opk virgin! please help

Little Miss Joslyn

Reaction score
Hi
I have been ttc for nine months now and have only just decided to use opk :!: . My cycle is 28 days and im always spot on so calculated my ovulation today as usually 12 to 14 days after period, is that right? I did a boots test today and it showed two red lines so went for it. It said to try 24 - 36 hours :!: :? Does that mean to babydance from now til then or save it til tuesday? my mate at work wants me to work tomorrow but dont want to miss out on my ovulation time if you know what I mean! :doh:
Would be cool if i conceieve this month as it would be due on my birthday but just wanna be preggers! :(
Nic x

just babydance all month through then you're sure not to miss :dance:

hiya puff puff can i join yr club plzzzz..
im an OPK virgin aswell, i just started using mine this month, i shud ovulate day 14 aswell, so here goes..
the tests i got say the test line has to be the same colour or darker that the control line, mine a a lot lighter so im still waiting!
good luck i hope u get yr bfp

i'll keep u company lol!!

i like budge's idea BD all month lol :clap: :clap:

xx

thanks for starting this up i'm thinking of using them soon as well, it scares me to think i have to use them but its going that way cos i wanna be preggers too!! :pray:

be interested for everyones advice. :?

WOOHOO a new club!! :wink: :wink:

never thought id have to use them either rusks, i have 2 boys but that was 13 years ago.. god im getting old!!!

anyway any advice is always welcome, ive trawled soooo many sites and they all say the same, so here comes the waiting!!

how long have u been trying rusks, ive been ttc for about a year but not 'seriously' until the last few months..
good luck
x

Hi Budge and Sarah,
Thanks for your advice. have been doing it a lot this month Budge and my OH is moaning he is a bit sore! No pain no gain. As long as it doesnt fall off :lol: My test had one line darker than control box so does that mean I am ovulating or will do between 24 to 36 hours! It sooo confusing this ovulation business. Would you do another test tomorrow as I have four more in the pack! :?:
Good luck ttc x
Nic

Welcome rusks,
Its good that we are all in the same boat and hopefully move onto the next level -BFP. :)
Babydust to you all.x

hiya puff puff, yeah my tests say as long as the test line is the same colour or darker than the control line then you will ovulate within the next 24-26 hours....
this is wot mine say----
To determine your result you must compare the colour intensity of the test band to the control band. The control band is used to compare the test band against and also confirms that you have completed the test correctly.

Positive for L.H. surge

If two colour bands are visible and the test band is of equal or greater colour intensity (darker) than the control band, this is a positive result and a good indication that the L.H. surge is occurring. You should ovulate within the next 24-36 hours. Sexual intercourse on the evening of the first positive test is advised.

Negative for L.H. surge

If two bands are visible but the test band is of a less intense colour (paler) than the control band or cannot be seen, this means the L.H. level is at or near its normal level and that the surge is not in progress. You should continue with daily testing.

hope this helps, its helped me lol

xx

Hi girls!

I used OPK's this month got my BFP. What I did was BD every night for 4 days after I got my surge on the OPK. Didnt do it much after that so I reckon I did it just at the right time lol!!

I used OPK when I was TTC and personally I would highly recommend them.

My cycle was approx 31/32 days and I discovered that I didn't ovulate until about day 19/20.

When you get the positive result on your ov sticks, go for it! We tended to baby dance the night I got a positive result and the night after and they say the morning of the day after that is also a good time.

When you get to know you're cycle you'll know when your most fertile week is and you can just do it every other night during that week. Don't forget that sperm can live for a few days. So even if you only did it once during your fertile time you can still get pg.

TTC can take the romance of out babydancing so I wouldn't recommend going for it all month because it can get sore and it can become a chore.

At least using the OPK you are maximising your chances of conceiving by making sure you baby dance at your most fertile times.

I got pregnant the second month of using them.

Good luck with using them, they really are worth a try.

Congratlations hun, :dance: :clap:
I have just got my surge so will try tonight, tomorrow morning, evening and all day tuesday. I dont know weather to phone in sick tomorrow incase i miss my chance! Im feeling really cold and apparently thats a good sign before ovulation according to these chanters. Then after ovulation your temperature goes up!

