period type pains??

claire893

Reaction score
I have been getting period type pains really low in my tummy where the babys head is (its engaged, and im due sunday). Does this mean anything, or is it just where the baby is moving its head?
Its quite painfull at times. Is this a sign of labour, or just wishfull thinking?
By the way i had a show almost 2weeks ago!
Hope someone has some advice.....
x x x

must be summat in the water, im getting the same thing, and it kept me awake til 1am this morning, kept waking up with twinges, tbh i think theyre just strong braxton hicks :(

Do you get your twinges all over sassyminx? Mine are really low. I was getting twinges a couple of weeks ago, but these are more painfull, thats why im not sure. Like i said im prob just 'wishfull thinking'!!
x x x

no theyre right down in the bottom part of my bump, its like a really dull period pain but its also at the bottom of my back

mine were really quite painful last night, and theyre similar to proper contractions from what i can remember, maybe were just wishing them to be real :rotfl:

Yeah i reckon your right!!
Its horrible when its your first pregnancy, i never know whether these things mean anything.
Everyone keeps saying that i will KNOW when i start having contractions, so guess i just need to relax and wait!
Thanks for your replys :hug:
x x x

Good luck! I'm getting loads of those, but I feel like they're BH. mind you if you've already had your show.... Not going to be long now :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I seem to remember contractions feeling like bad period pains when I was having DD when they first started. It was like water went followed by braxton hicks only they were real ones then went into period type pain before the proper caboodle :think:

I get these type of pains too, have done for weeks which is why i have orders from m/w and Gp to relax and no housework.

I think that they may well be early Braxton Hicks too, hope you either feel better soon ladies or we get some baby action for you :hug:

They are officially contagious!!
I had them the other night aswell.
But kind of constant.
Eventually put it down to constipation
As nothing transpired.
This is my second baby but I had no labour with first
( Planned Section)
Keep thinking I will be stupid enough to be in "slow labour"
and not know it :oops: :shock: :oops:

Katrina

good luck ladies i guess they could be early signs, keep us posted xx :pray:

When having my DD labour started as period pains, can't be long now :cheer:

Thats exactely what i keep thinking katrina! Could it be slow labour? :think:
How do you know the difference between BH and slow labour?
The pain im getting is sort of constant, it doesnt build up then go after a minute, it comes and is there for like an hour! Im so confused.
Midwife said the babys head is fully engaged, so it cant be just that its moving down further, or can it?
God this is driving me nuts!! I wish EVERYONES pregnancy was exactely the same, then i wouldnt be asking so many bloody questions!
Sorry girls :oops:
x x x

You will read about Claire and I delivering in the carpark of our Maternity Units.
Or even worse the Petrol Station Forecourt on the way
cos our OH's didnt keep the cars filled up with fuel :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I have MW on Tues again so hopefully she will keep me right :think:

All The Best Claire

Katrina
xxx

:rotfl:
Thanks katrina.
Im hopefully having a home birth tho! :dance:
That probably would happen to me tho, with the petrol!!
Goodluck hun
x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back