sleeping pattern

flossey

Reaction score
i am actually at the end of my wits now with this sleeping pattern of mine! every night this week i've fallen asleep around 12/1am and awake again for 2 or 3 am and by the time i get back to sleep its well after 5.. i know that i am tired but i just can't sleep. so frustrating :( anyone had this? any known remedies before i go insane?? :wall2:i neeeeed my beauty sleep :( :nap:xx

Oh flossey, I am exactly the same... Am awake mst nights at this time and just cannot get back to sleep. Do you know what it is that wakes yu up? Usually for me it's bad hip pain, I have to get up cos lying in bed is too painful.
I'm afraid I have no suggestions of what might help to get a better sleep pattern, but if you find something that helps, please let me know! Good luck. Xx

This happened to me :(
Then lil one was born and I have been woken up left right n centre so I never caught up on my sleep. In my opinion it's our bodies preparing for all these long nights with lil ones! X

Snap ladies!! Lying here wide awake again. It's driving me insane xx

Nic, nothing in particular keeps me awake, it's just not being able to sleep really! i get uncomfortable lying on my side so i'll switch to the other side until it gets uncomfortable, then onto my back etc. but no pain worth keeping me awake. 10 past 5 and i am still awake and up in 3 hours, oh the joys! :( no one had need approach me tomorrow, i will be like a spitting demon! lol xxx

i have the same problem, if it gets too long between sleep times i just get up, have a cuppa and then try again later when i get tired again tho im on mat leave now so i can afford to do that.

I'm exactly the same and it's driving me potty!!!

Yup - another one here. Over the last week i have been really strict with my bedtime routine and that seems to be helping, although i'm still having the odd crap night. Firstly I try to eat dinner as early on as possible, if i eat after 7pm i have a bad night with heartburn and generally uncomfortable. Then I take the dog a walk around the block in the hope that a bit of walking helps with the restless leg sydrome!! I have a radox muscle soak bath at 8:30, then it's jammies, hot milk, 2 gaviscon and a book in my bed. Sooo boring but it really is helping. I also make sure that i don't have a lie in and although the books advise to try and get in an afternoon nap i try to avoid it as i'd rather have a full nights sleep. I'm self employed and unfortunately can't afford to take my maternity leave until 38 weeks so a good nights sleep is really important to me. The last few nights I've dropped off around 10:30 and slept all the way through until 7am so fingers crossed its working!

Me too! Sleep is a rare thing these days... hip pain, thoughts racing through my brain, OH snoring, toilet trips you name it. I have tried listening to Natal Hyponbirthing CD and more times that not that helps me sleep - might be worth a try...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back