Omg!!!!!!

Thanks guys!

Scared mum-I know my OH prefers older children ie children that can do stuff and interact. He doesn't see that Seb is interacting with us in his own way and me and Seb have 'conversations' where I'll talk to him then he'll wriggle and move his mouth and make a bit of noise then go quiet again so I start talking again. It doesn't bother me too much that he's not as interested in the baby stage as it means I can be a bit selfish and not share Seb!

I totally agree with you! How the heck can they sit there and act normal with their gorgeous sons in their arms?! Lee said he was going to be more involved this time as Dominic was clingy to me when he was a baby and he wanted that bond I had with him with Drake..his words, your not taking this one off me lol But it's hard as he doesn't seem to be 'interested' I know he loves him so much and he does have beautiful moments with him that melts my heart but yeah he prefers them when their older! I guess being more pro active with them is what men do best!

Well OH was very restless last night which is not like him at all. We had all cuddled on the couch watching a DVD earlier and then cuddled in bed. This morning he woke up later than usual and had to rush getting DD ready for school. The plan had been he was to take Sebastian to school and then go to his parents straight after. I text OH asking him if he was going to do school run and then come back for Seb. He came upstairs and looked worried. He suggested that instead of going to his parents that he stay downstairs with Seb and I can stay in bed. I was hesitant at first as I know if Seb is crying I'll find it almost impossible to stay upstairs. OH then said he didn't want to take Sebastian to his parents as he was too scared and not confident enough with him. So now they're downstairs! He looked like he wanted to cry! Bless him!

well he shouldnt go anywhere if not confident, so good on him to be honest about it.

Demba is a very proud daddy but we are both still learning how to do things and to read Noa, i would def say im better with Noa but demba thinks he knows it all :doh: He has just starting to recognise Noas "im doing a poo" -face, its so funny haha Demba now always go "hes doing a poo isnt he?? come on boy you can do it, come on!!" its so funny!
I went back in to the bedroom earlier and they where both tucked up under duvet and i have to stop myself to go n check them cuz its his baby aswell and i have to start trusting him, if i dont trust him, he wont trust himself with Noa.

I really appreciate his honesty and reassured him it's alright to feel like that. He just prefers older children and he's still scared of breaking him or doing something wrong and hurting him! I understand x

I think my problem is I don't fully trust anyone that isn't me! Even hv! See if that was OH and Seb in bed I'd have to wake OH up and tell him to swap the duvet for a sheet and then I'd not be able to stop checking! Lol! Naughty mummy!

I think the only way they can eva bond is to be left alone with them I dont get any help at all from family so o/h is the only one I have to from them being tiny if I have needed to go to the hair dresses etc he would have to have them or I couldnt go and he has been really close to all of them. Before I fell pregnant I went on a night away with the girl I couldnt beleave out of 10 of us I was the only one that had left the kids with my o/h all the others had left theres with there mums cos didnt trust there o/h with them but did there mums I couldnt understand as I trust him so much and feel at ease when he has them but I think it only cos he has done it since day one. I dont take more of a bigger role day to day but when Im out its all down to him and sometime to piss me off I come into tea done pots washed and washing out think he trys to make it look easy lol

I would leave DD with him easily but I wouldn't leave Seb with anyone right now! When he's older, like 6-12 months then I would completely but right now, no way! He's really bonded with DD which is why I'm not concerned about him not bonding with Seb. Typical though, Seb slept from 9.30-1.30, all the time OH had him! He usually has awake time from 10.00-12.00/1.00 but not today!!!!! Doh!

I have ha to stand back so many times with the older children as oh wasn't really around when they were smaller, so when he tells them off now i really do have to bite my tounge cos as some of you have said they don't learn unless they do it and will not grow in cofindence. My oh improves everyday with lo and offers to go and get her and smiles at her and she loves him deary even though hes not the sit and cuddle type x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back