Bloods show hormone levels normal, could i still have pcos??

Carr87

Reaction score
I rang up for my blood results and oestrogen, prog ans test have all come back as normal, I cant get an appointment with gp till thursday but im just wondering if anyone knows if its possible that i could still have pcos with hormone levels inthe normal range? Im so confused id expected my testosterone to be high as i have the excess hair!

Hi hun, did they check your testosterone? Have you had LH to fsh ratio done too? They're the main pcos indicators and amh which I think only the hospital will do that one. But I know that you can have pcos and seemingly normal bloods- you might react more to a normal level of testosterone. I think you need to have a scan because that will clear things up for definite. On the positive side your progesterone was normal so you should be ovulating which is good xxx

hi blondy, im not sure what it all means in regards to ovulation, i havnt had a period since i had my mirena out 86 days ago, i had the light withdrawel bleed and nothing since. iv charted throughout tho

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/38fa3d

i thought id ovulated on day 25, ff confirmed but i never got af, then i had ov symptoms again on cd54 which was roughly 28 days later, again no af! i dont know if my temps are too low, i asked gp and he said it didnt matter and it was the spike to look for. the only thing iv had was light blown streaked cm on cd 60 that lasted a cpl of days but nothing else. in regards to the LH/FSH ratio, i know iv had them both tested and they were normal but i dont know what they were in relation to eachother or if gp looked at this, i hvae app woth him on thursday so ill mention it then

Hmm it definitely sounds like you're not ovulating then. I don't have much knowledge of the mirena coil; do periods normally take a while to come back after that? Thing is once you start getting to 100 odd day cycles there has to be some sort of issue. I think you've got to be firm with them and if they say your bloods are fine push for a scan. I think you need to know for definite either way xxx

yeh im going to ask for a scan, i know i had cysts on the last one but they said they wernt consistant with pcos, that could be different now though. im going to ask about getting something to start af off but i think he will be reluctant to do that and just refer me for a gynea appointment at the hospital xxx

also the docs are saying thet fertility returns straight away but iv read so many mirena horror stories about periods not returning till a year after removal and other similar stories..............i got it put in for heavy painful af, but iv never gone this long without an af, i just dont know how regular they were as av always been on the pill so it would have been the 28day pill bleeds! thanks again

Last edited:
Hi Carr i would ask for a scan and see if you can get a AMH level blood test too. This will indicate whether you have PCOS as well. Gizz xxx

What is the AMH blood test?

iv googled it! lol have added it to the list thanks xxx

Last edited:
I think it stands for Anti Mellerian Hormone and it calculates your egg reserve, (at any time of your cycle) A very high reading will tell you whether you have PCOS. Don't forget even if you have Poly Cystic Ovaries, this is different from the Syndrome. I would def get this done if you are worried about PCOS.
Soem of the girls here have managed to get their GPs to do it but the liklihood is that you may have to pay for it privately. I think paid £90.00 for mine. I can give you the details if you are near to London.
Gizz xxxx

I am interested in getting amh levels done privately but can't afford private treatment after if necessary. Can u pay for bloods and take results to gp? Do u need referral?

Bloody 13 what should ratio be mine was Lh 17.4 and fsh 7.8 but I dont know which cycle day I was on as very irregular since off the implant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back