OMG is ANYONE sleeping as badly as me???

amandapanda

Reaction score
Lack of sleep is driving me absolutely mental!!

I am on week 3 now of basically sleeping around 2 or 3 hours a night. I wish I could even get those 2 or 3 hours in one block but nooooooo I wake up every hour and then it takes me another hour to get back to sleep - so I toss and turn all night and never get any quality deep sleep!

I think the main problem is restless legs, I just can't relax them at all, but also I just seem to have hormones coursing through my body all the time so I'm really awake and alert! Of course I am also a beached whale and tossing and turning is not easy, and am going to toilet about 3 or 4 times a night - although this is not what is waking me up, I think I might aswell just go seeing as I'm already awake!

And as if that wasn't all bad enough.....before I was pregnant I got diagnosed with mild sleep apnoea - where you stop breathing in your sleep and wake up several times a night to start breathing again. I lost weight before I was pregnant and haven't really been troubled by it, but due to the pregnancy weight gain it's back! The other night I kept waking up choking and gasping for breath, it was horrible!!

Am taking naps whenever I can, but again, never for more than an hour cause that is all I seem to able to have! Am so exhausted all the time and have noticed big bags appearing under my eyes.....I actually am beginning to think I'll get MORE sleep when baby is here!!! xxxx

I'm not as bad as you Hun but every other night I don't sleep a wink! And I've just agreed to work another 5 weeks - oh woah is me!!!! Hope it improves for you xxx

Well the one small blessing is I am signed off sick from work (with my pesky placenta) until my maternity starts....God knows how I'd be coping if I was having to work full time aswell, I'm a wreck anyway!! xx

I am very similar but for different reasons. I can never sleep for more than 2 hours at a time but usually it's 40 mins to an hours. I get aches in my legs and hips, need the loo, bad back and so on. I'm coping a lot better since I went on maternity leave but it killed me' when I was at work. One day I had only 2 hours sleep (which I got in 4, 30 minute slots) then went to work and did a 14 hour day! I'm sure I sounded drunk when I talking in front of my classes!
I hope it gets better for you but I have to say I'm now 41 weeks and 1 day and it's never got any better.

I really feel for you ladies who can't get proper sleep - small mercy that you're off work Amanda otherwise you'd be ill! I'm sleeping ok usually, lighter than usual and getting up for loo etc but counting my blessings really. I did go through a patch about a fortnight ago where my back was waking me up and I had to get out of bed, but luckily it's been ok since then. Just make sure you get as much rest as you can whenever you can, even if it's not at night :hugs:

Oh and Stumpy, I used to teach and found it horrific and too hard even when not pregnant and fully rested, so total RESPECT for you!

Awww hun. I feel it for you :-(

Since I bought my memory foam mattress I sleep like a baby! One that gets up to wee 8 times a night but a baby nevertheless!

I have had the odd night of restlessness though and it's horrible. Try a warm bath before bed and lavender drops on your pillow. Read or watch something boring until you fall asleep! Xx

:hugs:I've had a few restless nights but nothing to compared to you. Hope you get some sleep soon hun

x

Aw i feel for you hun!

Ive started having a bath every night before bed - midwife said it should relax my muscles and make my back less painful. I bought some Sanctury 'mum to be' bath products from boots too and theyre lovely - they make me sleepy and my skin really soft, maybe they would help? x

Your not alone there. ellie has restless legs everynight. she get really annoyed with it and i get the brunt of it. she is also waking up umpteen times to go toilet during the night and what makes all this worse is i have sleep apnoea and somehow ellie just seems to know even in her sleep when im not breathing so she wakes up and punches me to start breathing again, so thats making her wake up all the time aswell.
U aint finished work neither??? ellie dont finish until saturday, then i got her all to myself for 9 months. well.........with lil alfie aswell of course.

Hope all is well. not too long to go anyways. all be over soon. x

oh no sleep is horrible i always think its the body's way of preparing you for when little one arrives but even so let me sleep before little one arrives please lol. I cant get to sleep to at least 1am if not later then up for wee in night, the takes ages to get back off, plus I am up with my little one at the moment and my eldest, eldest got sicky bug and little one got croup plus sometimes he wakes in the night anyway he is 14 months old.
I didnlt realise there was a name for that breathing thing I have woken up loads not breathing over the past few years then have a choking fit when i finally manage to catch my breath, I just thought i was a strange.

oh no sleep is horrible i always think its the body's way of preparing you for when little one arrives but even so let me sleep before little one arrives please lol. I cant get to sleep to at least 1am if not later then up for wee in night, the takes ages to get back off, plus I am up with my little one at the moment and my eldest, eldest got sicky bug and little one got croup plus sometimes he wakes in the night anyway he is 14 months old.
I didnlt realise there was a name for that breathing thing I have woken up loads not breathing over the past few years then have a choking fit when i finally manage to catch my breath, I just thought i was a strange.

Yeah stopping breathing and waking up choking is called sleep apnoea - I just have it mildly, some people need breathing machines at night to keep their airways open! Your GP can refer you for tests to see if you do have it.

My problem isn't really getting off to sleep, it's this waking every hour or half hour! This morning I managed to sleep for about 2 hours deep proper sleep and that felt lovely - the best sleep I've had in weeks and that was only 2 hours, lol. I might try baths to see if it eases the restless legs which seems to be the main problem - hubby massaged them last night which felt great but as soon as he stopped the restlessless just comes back :wall2: xxx

i know this may sound daft but what is restless legs, do you just want to move your legs all the time? i have heard of it loads but no idea what it is

i know this may sound daft but what is restless legs, do you just want to move your legs all the time? i have heard of it loads but no idea what it is

Basicly yes. ITS REALLY ANNOYING!!! GGGGRRRR

Basically there is a rule that if you are lying trying to get to sleep for 20 mins, your not going to sleep for an hour, so best to get up and occupy yourself for an hour before trying to get to sleep again, as for wrestless legs try a birthing ball! mines helps loads especially when i can't sleep, I sit on my birthing ball for an hour after 20 mins of trying to get to sleep and failing, and after that i'm tired from staring at the telly and my legs are tired so I crawl into bed and fall asleep quickly, wake up and pee after a bit but tend to get back to sleep ok x

well just think when your baby is here you will get less sleep and at mad times when they sleeping....

cant GP help u at all? i suffered with terrible insomnia in a previous pregnancy and was prescribed sleeping pills (believe i was in the 3rd tri at the time, i was at a stage anyway where it was safe to take them) they didnt magically work the first few times as I had hoped, but they definitely done the job in the end.

Basicly yes. ITS REALLY ANNOYING!!! GGGGRRRR

some1 told me once its low iron? dont know how much truth there is in that?!

hhhhmmmm.......i dont know, will have to find out if thats true. im sure my mrs would be happy to solve this. she cant stand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back