Pet hates

Urchin

Reaction score
What pet hates have you got since becoming a parent?

I HATE people using mother and baby parking when they don't have kids... it drives me absolutley potty when I see it!

urchin said:
I HATE people using mother and baby parking when they don't have kids... it drives me absolutley potty when I see it!

I used to think what was the big deal and then I had a baby......

My pet hates are being asked whether my baby is good...she is only 6 weeks, and has yet to try and take over the world. Not a lot of babies tend to be born evil. I know they mean in relation to crying but she hasn't been able to talk yet...what else can she do?

beanie said:
My pet hates are being asked whether my baby is good.

LOL I hate that too, I feel like replying "Well actually he's been really really BAD!

people using the mother and baby changing room just to go the toilet!!!!

when they have no babies!!!

urghhhhh
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :x :x

i agree the barrier at my local tesco is broken so neone can go into mother and baby car park and only 1 in every4-5 cars actually has a baby or disabled person :twisted:

there's no barrier at my tesco so anyone parks there, I wish they would do something about it!

My pet hate is when people say, 'you dont knowhow lucky you are'. Jessica is a particularly good baby and sleeps all night and always has done but thats all I get from our mums. Oh and the new one is, you will never get another as good as Jessica.

lauramum01 said:
My pet hate is when people say, 'you dont knowhow lucky you are'. Jessica is a particularly good baby and sleeps all night and always has done but thats all I get from our mums. Oh and the new one is, you will never get another as good as Jessica.

People used to say that to me about Mason all the time. Now Brody is just as "good"

My biggest pet hate when I had Beth..(she was my fourth girl) was when they used to say

"Awwww where you disappointed you had another girl?"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

How could I have been, I was thrilled.

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mother and baby parking - also drives me mad - feel like shouting at the people who park and have no kids!! they should be fined!!
is difficult enough getting baby out if rear facinf car seat at the best of times!

Also "is he sleeping through the night yet"

I got the 'is she sleeping through the night yet' when Ella had just turned 5 weeks. I felt like saying 'of course she is, 16 hours on the bloody trot!'.

Also got told if I used Sudocrem when she didn't have nappy rash she'd become immune to it. That her eyes were going to be brown (they're turning blue), that she had diarrohea (she's a breast fed baby, their poos are runnier), that her swinging chair was making her eyes roll into the back of her head and might give her brain damage.....

blah blah blah, grrrrr!

The eternal "it's all ahead of you!" :lol:

No really, I'd hate it if it was all BEHIND me, that would be REALLY depressing...would be the answer I would give if I was nasty enough!

But I ain't! :cry:

*LOL*

Sue

Mine is public baby changed areas that are filthy and stink and not regularly maintained.

M&S
Tescoes

Are amoung the best, believe it or not I found Mothercares dirty!!

minikins said:
Mine is public baby changed areas that are filthy and stink and not regularly maintained.

M&S
Tescoes

Are amoung the best, believe it or not I found Mothercares dirty!!

Yeah and I hate it when moms don't use a nappy sack in these places, as that's usually why they stink, yet people just make it worse for everyone else!

grrrrr i hate when ppl use mother and baby parking too (when they havent got kids!!) i gave one bloke a evil look and muttered to OH " HE HASNT GOT KIDS HE SHOULDNT PARK THERE" LOL whats more annoying was that there were loads of other parking spaces available but the lazy git had to park there as its nearer the entrance!!!! grrrrrr

I hate it when people won't give you some warm water to warm a bottle. We've had quite a few bottles out now and most of the time they take the bottle off you and warm it behind the counter - ten minutes later it comes back scalding hot and you have to ask for cold water to cool it down. Why can't they just give you warm water, their coffee is hotter than the water you'd need to warm a bloody bottle. :twisted:

We've started taking a flask with us now. We spent the day in casualty yesterday and had emptied the flask by 4pm. I was gobsmacked when the nurse said she couldn't give us any water but she'd put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes!!!!! :shock: For the next bottle, I took it into the loo and warmed it under the tap

People parking on pavements is another one. I've stuck two fingers up at a bloke who bipped at me for walking down the middle of the road.

People who who don't move, even when you say excuse me politely. The first pram manufacturer to bring out wheel spikes will be onto a winner!!!

Shops where the aisles are too narrow and have stuff all over the floor - stationary shops are the worst offenders round here.

Bus drivers who set off whilst you're still standing up.

God I sound like a right miserable cow - I'm not - honest!!!! :lol:

Tracy xx

People parking on pavements is another one.

Oh tell me about it! On a busy main street that's the last thing you need...and people in wheelchairs must get that one a lot too. I think that people who park in the wrong spaces - ie wheelchair spaces and parenting spaces - who park across two spaces because they couldn't be arsed manoeuvring into one and people who park right up on the pavement or right outside the doors of shops should be penalised heavily.

:evil: Grouchy me!

Shops where the aisles are too narrow and have stuff all over the floor

Yes - and some of them have the effrontery to suggest that you either take the sleeping child out of the pram or leave the pram outside...not likely...

Sue

'wheelie bins scattered along the street on bin day'. People nicely line their bins up and the bin men scatter them once they have emptied them. Its murder trying to get by and if you move one you only have to move another.

Was fuming last night, went out for only the second time to my local jsut down the road. It was mine and OH's first night out together in 10 weeks, and his mum was babysitting. Saw a guy I used to know and told him I was a mum and he said "only six weeks old and you're out already"!!!! I had half a guiness and was on my way home after three hours as I missed her so much. Made me feel like I had left her somewhere with no responsible adult supervision whilst I was out getting drunk as a skunk and living it up without a care in the world. This guy has no children but obviously has his head up his arse :evil: So another pet hate are judgmental a***holes who have no idea how hard it is to be a mum.

Took me ages to get together to go out as well.

Hey, our baby was four weeks old when we went out! And yes, people looked at us strangely, which I found annoying. It also made me very anxious for the first part of the evening. It is strange the way peoples' attitudes make you feel bad. I felt like some kind of a mad thing on a bacchanalian rampage when I'm actually a teetotaller who had a total of three cokes.
Another thing I hate is people looking at you and going "aren't you great that you are out when she's only four weeks old?" - As in out in the shops *L* or out for a walk etc. What else am I going to do? Stay at home till it's deemed acceptable? *L*

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back