Ovulation with PCOS

nicky1987

Reaction score
Opk's dont seem to be working for me at all so i was just wondering if anyone knows a good way to predict ovulation with pcos. I lookded into getting a clearblue fertility monitor but someone suggested that they are only useful if you have a regular cycle!:eh:

Hey Hun,

I've never tried the CBFM so can't help there, it does test other hormones as well as LH though, have a google.

I what way do OPKs not work for you?

xx

sometimes i get second lines and other times i dont. ive had a couple of dark lines before but theyve never been as dark or darker than the control line. i just feel that they dont really work for me x

Hey Hun,

Why don't you try the clearblue digital opks, they are very reliable, you can get a 20 pack on amazon for the best price.

Other than that you could BD every other day.

xx

Just had a look at those. think i'll order some of those on pay day!! Do you think temping is a good way of prediciting ov with pcos or not? ive never actually tried that xxxx

I reckon I have PCOS and I've always had lines on OPKS, most of them quite good ones as well! Have you been given anything to help? Metformin or Clomid? And sometimes the time of testing can affect results, mine were better in the early afternoon but I've heard others got best results in the morning. What sensitivity are your tests?

Sorry for the 100 questions lol.

x x

Haven't tried temping Hun, I don't fancy it, I love to poas!! :)

xx

Hiya ive not been given anything yet. ive been referred to the hospital for that but im waiting for my appointment to come through. I'm just using the cheapie one step ov tests off ebay. not sure how sensitive they are. my last cycle was 140 days. so far this cycle im on day 104!! howevr i did have some slight spotting on cd37!! so really i just dont know when i am best testing!!! xxx

yeah i must admit i did become slightly addicted to poas a couple of months ago!! ive calmed myself down a bit now tho as it was really messing with my head!!

I've had 100 day + cycles before. I think when my cycles were getting longer and longer, I didn't think I had been ovulating but thought maybe my body was trying to and that's why I got loads of lines. Not 100% sure what's happening with me yet as I've got to have bloods done for PCOS but I think I ovulate very, very rarely - if at all!

My ovulation tests I think were 20miu and I should have got the 40miu ones so I would suggest the ones that are less sensitive and see what happens.

Have you used Agnus Castus?

x x

Last edited:
Yeh ive been taking agnus castus, evening primrose oil and folic acid. not sure its doing anything yet! Agirl on here suggested starflower oil instead of agnus castus so may try that. ive just ordered some clearblue ovulation tests off ebay but not the digi ones. gonna see how i go with these ones first!!

i had my bloods for pcos 3 weeks ago and got my results last week. (as doc was away on holiday when my results came back!!) i think ive finally accepted that that is what i have got. but want to do as much as i can myself to help it before my hospital appointment comes through!! he said he couldnt prescribe the tablets that i need only the hospital can xxxx

Hi Nicky,

I didn't realize your cycles were that long, I reckon there is a high probability you don't even ovulate, I think they will give you Clomid and/or Metformin, when's your appointment?

I wouldn't bother with opks thinking about it.

xx

im waiting for my letter to arrive maybe. the doc said it would be this year!! so whatever that means!! its scary to think that i might not ovulate :( the doc said he doesnt see any reason why we cant have babies i just need a bit of help. hmm i dont like this pcos crap at all!!! x

Ahh Hun, try not to worry, you can be treated fairly easily and there are a lot of girls here in the same situation who will give advice and support.

Get chasing that appointment Hun! :)

xx

If its not hear by the end of next monday im gonna phone up and see whats going on! All my other appointments ive had have been really quick so trust this one to take for bloody ever!!! been feeling pretty rough last night and today. feels like af could be making an appearance but im not holding out too much hope on that one!! xx

I agree with Maybe. Lots of ladies on here with PCOS have babies as well - even Victoria Beckham has PCOS and she has 4 children (admittedly she probably got the best help she could - who wouldn't?).

It's expensive to do ovulation tests with cycles as long as what ours are as well, so I would say not to do them either.

Hope you get your appointment letter soon, so you can get cracking with treatment! :)

x x

Hi ladies. Sorry to butt in. I'm just in a similar boat and was wondering the same thing. I'm currently on CD88 and it's so frustrating not knowing where you are! I forever feel like my period is starting but it never does. My gp was on about putting me on Metformin and also testing OHs spermies. Just phoned to make him an appointment and the next one is 18th November!! Why does it always feel like the odds are stocked against you.

Really sorry to butt in and moan. This thread just came at the right time.

Hiya hun, its awful isnt it! i hate not knowing whats going on!! i'd give anything to have normal cycles and know when im about to ovulate or if i even have ovulated. I just dont know what signs to look for!! Keep having pains and cramps as if af is about to come and then it never does!!! x

It's just horrible. And I'm 26 27 in November. Supposed to be at prime baby making age!! Ha ha. It's just so frustrating. I didn't know that opks were unreliable with pcos. 2 weeks ago I got the darkest line iv ever had on an opk and I got really excited. Now I know I probably didn't ov at all.

All the best sweetie. Thanks for listening to me! X

Hey Nicky

I have PCOS and have had false positives on OPKS in the past, it's due to the increased LH hormones so annoyingly opk's arent 100% reliable.

I think temping will give you a more accurate results, I dont temp as I am on clomid and suffer hot flushes during the night. But from what I have read it does help especially if you have long irregular cycles.

Are you on a low GI diet ? I would highly recommened it as a lot of women respond to it as it helps with the hormone imbalence.

You can get some good recipes online.

Def chase your appt hun, I waited three weeks for mine only to find out they didnt book it so I had to wait 10 weeks in total!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back