I don't know what to do

MrsR

Reaction score
Things had been going so well. Now I'm absolutely ripping! I'm so pissed off it's untrue! We went round to parents in law so they could see Seb as we didn't go on Sunday when we usually do. Anyway, mil starts immediatly, going on about the slings (we wear Seb rather than struggle with the pram and OH had him today), how it's shit that we don't give him warm bottles (we give them at room temp) because it never did her kids any harm to warm up the bottles and how all this 'new' parenting is crap, he coughed whilst I was giving him the bottle and she went on about how I was 'choking' him, I suggested she put him down on the floor as he was crying on her knee and whilst she was sorting the camera out I got down and started singing to him and she was at it 'couldn't bloody resist could she, no wonder the ironing doesn't get done' (she came round the other day-no warning, no call or text, and I'd piled all the ironing up in prep of doing it that evening so that's what she was referring to) and to top it all off she called MY SON my OH's other sons name! They both also belittled my daughters faith in God. I'm so fucking annoyed right now! I'm so tempted to never ever go back! To cut all contact. I've already told OH they won't be godparents and on not sure they'll even be invited to the christening and also if his fycking mother can't keep her mouth shut or at least call him tge correct name then she has no rights seeing him! I can't wait until Seb is old enough for me not to have to go round. OH has just brought me a beer and thankfully agrees with me but I just don't know what to do! Sorry for the rant I just need to offload!

You poor thing I would be angry too - what a very rude woman (to put it politely!). She sounds awful, I would steer clear for as long as possible and keep visits to an absolute minimum. She's bound to complain but sod her!! x

Thanks x yeah I think you're right, just need to give her a wide berth for a while!

OMG, thats sounds like a god awful visit! I'd be angry too.
:hug:

Thanks hon x need lots of hugs at the moment x managed to hold it together until we were home then I exploded! x

:hugs: sounds like a terrible visit! Giving her a bit of a wide berth sounds like a good plan. What does your OH think? Is he annoyed too?

Yeah he's annoyed too and is very sympathetic. She's very lucky I didn't explode there and then tbh! I have a bit of a gob when I'm pissed off and think I'm in the right! x he said for ne not to let her upset me but it's too late for that! Grrrrrrr! I'm on here using distraction to refrain from phoning her up or texting her!

:shock: Cheeky cow! Can't believe she said all that! Who the heck does she think she is?! Did your OH say anything to her at all? You did very well not to blow up!

Probably best not to get in touch with her when you're so pissed off - that probably wouldn't end well. At least your OH is sympathetic, would be worse if he was oblivious to it as you would end up being pissed off at both of them. Perhaps it should be him who needs to talk to her?

He didn't hear her-he was sorting DD out when she called Seb THAT name and was chatting with his dad for the others (typical bloke can only do one thing at once!) but maybe I should ask him to say something, even if it's just something along the lines of 'we appreciate you've had two children but now it's our turn to parent our children our way and your comments are not only unnecessary but also hurtful'? Oh I don't know. I'm still really angry and hurt.

Ugh! You poor thing, I would be saying a few things back if that were me and definitely wouldnt be visiting xx

Thanks hon x the really pissy thing is that she practically begged us to keep her involved and then she acts like this! Oh! I'm just so angry! I actually feel Physically sick!

I would just avoid her for a long while :X

About calling Seb the other name.......maybe just maybe that was an honest mistake? She sounds absolutely horrible all together, but I know that my poor grandparents and even my own sister tend to go through a few names before they call me by the right one!

God I feel for you. I can imagine exactly what you felt like saying! I would not have done so well to bite my tongue, I would have been well rude back! Lol! I hate that other people have this strange thing of they've been parents so know it all, even though your doing a perfectly ok job your way. Bloody hell, if he doesn't want a warm bottle, he won't have one! As long as he's eating! Lol. Stupid people. X

I'd have kicked off I think. Well done for staying so calm and collected in front of the witch! X

Thanks guys! I could put it down to a mistake but she looked so smug afterwards as though she'd meant it. I asked my Rev for advice (especially about them belittling DD's faith (ours I can handle)) and he's really helped me and given me some really good advice x I'm so glad I can come here and rant though x you ladies are the best!

its annoying isnt it at the end of the day she brought up a child in a different decade alot has changed since god its changed from me having my 1st 10 years ago xxx

hugs hun!! i feel the same when OH's dad asked my mum what she thought of me and OH having a baby and then announce he was too young to be a grandad!! ANd then couldnt cancel his plans to come see H the day he was born ( H is his first grandchild) arrrrggghh he gets me so mad!!!

Thanks hon x can't believe your fil would do that! Then again I'm still reeling from mil doing this!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back