*****Overdue Chat*****

Yes, once you mentioned hospital bags I started thinking about all my clothes and now wearing uncomfortable leggings and a bump tshirt, as don't know what kind of clothes are going to be comfortable mostly after baby is here and incase I have the scary c word (caesarean) just shoved 5 more baby sleep suits in babies bag too, don't know why baby's got more stuff than me?!? Half of the bag has been taken up by nappies and cotton wool haha and blankets, don't know why I put 3 blankets in there when we weren't even going to a hospital with bounty picture (we are now).

I thought that might be the case with hubby, he won't be impressed if he has to go home. £8 a day for parking, how silly is that?

Had a headache 2days in a row now :-( no swelling or blurred vision to go with it though

Are you drinking enough water? My midwife and the Maternity Assessment Unit told me with anything like headaches to take paracetamol and make sure I'm drinking 2-3 litres of water, and if it doesn't pass, to call in.

I think parking fees at hospitals are ridiculous! Because neither of us drive we always get either my dad or OH's mum to take us to the hospital, we always offer to pay for parking but neither lets us. Makes us feel well bad!

I'm taking my pregnancy pillow and a dressing gown, slippers etc. I'm kept babies stuff to 2 outfits in 2 different sizes, newborn/up to 1 month and 0-3 (so 4 outfits altogether) and enough stuff for baby to last 2 days basically. If I end up in there longer with baby, people can bring stuff in. But it's more likely I'll be in there a few days and baby just overnight! Unless I end up with a c-section, which I really hope doesn't happen.

Could your OH not stay in a reception/waiting area like mine will do? Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it, if we end up on a ward with mums and their babies, there's simply no way to accommodate birthing partners :(

I'm probably not drinking enough and crying too much haha

Think I'd rather other half get some proper sleep, he could always sleep in the car, he can literally sleep anywhere! Will do my bags on Monday to give me something to do as will want to keep myself busy!

Sending hubby to Asda on the way home for nappies as pampers are £7 a pack! Fingers crossed baby is not allergic to them! I worry too much! Not that other brands aren't good, I just like pampers.

Do you have an Aldi nearby? We're giving those a try as everyone has raved about them and said they're better than Pampers, 24 pack is £1.49!

I've been convincing hubby that they won't send me home until I've had baby on Tuesday, they won't right? They're not going to put a pessary in and send me home? I'm not convinced myself now! It's 45mins away from home so going back and forth is a not want we want to do! Also does hubby get to stay with me? I don't want to send him home then him miss baby being born x

Tri hopping here but just wanted to tell you what happened with me last time so you have an idea! I was induced at 6pm and they sent hubby home at 9pm as partners aren't allowed to stay on the ward. They kept telling me I wasn't in labour and that it was just the induction working but I was getting regular contractions. I thought about texting hubby at 3am but because they had told me it could take days I decided to let him sleep. He was coming back for 8.30am but at 7.30am my waters went and my son was born at 8.14am. The hospital rang my husband at 7.40am but due to rush hour he didn't make it in time.

I will be much wiser if I'm induced this time and hubby won't be going any where!

I've been convincing hubby that they won't send me home until I've had baby on Tuesday, they won't right? They're not going to put a pessary in and send me home? I'm not convinced myself now! It's 45mins away from home so going back and forth is a not want we want to do! Also does hubby get to stay with me? I don't want to send him home then him miss baby being born x

Tri hopping here but just wanted to tell you what happened with me last time so you have an idea! I was induced at 6pm and they sent hubby home at 9pm as partners aren't allowed to stay on the ward. They kept telling me I wasn't in labour and that it was just the induction working but I was getting regular contractions. I thought about texting hubby at 3am but because they had told me it could take days I decided to let him sleep. He was coming back for 8.30am but at 7.30am my waters went and my son was born at 8.14am. The hospital rang my husband at 7.40am but due to rush hour he didn't make it in time.

I will be much wiser if I'm induced this time and hubby won't be going any where!

Thank you for sharing! This has made me feel less bad for agreeing with OH that he should stay in the hospital, just not directly with me on the ward. I've told him so long as I'm not in labour I'll come sit with him anyway, I'm not fussed about being in bed until I'm ready to actually sleep. And I presume if I'm IN labour, they'll have no choice but to let him be with me if he's there. I'm not having him miss the birth of his 1st child for anyone!!

Over 2 years on and I still feel slightly upset that he missed it. As a first time mum you kind of just go with what the 'professionals' tell you - my instinct was that I was in labour and I really wish now that I had texted him.

