Rant over Letting Agents!!! UPDATED

I was just about to text you but thought I'd add it here instead!!

Glad it seems as though things might get sorted. It wouldn't be such a minor problem if the shower fixture fell on Jacques head during a bath or something though :evil: Have you copied the letter that you sent confirming the conversation you both had with regard to the fixtures and fittings that need redoing?

Oh, and I'd post a little note through all the neighbours doors attached to a bag of dog poo - Chances are, it was probably one of them!! :rotfl: xx

LITTLE UPDATE

I got a reply letter from Letting Agents - saying they will get back to us and let us know when they will do the maintenance, and good luck with the baby....nothing about the deposit scheme! totally ignored that part! :roll:

So I have sent an email this morning asking again for the details of which scheme it is in, and no reply as yet.

Got a reply from one of the three Schemes I emailed, saying it's not with them, so only two others to go.

Be nice if we do get two or three times our money back!!! :dance:

HideiLu said:
LITTLE UPDATE

I got a reply letter from Letting Agents - saying they will get back to us and let us know when they will do the maintenance, and good luck with the baby....nothing about the deposit scheme! totally ignored that part! :roll:

So I have sent an email this morning asking again for the details of which scheme it is in, and no reply as yet.

Got a reply from one of the three Schemes I emailed, saying it's not with them, so only two others to go.

:shhh: I have to be careful giving advice on housing stuff as its my bread and butter, but please Sue the landlords ass!! Its down to the landlord to prove they have put the deposit in not you so once you have confirmation from the other TDS that its not in serve them with the claim.

Its the N5 form from court service website and will cost approx £30 to do. If LL puts the deposit in now they are aware your on to them you are still entitled to claim, any more info feel free to PM me!

Oooh so one has been eliminated! :cheer: 1 down, 2 to go!

I wish they'd just hurry up and give you answers and a friggin' date to sort out the problems :wall:

Keep us updated! x

aramintalovegrove said:
HideiLu said:
LITTLE UPDATE

:shhh: I have to be careful giving advice on housing stuff as its my bread and butter, but please Sue the landlords ass!! Its down to the landlord to prove they have put the deposit in not you so once you have confirmation from the other TDS that its not in serve them with the claim.

Its the N5 form from court service website and will cost approx £30 to do. If LL puts the deposit in now they are aware your on to them you are still entitled to claim, any more info feel free to PM me!

Thank you for the info hun :hug: The fact they've avoided answering makes me really think they haven't paid it, so won't mind paying the extra £30 if it means getting all that money back! :) We moved in just 2 months after the legislation was put in place so they were probably a little behind things then!

Oooh I love this law as it is all new and waiting for common law to be ruled.......Im so sad!!!

There is no defence for 'not knowing' in law, the law is on your side hun!

They have to legally give you alot of info when telling you they have secured your deposit (sometimes contained in your tenancy agreement) so that for one is enough to make a claim regardless of if its in the TDS or not. Sounds like they havent put it in TBH and if an agent deals with all the tenancy stuff they will be in for alot of problems as you sue the landlord and he/she would have a good claim to sue them. £30ish for 3x your deposit is well worth it, until they secure the money any section 21 notice they serve is invalid too!!

Right Im shutting up before you see truly how sad I am plus Im off on annual leave this week!

aramintalovegrove said:
£30ish for 3x your deposit is well worth it, until they secure the money any section 21 notice they serve is invalid too!!

Oooh so that means they can't order us to pack our bags then?! :think: :dance:

Well well well!

We have just received notification that our deposit has only just been protected on 22nd July - over 13 months since we moved in!!

Spoke to the scheme it's with and they said we can now proceed to claim 3x our deposit back!!! Will come in soooo handy for LO!! :dance: :dance:

:cheer: You have Pm Hun thanks for the update, im a bit crap at gettibg through the whole board ATM so if you need any more info than contained in the PM I sent then PM me....hehe if that makes sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back