try to squeeze past (- oh whoops i scratched your car :twisted: ) and they are nearby they say - oh sorry am in the way ? well duh of course you're in the *$£^"*$ way!!!!! you knew that when you parked :x

my dh drives a van and occasionally has to park a bit on pavement but he always leaves enough room for a double buggy so he knows everyone can get past. you wouldnt block a road so why block a pavement?

rant over :oops:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Besides anything else its illegal!! If there are no double yellow lines it means the road is wide enough to park your car on, if a car is already parked on the opposite side so you park half on/half off so that there is enough room on the road for driving cars, that is also illegal as your not allowed to park opposite another car (or drive way for the record). I dont understand why people do it anyway as it nackers your tyres, suspension, ball joint, wishbones etc etc if your going up and down curbs.

People dont know the rules of the roads these days! Ive been driving for nearly 10 years now and I pretty much remember everything as far as im aware (most of it is common sense anyway lol)

Oh and London claire - your not very tollerable are you :D

urchin said:
Hahaha!!

I can't believe I made this thread only this morning and it's 3 pages already.

you should have known hun - you know how we all love to moan :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Londoner Claire said:
Bad spelling, especially when people type, 'a lot' as 'alot' and 'as well' as 'aswell', SO common and it makes me want to scream! Also when people don't type names starting with a capital letter or a sentence. It's so basic.

I think the majority of people on here sometimes forget the basic rules of grammar....so what?! I mean its an online forum, people are more interested in what something says, not whether or not its spelt right :?

Sorry, just feels like you're criticising people who sometimes spell those words the wrong way, and having done it myself many times I just felt I had to point that out :)

i am the worst speller :lol:

English was never my fav lesson in school

dionne said:
Londoner Claire said:
A few of my pet hates are.

Dummies on kids over a few months although I don't like them at all, I hate seeing them on kids when they're walking.

i can walk tak and still make a dummy lok cool 8)

Awwww! Josh had a dummy til he was 3 - it hasnt killed him.

*awaits 'bad-parent' comments* :lol:

text talk on forums annoys me as in

c u l8r m8 i b bk on l8r on cuz im fkd of rit now

but spelling and grammer, its a public forum, im sure anyone (I know I do) am carfull and check my spelling if Im writing work emails or letters to companies etc, but on a forum I dont, I type so fast and sometimesdontputspacesbetweenwords by accident! or spell things with fat fingers, never mind though no harm!

x-kirsty-x said:
[quote="Londoner Claire":2ql5f54n]
Bad spelling, especially when people type, 'a lot' as 'alot' and 'as well' as 'aswell', SO common and it makes me want to scream! Also when people don't type names starting with a capital letter or a sentence. It's so basic.

I think the majority of people on here sometimes forget the basic rules of grammar....so what?! I mean its an online forum, people are more interested in what something says, not whether or not its spelt right :?

Sorry, just feels like you're criticising people who sometimes spell those words the wrong way, and having done it myself many times I just felt I had to point that out :)[/quote:2ql5f54n]

That's OK but I was just answering the question and they do annoy me as those two are so common and I don't remember being taught to join them at school.

I notice bad grammar and spelling, but it doesn't bother me unless I have to sit for half an hour trying to decipher it. I try talking to my 13 year old on messenger and give up after 5 minutes :roll:

The way people spell things on here gives some idea about their accent and adds to their personality - it can be a good thing.

x-kirsty-x said:
dionne said:
[quote="Londoner Claire":t749jgs9]A few of my pet hates are.

Dummies on kids over a few months although I don't like them at all, I hate seeing them on kids when they're walking.

i can walk tak and still make a dummy lok cool 8)

Awwww! Josh had a dummy til he was 3 - it hasnt killed him.

*awaits 'bad-parent' comments* :lol:[/quote:t749jgs9]

Bad parent :p only messing. It's just my opinion, I don't like seeing it, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. My son sucked his thumb instead which could have given him goofy teeth but I used to pull out his thumb as he dropped off to sleep.

Wah the word grammar! Hate that too, lol. No e's.

I did a course two years ago called, Reading and Writing Together which really helps parents to help their kids. I'm doing a Numeracy one at the moment too as it teaches parents how our children are taught at school now. So much has changed! It's free and they also have a free creche in one of the classrooms for those who need it. Great idea I think. :)

That course sounds like a good idea, from my point of view anyway as it means the kids don't get all confused when it comes to helping with homework!! I remember my Mum trying to explain homework to me the way she was taught and it was a nightmare and the teacher spent the next day undoing Mum's handiwork!! I have seen it a lot in the classroom!!

missac said:
That course sounds like a good idea, from my point of view anyway as it means the kids don't get all confused when it comes to helping with homework!! I remember my Mum trying to explain homework to me the way she was taught and it was a nightmare and the teacher spent the next day undoing Mum's handiwork!! I have seen it a lot in the classroom!!

Ha ha I bet. It's worth any stay at home parent asking their school about it as ours does them every year but only 10 per year take them up which I think is a real shame, for their childrens sake it anything. How are parents meant to help with homework (so much of it nowadays) when they learnt differently from their kids?

To be fair to the parents though it is good that they help even if they don't really help - I would rather have/be a parent that tried than one that didn't care!! I only give out homework the children know how to do, as a consolidation of classwork, there is no point giving them something they can't do as you may as well ask the parents to do your job for you!!!

tracyM said:
Londoner Claire said:
Wah the word grammar! Hate that too, lol. No e's.

How can you hate it with no 'e's? That's how it's supposed to be spelt - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/grammar.
I had 7 years having it drummed into me at Grammar School

No that's what I meant, it's often spelt grammer, wrong.

Missac, that's true, I wish Ryan's school thought the same, they get a hyge amount of homework for their age. I feel sorry for those who work full-time and have 3 or 4 kids to do homework with.

my pet hate is when Ian puts dirty plates in a sink full of water, we're talking with food still on them, why why WHY? is it so hard to scrape the plate first? oooooo and the way he comes home and within 10 minutes im surrounded by mess! I manage to keep the house spotless when hes not here! MEN!

My pet hates are:

1. People who don't have manners
2. People fart or burp at the dinner table
3. Children picking their nose & eating it :puke:
4. Men leaving the toilet seat up :wall:
Bit of a weird one but:
5. When people (esp my Mother) stick their tongue out to put food in their mouth :x :puke:

I could be here all day :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back