I don't know what to do

sounds dreadful. why do inlaws have to be so awful :hug:

They seem to open their mouths before thinking!but if you need to rant you can always pm me or add me on fb!xx

we asked in law to baby sit as it was icey outside an i was worried incase lil man got another cold so we asked her to baby sit at our house. We strapped lil man in his pushchair an wen i come back the straps had been done undone when i left him to go sleep in there as he was tired an the exuse was that grandad wanted to hold him he wasnt even there when i get there so i know she picked him up for a cuddle i dont mind but after a sleep maybe.
Also when they come round the other day she sat there biting lil mans nails because i sed i couldnt clip them i was so angry i didnt even want them doing grrrrrrrrr.
I cant leave him alone for 5 mins on there own cos straight away shes ording me. Its like if im finishing his bottle an they turn up im winding them an out the blue she goes do u wana come to grandma (Im tryin to do sumet here) grrr. dont go on about inlaws although my mum is just as bad at things like that i wont go on cos i cant be bothered inlaw bothers me the most at the minute lol x

she's lucky you didn't give her hell. my mil has a habbit of saying snyde things out of ear shot of dh, funnily enough, that is often about ironing or my general lack of ability to do anything as good as her! nothing like that tho. she sounds a right old hag!!

I think it just grandparents around here helen lol
and if she like this from day one believe me it wont get any better.
My o/h parents booked a holiday when I told them the due date on monty the FIRST grandchild
they came home on a friday he was 2 weeks old and visited us on the tuesday left it 4 days after getting home to come and see him and they live 5 mins down the road.
they have never looked after him or anything and only wanted us to visit them every few weeks.
This went on till dolly was born I bit my tough.
then dolly was born we had keeped the pram at there house so asked them to bring it over the stood at the back door and never came in my cousin had hold of her and shouted dont you want a look an he dad said
' no its just another frigging brat'
well I have never spoken to them again and dolly is 2 and a half
they have never sent monty a birthday or xmas card since and he knew them bless him he was nearly 4.
They walk past us in the street and dont talk to us are the kid.
they know we have had herbie as o/h talks to his nana who is lovely.
and guess what they said about that my o/h wants to put his foot down and stop me having more kid and they couldnt believe his name said what was SHE thinking I should be told, asif my o/h has nothing to do with anything he told his nana they can think what they like I picked herbie no her and why would it matter to them what he's called.
the way I see it its there loss just feel sorry for o/h when we got dolly christened he didnt have any family there his sister took there side and his nan is too old to get there.

hope things dont end up for you like they did for us but I think if we talked to them any longer it would of split me and o/h up in the end

Thanks guys x yeah lanny, OH's parents have never had his or his sisters children to stay, their view is 'your kids, your problem' which is fair enough but I come from a family that are very much 'we'll have the kids so you can have a rest' kind of family x I think it's getting to the same point you're at tbh! We live in one part of Hemo and they live literally down the road (i walk past their house on the way to DD's school) and I don't want to see them! I can't believe your in laws have said that though!!! We're planning on getting married this year and I'm even contemplating not inviting them!

Thanks tink, I don't have fb but I'll prob pm you! Lol x

I'm still fuming and OH got really ranted at earlier! I should forgive but I'm not sure I can!

Scared mum-Oh's mum actually woke Seb up when he was 3 weeks old so she could 'have a proper look at him' I was so angry! You just do not wake a sleeping baby ffs!!!

Oh Helen, I've no idea how I missed this! My OH's folks seem so much nicer and yet I still moan about them. I'd definately make all efforts to stear clear. If they want to see Seb they'll have to work damn hard. Advice is one thing but that's just spiteful and nasty. Glad your OH is supportive though!! :hug:

Thanks hon x OH text me today saying she'll have to jump through some hoops before she sees Seb again (though I did call her a class A bitch to him today!) so I'm glad I have his back up support! x x

Helen what a crap situation! I say keep your distance as much as you can, if you go to visit keep them as short as possible. You set your own boundaries hun. Its your children not hers! I dunno what people get out of belittling others and critisising all the time. My mum is the same so I'm already on my guard for when baby arrives. Its taken me a long time to let most of the things she says wash over me, but sometimes I get so pissed off. Last night her and my step dad came round to see the new house, she hasn't seen me since the end of oct, she was like, Oh look at you getting big, you've got a while to go yet, you'll be like the size of a house. Its not so much what she says but the critical way she says it, although she's always told me I'm fat since I was a kid! And then it was oh are you not going to iron those curtains, your heating is on too full I think you should turn it down, did you actually clean that bit......My step dad did say to her that it was my house and basically to leave me alone. I'm used to it, doesn't affest meas much but I do get pissed off. So I have my own boundaries with her, I don't visit often, I don't stay over night anymore, keep visits short.

big :hugs:

Thanks hon x she's just an absolute nightmare and has severly pissed me off x I really wish I'd said something now x

urgh bloody inlaws!!!!!
Im currently avoiding the mil myself as she is dirivng me potty

Id suggest you keep your distance, get your oh to have a word with her about it, and try to put the whole thing out of your mind.

Thanks x we've not seen them since x

We currently have no plans to see them!

She is! It's really pissed me off as well because she complains that OH's ex doesn't let her see his son and then is a total bitch to the point that I do the same thing just to save my sanity!

We currently have no plans to see them!

i like this plan :dance:

however Id like to see everyone else that lives there so will just tactifully ignore her (hubbys brother and mrs and kids all live with them and I dont want to miss seeing them ........ we were going to have them to ours but the house is in chaos being sorted out after the fire)

You had a fire?! Hope all are ok!

Thankfully the pil are miserable *******s at Christmas-they drop presents off then bugger off home alone!

We're supposed to be going to see my family but if the snow continues it's just not going to happen x

I suggested she put him down on the floor as he was crying on her knee and whilst she was sorting the camera out I got down and started singing to him and she was at it 'couldn't bloody resist could she, no wonder the ironing doesn't get done' (she came round the other day-no warning, no call or text, and I'd piled all the ironing up in prep of doing it that evening so that's what she was referring to)

HAHA God Id get on well with her...I do NO ironing at all lol

She is rude...Id stay away hun xxx

You have every right to be mad, she has no right to treat you with such little repsect, in her house OR yours, maybe you should tell her how you feel and see if things improve, in my opinion i would tell her if she doesnt start letting YOU be the mother and stop interfering its going to cause alot more problems
xx *hugs* goodluck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back