late ovulator

xxKateBxx

Reaction score
HI Ladies,

I've come to realise that I think I ovulate too late in my cycle - what do you think?:

1st cycle: 28 days, +opk CD18
2nd cycle: 31 days, +opk CD20
3rd cycle: 28 days +opk CD18

Does this mean that I have a luteal phase deficiency thing? :(

I am having a 21 day blood test done to check ovulation levels next week and am still bding regularly but am a little disheartened by my short luteal phase.

Any advice would be much appreciated :hug:

?I think im late this month or missed it..... eek! :?

A 9 day lp is cutting it fine (as you would ovulate a day at least after a +) but it isnt impossible to not get pregnant as it can take as little as 6 days to implant. I would get tested as they can do things to make it longer, and you can also do things yourself to help (worth a go at least) like taking vitamin b6.

Any luteal phase under 10 days is cause for concern because it means a progesterone deficiency. Taking agnus castus is supposed to help in that area. :hug:

thanks, I'm so fed up. :( It's CD18 and I'm still getting neg opks. I'm having 21 day bloods done this week, if I have a progesterone defiency will this show up do you think?

I spoke to the doctor briefly about this and she said that new research has shown that the luteal phase length is not essential in fertility and that it doesn't have to be the standard 10-14 days but I get the feeling I'm being fobbed off a bit :wall: xxxx

Well, she's right in one respect that it doesn't necessarily have to be a certain length, but the problem with her telling you that is that a short luteal phase in itself shows a high likelihood of a progesterone problem, and without enough progesterone, the blastocyst won't implant in the first place because the womb lining won't be fertile enough, or it will but there won't be enough progesterone to sustain the new embryo and you may have a chemical pregnant/miscarriage. Also, the implantation day can range anywhere from 5dpo to 12dpo, so if the blastocyst isn't ready to implant yet and af shows up, it just gets flushed out with your period.

A day 21 progesterone blood test will only work if you've already ovulated, I think, because that's when your progesterone level is relevant to your fertility. I really hope you get the news you want, sweetie! :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks Melissa, or should I say 'TTC fountain of knowledge' lol. It's all a bit tricky really. Just one more question - If I have ovulated (I *think* I ovulate, but just on CD19 or 20), will it show the progesterone levels and/or defiency? Or just that I have ovulated?

Am off to google luteal defiencies now :roll: xxxx

That I'm not entirely sure of, hon; I've never had that particular test done. If they're able to measure your progesterone levels in the first place, then it will be obvious that you've ovulated anyway, if that makes sense. FX that you ov tomorrow, then! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back