Hi Bagpus,
Really nice to hear from you. HOw are you doing? I think you are right about over doing it, lol! Its good to know that sperm lives for a few days so dont think theres any need to take day off tomorrow now! Is there any tips before ovulation? I heard that men shouldnt have a hot bath, drink coke or wear tight pants! Is there anything I should or should nt do apart from laying with my legs in the air for half an hour! Dont even think about the handstand, lol! :lol:

I too used OPK to get my BFP. When I got my surge I did it that night and the next two mornings. The first month I used OPK I got my BFP so good luck to u all I would say that they are worth the money!!!

Definately Freya, totally agree with you there hun, best money I have ever spent lol!! xxx

Hi girls,

just chirping in here, I had no choice but to use OPKs as my cycle was mega mega long after I came off the pill, 58 days and managed to get to 40 days long when i got my BFP.
It must depend on the tests you get cuz mine said if you get any line, even a really really faint one its a positive.
The month I got my BFP I knew roughly when I would Ovulate so we BD'd a few days before I would get a positive, and as soon as I got a positive on the sticks in the morning the bding was on. If you get a positive in the morning and OH hasn't left for work do it then, if you wait until later you've missed about 10 hours already and according to the baby experts it's usually 2 days before the sperm gets to the egg, so time is precious :wink:
Also, raise your hips high, put a pillow under your hips and relax for a while to give the wee sperm extra help :D :lol:
This worked for me, so good luck all and baby dust*************

Take care
Bev x x

thanx bev... which tests did u use?
i bought sum off ebay and the 1st 2 i did had very faint positives lines, but the 1 i did today there was nothing there at all!!!

hmmmm i'll have to keep checking i think

xx

Really nice to hear everyone else is in the same boat. I have just started using this month and so far nothing is happening. I am meant to ovulate on tuesday so want to check my timings. Great post puff puff.

thanks for all the advice every1 glad this thread was started i'm going to get some been ttc for 3 months now i know its not long but im so confused! :?

got that taking charge of your fertility book and have been doing my basal temp although its difficult as i work shifts and its all scewiff!! also been looking at my CMsorry i know TMI but it all seems out as well, one day dry and then last night even though im only on day 10 thought i had bit of EW CM(sorry) so we did the BD but today its like sticky again!! Where am i! i was on the pill for three years and only came off in feb, i have a feeling that my body isn't back to normal and even though i been having AF i'm not sure if im not having anovulatory cycle so will be interested to see if my temp goes up in the next few days and then i'll see if im ovulating. My cycle is normally 35-36 days so it seems to soon to be having ew CM doesn't it?

Also BDing hasn't been great with my OH as i think we are putting too much pressure on ourselves to produce a baby. it down about the whole situation really, as i think im too desperate and want it too bad!

Did you all get the sticks on E bay and was it the ones from America/canada? Thanks for listening to me moan!

I started using OPKs this morning.

I started spotting days before I had a heavy bleed my ticker goes from the heavy bleed but I have a note of my spotting so just incase I'm seeing where I am. I did one last week though to see what they are like & I had a mild line on the result & today its much stronger so I think I was right to start now so hopefully O soon.

I told my OH half what BD means last night :lol: In jest we're usually like *wink wink, quicky* but now he's like common an we'll BD :lol: on telling him about the OPKs he wanted me to do one before we did anything *cough* - I'm actually surprised how he's taken to the idea. Told him I started this morning an he was ready to jump into bed :doh: Until I told him not quite yet :lol:

Thing is we will have a sexual relationship when I'm not ovulating I think this can be an issue for some couples who are trying too hard & maybe the idea of sex is appealing when you know your are ovulating. Relax & enjoy your sex life & your partner too :angel:

Mine were off Ebay from a company called 'thenewyou.net'. They were not strips but midstream tests, so cheap and easy to use. All you have to remember is BOTH lines have to be exactly the same DARKNESS, if you get a line but its fainter it does NOT mean its positive. I swear they helped me to conceive. Also I started testing earlier than I did do previous months and I got a positive much earlier on.

Good luck girls, trust me if I can do it you most definately can!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back