*****Overdue Chat*****

SAHF

Reaction score
Now that I am over-due I thought perhaps it'd be nice to have a dedicated thread in here for us ladies who are over-due to chat, share tips and tricks, see what stages we're at and when we end up having our babies, maybe sharing what worked for us?

I'm 40+1 today, was due January 12th - team yellow!

Had my 1st sweep today and have another booked in a week today if baby doesn't arrive before then.

Admittedly I haven't tried much, just eating pineapple, chewing the pineapple core, eating dates daily (both as per midwives advice), and now onto a spicy curry tonight!

Well as you know I'm the same as you, my plug has come away this evening but only one or two contractions this evening! Spoke to my nan earlier and she said when she had my aunt (her first and 46 years ago) she was left to go 3weeks over!!! I felt the colour drain from my face when she said it!! My mum also went 17 days over due with me (she was induced at 14DOD then 2 days in labour as was born at 1am on the 17th day!)

So it's not looking good for me, which sucks as I'm struggling to walk after my sweep today :-( hurts so bad!

You feeling anything yet SAHF? X

Although I wish neither of us were sore, it's reassuring to know you're feeling the same after your sweep today Ellie! I'm feeling tender and sore and going downstairs is leaving me with a stinging sensation! Not had any twinges yet which is disheartening. Just had our curry which was pretty darn spicy, and had another half a pineapple!

I dread the thought of being induced. Even the NHS website itself says it hurts more, takes longer and leads to further intervention. Really don't want to be induced!

My MIL saw how much pain I was in and said 'it won't be long', so hoping she's right! I couldn't get out of the bath, I could stand up in it but cocking my leg really hurt, I just felt so unsafe so had to call DH to give me a hand!! I'm shuffling everywhere.

I don't want to be induced either, my midwife was trying to book me in at the hospital I'd have to go to, to be induced (hospital near me is low risk only) but couldn't get through, hope it's a sign!

I've found with how engaged baby is that most movements are way more difficult at this stage. Even opening my legs wide for the sweep was difficult because of babies shoulders! It makes me worried how I'll manage to give birth haha.

Getting very slight tightenings around front and back, but trying not to get my hopes up that it means anything! Being only 1cm at today's appointment doesn't give me much hope.

Have you booked a 2nd sweep? I have one booked for next Wednesday 'in case', but I read you can have one 3 days after your first one. Unfortunately my midwife is only in certain days of the week so I can't request one sooner than that!

Yes I have a appointment for Wednesday and can have another sweep if I want. My midwife is only in on Wednesdays too! How you feeling this morning?
Have you tried nipple stimulation? I have used a manual pump, only for 10min but nothing's come of it, was a couple of days ago haha might try it again, anything to get it going!

I haven't specifically, but I have been applied the Weleda Nursing Oil, although not half as often throughout the day as I should. I may up my game with that! Still eating my dates and pineapple. I'm actually quite disappointed nothing came of the sweep and curry overnight ha.

My midwife said if the sweep is going to work it'll be within 48hrs so I've got 23hrs left haha

Even DTD last night (probably didn't help the pain between my legs haha sorry TMI) and nothing!

How your baby lying? I've got its feet under my right ribs, bum under my left and it's back goes down the left side of my tummy so don't think baby's putting my pressure on my cervix, although the midwife did say she touched baby's head!!

I think my plug is starting to come away!!

Mine is straight up and down at the moment I think. I think s/he has legs crossed, too, as I mainly feel knees if they move about in the middle of my tummy just above my belly button.

My midwife said the same about touching babies head. I got a bit protective over the idea ha, told OH I didn't like that we didn't have our baby here yet and already other people were touching him/her, what a ridiculous thing to think!

No, I get where you're coming from, I thought can't believe she's touched my baby and I haven't! Haha

I can't feel anything around my belly button as that's where my placenta must be!

And that's good, shows things are moving along. X

Also just had a really strong pain around my lower middle/back, but it could have been wind ha! It was quite strong, I had to stop talking to OH and let it pass. Desperately trying not to get my hopes up though!!

Any niggles from your baby today? xo

I've had nothing today SAHF! But yours sound promising! I read somewhere that some woman think the pains feel like strong wind pains, so if you get another one, sit in the toilet to make sure it's not wind hehe fx for you!! X

Aaaahhhh SAHF hope you're ok after not hearing from you and all is going well!

Lost loads more plug but no pains! My moods are so up and down, one minute I'm ok I'm the size of a whale and going to give birth to a baby whale and carry on my day then the next moment I want to cry that my baby is not in my arms!

Still no signs of labour! Lost lots more of my plug though. Been trying to keep busy and active around the house, and for the first time in a couple of weeks I haven't let myself nap!!

I'm going through the same emotions. It's so frustrating going over our due dates!

Thought you were in labour for a bit hehe was getting excited for you!

I need some out of the box thinking for getting this baby out!

Haha I wish! Although I'd be very happy if something started overnight!

I've contemplated some late exercise to see if that kicks things off.... But I'm never one for exercise at the best of times ha!

Haha must be getting desperate hahaha I jogged up the stairs earlier! Just started getting period pains so rocking my hips to keep it up as I am desperate x

Did they lead to anything?

I had nothing overnight. I think the sweep has officially not worked, although the 48 hour period gives me up until 4pm today. So frustrating. But, I will keep active again today and hope for the best!

No, been unsettled in the night and just had to rush to the toilet with an upset stomach but lying here now and no more pains. Going back to sleep, fed up now haha x

I actually managed my first proper night's sleep in a week, I feel amazing ha! Avoiding the naps yesterday afternoon was obviously key ha.

I'm going to be on a cleaning mission today. My sister-in-law's waters broke when she was cleaning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back