Questions for you ladies with PCOS.

Sparkles76

Reaction score
I have very irregular periods (I think 5 this year). I am in Cycle day 68 and this month i have had 3 +OPK's. I have litrally just got the 3rd one tonight.
I had my bloods done this week and have a scan booked for the 28th December.
This month more so than before (although it may be because i am paying more attention to what is happening with my body) i feel very sick to the point i want to reach, i am getting cramps and the odd pain down below, sore breast.
Do you think this sounds like PCOS?
Also looking for a bit of a buddy, if there is anyone going through the same type of thing.

Hello hun, I get the same although haven't been confirmed with pcos. Have a lot of symptoms though and the most irritating one extra long cycles!
Haven't used opks before although starting to worry if a ovulate so buying some. Xx

I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but trying to decide if i have the symptons. I have read up on PCOS and never find that nausea is one of the symptoms although i am now starting to think that this could be happening when i'm ovulating (if i am actually ovulating)
How long have your been TTC?

I go through patches of feeling a little sicky too but its probably not linked!..I came off the pill around august 2010 and havent used anything since, however until a few months ago only got to see my bf mainly weekends because his job back then. Now I get him every night! Hehe
You? X

Hey hun i go through exactly the same! Ive had a few positive opks throughout my cycles and some very misleading hpts!! I also get all my symptoms (cramping, unsettled stomach, a couple of spots and sore boobs) and think oooo this cycle is a lot shorter as af must be on its way! Then it never arrives!! M last 2 cycles have been 148 days and 127 days now im currently CD79 i think!! I dont trust OPKs anymore xxxx

I'm starting to think that OPK's are not that reliable or maybe it's the brand that i buy!!
Well i should have my blood test back this week, not that i know what they are going to show up!!
Been trying for pretty much a year now but same as you due to work patterns and shifts 'trying can be difficult' we also have 3 year old already so finding time for each other is a little hard.
I am going to give it a really good try this month and over Christmas.
Are you ladies being tested for anything or just happy to keep trying and see what happens?

me and oh are in the middle of loads of tests but they are 95% certain i have PCOS. What blood tests have you had? x

Good question, I can't remember that they are looking for but i think mainly to see if i actually ovulate which i suppose is a good start.
I have a scan booked for the end of December, I am hoping that i just need help with shortening my cycles but just have to wait and see.
Did you not have to have blood test's done?

Yeah so far i have blood tests for my thyroid, insulin and all my hormones. all were fine apart from my testosterone is raised. Ive had an ultrasound and an internal scan which shows my oviaries are bulky and have a PCOS appearance! Ive just recently had a smear now ive been referred for a hycosy scan (to check for any blockages) and OH needs to do a sperm analysis - that should have been done a while ago but we are having trouble booking him in for it! Ive also had day 21 bloods done but i didnt ovulate! xxx

sounds like you have lots coming up with all these test. It's nice to know i'm not the only one with these random cycles which is how it feels sometimes. Was really getting to me this week but decided that i need to pull myself together and not worry which is why today i have thrown away all my OPK's and tests and going to let things happen (hopefully quickly). I need to just stop worrying atleast up until we have scans and know that there is a problem.

I havent used an OPK since the start of October - just find the really misleading. Its so so easy to say not to worry about things but i have times where i just panic about it all! OH is very good at snapping me out of it tho. Keep your chin up hun and if you ever need help with anything or just need to chat then im here to listen xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back