eeek boyf!

trixipaws

Reaction score
we were all 3 sat downstairs watching showbiz mates and millies dummy fell down the back of the couch, where she was sat with my boyf eating coco pops while im on the other couch on my laptop. my boyf got it for her and i told him to suck it first in case it was dusty or had a cat fur on it. he said "ur not supposed to do that" then promptly dipped it in his coco pops milk! :shock: i nearly died gosh i told him off! if theres anything ur not supposed to do its that! boyfs can be soooo uninformed sometimes!

Men :roll: :lol:

They never learn.. the amount of times i have seen people rub the dummy down there clothes instead of puttin it in there mouths :|

My DH id also funny about this! If Olivia drops her dummy on the floor and he is not near a sink to wash it he will give it to me to suck :wall: :rotfl:

ERRRRR!!! I've never sucked Isaac's dummy. I don't want to eat cat hair or fluff anymore than I want him to eat it!!! :rotfl:

Your boyfriend would have had cat fur floating in his coco pops :rotfl:

My SIL came home once and found her husband feeding their baby a digestive biscuit. The baby was only a few weeks old.

Didn't do any harm though! :lol:

Lou :rotfl:

you aren't supposed to suck them! (or dip them in cocopops for that matter!! - lol)

SarahH said:
you aren't supposed to suck them! (or dip them in cocopops for that matter!! - lol)

No you shouldn't suck them either!!! you will be passing germs to your little one which could give him/her a nasty gastro bug!

Hypnorm said:
SarahH said:

No you shouldn't suck them either!!! you will be passing germs to your little one which could give him/her a nasty gastro bug!

I said that,

Hypnorm said:
SarahH said:

yeah and this is why kids today are so poorly all the time cause there never exposed to any germs at all. I dont understand what it is with this whole wrapping them up in cotton wool thing - its makes them worse!

I've always sucked Keeley dummy when its dropped on the floor and she's hardly ever(touch wood) ill. she has properly only been really poorly once and she's nearly 14 months old. :)

jennywren said:
Hypnorm said:
SarahH said:

yeah and this is why kids today are so poorly all the time cause there never exposed to any germs at all. I dont understand what it is with this whole wrapping them up in cotton wool thing - its makes them worse!

I dont wrap Arianna in cotton wool... far from it.... but there are more germs in your mouth than there is on a toilet seat!

Would you suck a sweetie after someone else has had a suck on it?!?!

SarahH said:
jennywren said:
Hypnorm said:
SarahH said:

I dont wrap Arianna in cotton wool... far from it.... but there are more germs in your mouth than there is on a toilet seat!

I would suck a sweet if someone else had sucked on it yeah, depending on who it was, not a complete stranger but family/partners etc yeah. I saw a programme about there being more germs in your mouth but it said when you kiss your child you are passing on the germs anyway, or when you blow on your childs food etc so there getting the germs anyway.

i have always sucked hannahs dummy and dipped it in my coffee or whatever drink i have at the time, i did same with kie and he seems to have survived

I've seen people pick up dummies that they have dropped in the middle of the high street suck it and shove it back in their baby's mouths..
Yes i agree that babies should be exposed to germs but within reason!
for all you know a dog or human could have done something there!

I stopped sterilizing Ewans baby stuff when he was 6 months old i couldnt see the point.

jennywren said:
SarahH said:
jennywren said:
Hypnorm said:
SarahH said:

I would suck a sweet if someone else had sucked on it yeah, depending on who it was, not a complete stranger but family/partners etc yeah. I saw a programme about there being more germs in your mouth but it said when you kiss your child you are passing on the germs anyway, or when you blow on your childs food etc so there getting the germs anyway.

I just wouldnt do that...

Agree to disagree I guess on this one! :D

i dont give hope her bottle once its been on the floor, dont feel comfy doing it and i dont fancy having bits of floor in my mouth either for that matter. Then again im sure my mum did it and im sort of naromal :fib:

Oh no I dont suck on her dummy, I wash it - just because I dont want bits of whatever in my mouth - if it has just dropped on my lap or something i will suck it then put it in her mouth.

You cant say to someone not too do - we all do things with our kids differently.

So agree to disagree.

I think its important to be careful and sterilise everything when they are really young but after a while it becomes less important, I mean the cave people didnt have sterilisers and they survived (plus animals dont bother either lol). There are more bacteria on the human body than there are cells that make you up!!

I think each to their own on this one.

I personnally do suck Libby's dummy & give it back to her....obviously not if its been dropped in the high street.....or anywhere outside the house for that matter. If she's just droped it on the bedroom carpet though, I just give it a mummy sanitise and give it back, but then I don't have any pets (when i was at my moms on Sunday and she dropped it, we washed it cos they have a dog, and I don't fancy dog hair & drool on my tongue :lol: )
I only started 'mummy sanitising' when she was about 4 months old.

Bless your boyf dipping it in his coco pops though Trix :lol: worse for him than her though I would say.....not that you really want her getting a taste for choc flavours just yet :wink:

nah, she will be a typical woman/girl in no time, gotta love the chocolate :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back