What does PCOS feel like?

LouiseB

Reaction score
I'm just lying in bed and I'm cd 7 which is way too early for OV and I can feel an OV type burning twinge in my right ovary region.

I havent been diagnosed with PCOS but these IVF cycles have unbalanced my cycles a little bit so I do wonder if they have caused some cysts or something.

I was just wondering if people with PCOS get OV type twinges at this stage in their cycle?

Thanks xx

Hi Lou I'm cd9 and I have twinges, had then since yesterday. Also having mega hot flushes!!! Not sure if it's ovulation but I'm feeling them too! X

I get sharp pains in oviry areas at random times in cycle. I'm on CD3 nad got really sharp pains over my right one this morning. Hot flushes are random too!

Hmm, see I think I get twinges at random times and seem to get more OV pains than most but they've never noticed any cysts on any of my scans.

They did however say I had a genetic tendency to develop PCOS and my antral follicle count indicated I had one over active and one under active ovary :eh:

It doesn't really matter with me having IVF but I wish I knew if I should be taking the metformin or not as it can improve egg quality if they are being impacted by too much insulin.

Do you get an insulin resistance test as part of PCOS diagnosis?

My consultant said that if you are diagnosed with pcos and you have two of the factors the. You are a strong case for metformin.
So for me, have l clearly have loads of cysts on the ultrasound and raised androgen levels (testosterone) as well as some of the other horrid pcos symptoms. If that's the case then be said you can be pretty sure you have insulin resistance. He said its more common than you think.
I now take metformin and when I fall pregnant it will be taken through most of the pregnancy.

Metformin for me is meant to shorten my cycle and improve my follicle production, hopefully giving me a great egg.

X

Sorry terrible typing on iPhone. The simplest way of diagnosing pcos is scan and pcos blood profile. But you've had these already no? X

I always got random pains with mine, but never knew where this would be in my cycle as my cycle was none-existent :wall: :roll:

Maybe I should get an insulin resistance and testosterone test then...

I don't think I've had those because I have normal cycles but I could still be ovulating and forming cysts :eh:

If u were producing cysts then surely you wouldn't have regular periods though? :eh:

Speak to Chaz Lou as she's got pcos and normal cycles, see what her doc says about it..:)

Xx

I'm very interested to know what it feels like , as my periods have been so messed up since LO.

She is 6 months now, I've had a period every month but lately they seem more 35 day cycles rather than 28.

My period for April is 2 weeks later. Mum also suffers from pcos .

Sorry to jump in on your thread x

Apologies for any typos!

Hey Lou

I'm only 'moderatley' polycystic (but so moderate they don't think i OV properly), and my cycles range from CD23 - 39, they average out at 28/29 tho when i look back over them recenly.

I get niggles around OV but thats about it, any other sensation i put down to wind :rofl:, however this month i feel like i am still having AF cramps :eh:

You've had all the scans so i would have though anything would have been picked up as mine was picked up on my 1st xxxx

I don't always have cysts on overis (3 out of 5 scans were okay) but blood tests for hormones are out of whack, I has tash, spare tyre, irregular cycles etc. So before they saw any cysts on scans they could diagnose me on bloods and visulas alone.

I was tested for diabetes many times as I oftern ended up at docs or ER from passing out and my blood sugar levels were always low when tested me - gave me glucose and I would be fine (or other times they'd be too high)
Yet all diabetes test came back normal or borderline.

Since been on Metformin I've lost 4 stone in weight with no change in food/lifestyle and my blood sugar has stablised. Not had a fainting fit for ages. Also not tired all the time - I can get up on a morning now. Also started to regulate cycles more.

So yes Metformin does more than help with cycles and no matter what happens I've been told to stay on it as it's proven to work so well for me (I refused to beleive it at first)

If you think you might have it hun push for more PCOS tests as not everyone with PCOS has cysts all the time if that makes sense. (last ER trip they said the sudden sharp pain I was feeling was a cyts and when it burts I'll be fine. 3 days later it burts - was yukky TMI down there then I came on and was fine)

ASo yeah even if have no cysts show on scans I'm pretty sure the sharp pains we randomly feel now are the cyts and when they burst we're back to not feeling them again.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks everyone :) That is what is boils down to - metformin or no.

I was going to do it for this next cycle but then the consultant said no point but was still talking about the impact that PCOS could have on my eggs as a possible contribution for the no fertilisation.

I don't want to take the metformin for no reason though because last cycle I was 5 eggs down on the previous cycle and im not sure what else would cause that but the metformin.

Maybe your right Chaz and it's just wind :blush:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back