any good excuses anyone?

okiegirl

Reaction score
has anyone got any good excuses or things to say when u are asked what names u r choosing,if you'd rather not say.
i'm already bein asked and i remember last time i was pregnant i was being asked constantly by the same people eveyrytime i saw them n i was running out of things to say!i used to say oh we havent decided or im not sure yet and they'd b like oh u must have some ideas etc etc....sometimes makes me feel like saying mind ur own blimming business!

lol
just tell them you're not saying til its here!

ive already tried that but some people r very annoying and dont give up asking!

okiegirl said:
ive already tried that but some people r very annoying and dont give up asking!

its getting quite annoying with me too!
even though ive decided the name, the same people ask me if ive changed my mind yet.. its like they dont want me to use that name!

its like, grrrrrrrrrrrrr its my baby ill call it what i want :wall:

To be asked constantly gets annoying, but i think its becoming a bit of a cliche to ask pregnant couples all the time. I usually say I wont reveal it until baby's born and thats that!

I totally agree with you all.. i hate it! the MIL is always saying " have u decided a name yet coz im sick of going thru the alphabet everynight".. :roll: umm .. well dont! :x i hate all the sugestions aswell, like im going to let them chose the name :? its MY BABY! the best excuse to say is simply....
we're waiting until he/shes born and then will decide :) classic!

just say.. we are waiting to see what it looks like..

i seriously have told people.. oi.. mind ur own business jokily but ment it.. and when people say all sad aww y arnt u finding out.. i say coz i dont want a stranger telling me i want alex to.. and people have bn peeing me off asking what names we got.. it was we got a few but not saying yet.. then they r like tell me the few.. im like no.. they go aww go on.. then i say lol.. mind ur own bloody busness u nosey bugger jokingly..but i really mean it..

so now im saying no we are waiting till its born..

yeh good idea saying we're waiting to see what it looks like,ill try that!

lisa&alex said:
just say.. we are waiting to see what it looks like..

i seriously have told people.. oi.. mind ur own business jokily but ment it.. and when people say all sad aww y arnt u finding out.. i say coz i dont want a stranger telling me i want alex to.. and people have bn peeing me off asking what names we got.. it was we got a few but not saying yet.. then they r like tell me the few.. im like no.. they go aww go on.. then i say lol.. mind ur own bloody busness u nosey bugger jokingly..but i really mean it..

so now im saying no we are waiting till its born..

good on you :) i could have written the exact same thing myself when i was at your stage :) :clap:

I'd have to make up a really weird name like bum hole and see what they say :rotfl:

I know how you feel.

I got so sick of people's OTT reactions when I told them it was Stanley that I cringed when I was asked. :roll:

Next time I'll politely tell people we are keeping it between us until the birth. If you say it nicely you can get away with anything :lol:

we have just told people we are not telling anyone and thats that.

Can't be doing with people screwing their noses up at names you pick :x

I usually say well i like .... but hubby doesn't and we cant decide on a name we both like yet, never had any come back from that as yet..you watch i'll probably be bombarded with suggestions now.

Its bad enough everytime the kids hear a name on telly etc they say can we call her ... or what about ..., drives me mad but they are just so excited bless em

My MIL the other day said "Oh have you thought of any names, my middle name is Jane." i was like ohhh right nice to which she replied "Jane is a good name I think she should be called Jane after me..." all deadly serious and every time I see her its "Thought about Jane anymore?"

NOOOO GET LOST IM NOT CALLING HER JANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ahem*

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back