people are soooo rude!

hipchick5

Reaction score
has this happened to anyone else? people ask u if u have any names picked then u tell them the names u have picked and they say thats not a nice name or worse like my friends dog is called that! its cracks me up so i dont tell anyone anymore.. i dont say to them i dont like ur childs name so they shudnt say it about my bumps names...

Thats horrible!!

It hasnt happened to me like
Id be gutted if it did though :(

I've not thought of any names, but my best friend had this problem with her in-laws when she was pg with DS1 - they kept making negative comments about everything she liked :evil:

So with DS2 they didn't tell anyone until he was born even though she & hubby had decided well before :lol:

I think I may do the same and just "decide" when baby's here

Ive had a few people quirying my choice of name for my Boy
Collier is a Northern name and my Grandad's surname and it's a tribute to him that i chose this name
nd when people hve questioned me not going for a normal name
i want to LAMP THEM ONE :x :x :twisted:
Becuse there insulting my SON ME AND MY GRANDAD AND HERITAGE
So i ignore them no way in hell am i going to let them change the name i chose becuse they think it's diffrent
SOD THEM ID SAY!!!! there NINCOM POOPS :shakehead:
what ever name you chose is personal to you and you do not deseve stupid comments from insensitive idiots would they like it if you called thier name rubbish?????

Take no notice of them hunny :hug: :hug: :hug:
im proud of the name i chose for my son
and im sure the name you have chose is a wonderful one :hug: :hug: lol sarah

i just say no were not sure on names as i like unusual names and know peeps would laugh, i'll just tell um when babies here and then i wont care what they say lol

ohh thats not right nice! :x

fortunatly i havent had that said to me... the only comment ive had, is that the girls name sounds like mine...
Ive picked the name chloe if a girl and im called Zoe!

if anyone said they didnt like them, id say... AND?????? its not your kid, so not up to you!!!! lol :)

If anyone says it again reply saying, "Thank you for your opinion. It's NOT been noted" And turn away. I don't know why people think they can start telling you how to run your life just because you're pregnant. Cheeky beggers.

I've mentioned a few to some people and I know they haven't approved as they sa ynothing, which is fair enough. The best thing is if you love a name and your adamant that is the name for your baby don't tell anyone, tell them when the baby is born. I'm sure no-one would be insensitive enough to say anything once the baby is here (hopefully)!

xx

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm a teacher and a lot of my friends are teachers. Early on I spoke with friends about names we were thinking of and they were just plain rude about them - and didn't even realise!!! I have to admit though, I can't guarantee that I wouldn't have been the same before :oops: It's quite easy to say 'I have a pupil with that name and he/she is lovely/awful'.

You are thinking of your baby. They are just hearing the names as words and have no emotion attached to what they are saying.

I don't tell anyone now. Which is a major thing for me - I started telling friends I thought I was pregnant at 3 and a half weeks! I'm not good at keeping secrets :oops: I really want to sound out some of the names OH and I are thinking of with someone but I don't trust anyone to be thoughtful in their answers!

Also, if no one knows the name you are thinking of it makes changing your mind easier. If we had a girl I was going to call her Lucy. But I have a friend called Lucy and she has been annoying me lately so I've really gone off the name - even though I chose it when I was about 5! (It was my doll's name and that same doll is currently sitting in the new pushchair wearing baby cloths. I practise putting nappies on her :rotfl: ) She's tried to trick me into saying the names we're thinkng of and that also seems rude - if I've said I don't want to say, trying to trick me is obnoxious!!!!

Sorry for the long rant, I will get off my soapbox now :D

Yeah Lee wanted a really nice boys name and his heart was set on it ( thanks chelsea....lol)
But he told his parents and they hated it, so now he doesn't want the name. I was pissed off because i dont think they should have told him what a awful name it was, it was our choice. . anyway that put him off that name and now we have decided to keep our mouth shut and tell no one until he/she is born so then they cant try and put us off the name we chose for our baby.

This is why I tell everyone we're naming it Spartacus Caesar or Poonilla Kahlua. Everyone shuts up and leaves us alone. They can find out the real names when the baby is born :D

my family have liked the names id picked.
one friend did bother me a bit when i told her it was alex william, she said 'alexander' i said 'well no actually, we just liked alex' and she said 'it is alexander though, and thats what everyone will call him'. i said 'they'll most likely just call him alex, which will be his name'. a few days later i was speaking to mutal friends and they were all calling him alexander because she'd got there first! shes lovely really, just slightly overpowering with her opinions, naming my baby for me was a bit much though :rotfl:

it pees me off, i got a text off a friend after she asked if i had chosen a name for 'baby' i replied saying they were twins and their names, she said:

"y u callin em dat, u blessed wiv twins n call em names lyk dat? wtf. giv em normal names lyk sarah n adam nt shity 1s lyk dat. urgh they orrible its bad as callin jerome romey. y u callin em dat?"

and it made me cry for ages! we love the names we have picked out, and if anyone doesnt, tough shit in my opinion, it's up to us what we call our children and if they dont like it tough. they have a choice of changing them when they are older to James and Eden i guess by using their middle names. but still, maybe eden is too much different.

y cant people accept what names we have for OUR children?

bellybump said:
it pees me off, i got a text off a friend after she asked if i had chosen a name for 'baby' i replied saying they were twins and their names, she said:

"y u callin em dat, u blessed wiv twins n call em names lyk dat? wtf. giv em normal names lyk sarah n adam nt shity 1s lyk dat. urgh they orrible its bad as callin jerome romey. y u callin em dat?"

and it made me cry for ages! we love the names we have picked out, and if anyone doesnt, tough sh*t in my opinion, it's up to us what we call our children and if they dont like it tough. they have a choice of changing them when they are older to James and Eden i guess by using their middle names. but still, maybe eden is too much different.

y cant people accept what names we have for OUR children?

:shock: OMG I was going to give a reply about how they are lovely names & to ignore her etc. (which is true)

But to be honest - if I received a text like that I would probably just respond with a f**k off.

I am getting less tolerant of rude people as I get older and the pregnancy hormones aren't helping. I can't be arsed coming up with witty replies.

As long as YOU like the names.

kalia, i can totally emphasise with that as im too a teacher and get 'ohh ive taught alot of naughty boys/girls with that name' etc! Annoying!x

MIL asked if we had any names picked and I told her what we had, when I told her the girl's name she said 'No' with an expression on her face that said she disapproved. She then asked me again so I repeated myself and she said Oh, lovely! :rotfl: :rotfl: we have changed our minds now cos my new line manager has got a child with exactly the same name, christian and middle and I didn't want anyone at woprk to think I was copying!!

Xxx

I've not had any reactions like that to the names I've picked but, I'm also a teacher and most of the kids I teach think I should name the bump after them. Funnily enough, it's the kids that I'm not going to miss whilst I'm on maternity leave that feel the strongest about it!

Yep... I feel your pain!!

I originally liked Lacey and Alfie (and had my heart set) - but the girls at work were really bitchy and said Alfie makes them feel as though they want to break out in song and Lacey reminded them of the dog Lassie!!

(Funnily enough, one of the girls who hated Alfie has a son called Archie - sounds pretty similar to me?!)

SO... I changed them :oops: I now like Harley and Evie... but now they are saying that Harley is a motorbike and very "chavvy" and Evie would be called "Eve" all the time...

I don't care anymore - I've chosen, it's MY baby so NURRRR to them! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back