There was another woman being induced at the same time as me and her husband missed it too. The third woman in there went into labour really quickly and they moved her to delivery about 11pm and called her partner so all three of us had a pretty smooth induction. I know that for a lot of women induction can be a really long process but it isn't always the case. Good luck! xx

Thank you for that purpleslurple, I am worried as there is also road works on the a road that the hospital is on!! I said to hubby, it's his choice and understand his decision either way!

Bump is tight today, don't think there is much room left for baby!

I have been having such sharp pains in 'my bits' (lolol), I think it's baby getting more engaged as it's the same feelings I had when baby was first getting engaged. Blooming painful! Honestly just so uncomfortable now, it's getting me a bit down :(

Well that's all the hospital bags re-packed! One for baby, two for me. Plus going to put together a 'if we need it' bag for baby with more clothes and nappies, that either my dad or OH mum can bring over if we run out.

Any niggles tonight Ellie?

Nothing SAHF, hubby is convinced that baby is coming out this weekend haha I'm not so!

Keep looking at my bump thinking how big it is and wondering how I'm going to go back down to normal haha

Ooh you're organised SAHF I'm doing it Monday haha x

I decided it was better to get it done so I can relax tomorrow, and who knows, if I end up going into labour tonight or tomorrow, at least everything is ready! Going into nesting overload now though. Tidying up around the house, going through my clothes and throwing things out, even tidying up OH's sock and boxers drawers! What a wild Friday night hahaha!

Haha anything to put your mind at rest, I've been doing random things around the house that make me feel better like wiping the front door down and cleaning out the kitchen drawers haha

Just done our food shop to be delivered full of easy to cook food for the next 2 weeks, I know our families will bring food but just incase, can't rely on people bringing food haha x

Thankfully we're sorted for food. I bulk cooked two and a half weeks worth of main meals, all ready in the freezer so all OH has to do is defrost and make the rice/pasta/potatoes to go with it! OH can't cook and his response to me not cooking is to order takeaway, which I don't really want to live on when breastfeeding! Will just need dad to drop off some breakfast stuff to keep us going and we're sorted. I'll dread cooking again after those 2 and a bit weeks haha!

My feet are SO swollen tonight, they're actually painful. But I suppose that's what I get for making myself busy around the house!

Feels weird now it's officially past midnight and Saturday, that I could have my baby tomorrow.... scary!

Lovely thought too though, bet it still doesn't feel real!

Had to defrost the freezer this week so couldn't bulk freeze which was my original intentions but hubby is a better cook than me hehe

Mine are a bit swollen too, don't think I've been as busy as you though!

I've had pretty bad oedema since the 3rd trimester, I should wear maternity stockings everyday but they're in the wash at the moment! Definitely swollen enough that I'm giving up on today now and climbing into bed. Going to read for a bit until I'm tired enough to sleep, a luxury I doubt I'll have for a long time after Sunday!

Got to pop to Tesco in the morning to get a couple of newborn bodysuits. Realised all of ours are long-sleeved which won't be easy to put on in the hospital, so going to get some short sleeved ones!

I've not long got up haha, I did think though there isn't going to be any weekends where we can both sleep in a cuddle any time soon, so don't feel guilty at all!

Just got our pet renewal through and it's so expensive! Think it's cos she's over 5 now! Oh well, would never cancel it!

How you feeling today? Your brave going to tesco on a Saturday, I don't even want to go further than the in-laws other then to the hospital hahaha said to bump last night that it needs to come out so mummy can go to costa haha sad I know.

We were actually up super early today and ended up going into town as well as Tesco. Had breakfast together, did a little shopping and popped up to OH's mum's. Other than walking like an elderly penguin and being very uncomfortable with babies head being well and truly engaged, I'm not too bad today. I don't feel like I'll go into labour naturally before tomorrow, that's for sure!

OH has done tons of cleaning today, I did yesterday, couple more things to do then house is ready to bring baby home. How long it'll stay clean once baby is here is another thing entirely haha!

Bit nervous about being induced, it all feels so surreal!

How have you been today??

Just got a bit moody but done some cleaning in the kitchen, worrying about people coming round when little ones here, sure I'll do it again on Monday! Haha

Hubby has been in a bad mood too as he's had a migraine but then sits in front of the tv playing his Xbox!!

Keep thinking about you going to be induced tomorrow and get excited for you, I'd be the same, probably won't believe it until it's happening!
I understand that it will hopefully be all systems go tomorrow but I hope you can keep us updated and I'll wish you all the best and luck in the world now! Can't wait to see pics of your baby x

Best of luck for tomorrow SAHF! Hope all goes well and it won't be long before your little bubba is welcomed into the world. x

EllieH, hopefully your time will come very soon too for your bubba's arrival. x

It must be driving you gals batty being overdue! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back