GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
I am sooo pissed off

I stayed up ALL night last night because i usually cant crash until about 5ish and i went to get mum from the airport. Went to sleep around 9am finally and woke up at 12am, because 3 hours sleep is LOADS apparently :roll::wall2:

All day i have been drifting in and out of sleep but desperately trying to stay awake because Mum is here and i want to spend time with her, not be bloody sleeping all the bloody time whilst shes awake and vice versa.

So i came up to bed around 10ish, me and Liam had the sex and that was nice, managed to finally drop off around 11ish only to be woken by the constant bloody stream of people and cars going past our main-road window at this time of night on a Saturday.

Now i am awake, uncomfortable, unable to GET at all comfortable, unable to sleep and i know i am going to stay here like a pleb until the sun rises in the morning when i MIGHT JUST grab 3 hours sleep

Then i will have to get up again because i dont want to spend the whole time sleeping while my mum is here

my room is boiling hot but i have made Liam close the windows because of the traffic noise, Liam is back in the bed so its EXTRA hot and i just want to crawl into a hole and stay there until this bloody child comes out and gives me my body back and i can get some sleep

am well pissed off. Really REALLY frustrated.

:hug:: don't feel bad about sleeping in the day if you need to hun, your mum will understand!

Aw big big hugs darling x x I know how you feel with the heat x I'm sure your mum will understand that you need to sleep honey and when jasper arrives you'll need to sleep when he's sleeping too so don't feel bad you're just getting in practice x lol x

It wont last forever, frustrating I know but I can relate to you loads! Rosie is teething atm and for the last week has been waking at 2am ish every night, because Steve is working I get up with her and settle her. Last night she wouldnt settle except for in my arms so I wouldnt have it, I had to leave her to cry - she went MENTAL! Rosie had a full on tantrum at 1.30am it was awful. Then when I finally got back to sleep because of the heat I was woken by some complete **** at 6am picking someone up in our road BEEPING their horn, I wanted a grenade launcher at that point..

Don't feel bad at catching some zzz's you will have a nicer time if you are not zonked out from lack of sleep. I have a feeling Im not going to sleep a full night now for at least 6-8 months..:cry:

:hug: nothing worse than lack of sleep :hug: Im sure your mum will understand hun if you need to catch some zzzz in the day. Just think how well practised you'll be to do night feeds when LO arrives :)

last night was horrid... I feel for you... at this point in time I don't think I would mind Pip arriving early (although trying to settle a baby in this heat couls be a lot worse than just trying to setle me!!) :)

I had a blood big cry after writing that, bless Liam he was beside himself he didnt know what to do/think/say

mum came upstairs with a wet towel and threw it at me (which was amazing it was like an instant cooling device) and we went downstairs and watched The Waitress (which is a cool film) i went back up to bed around 4.30am and i reckon got to sleep pretty much straight away (Liam had made himself a nest on the floor by this point) i woke up around 9am so i have had my regimented 4 hours!

Am feeling much much better now, there is a footie match on later so i will probably drop off during that and snatch another couple of hours here and there. It was horrid though, i was thinking of taking the mattress outside and sleeping in the garden!

Of course this morning on Facebook i have woken up to lots of 'helpful' people informing me that i will get less sleep when the baby is here - why people feel like thats relevant is a bit beyond me. I have not been gentle in my reply ;)

I know its going to be hard with a newborn and more so with a 4month old going through a growth spurt, or a teething nearly-toddler as Rosies Mum is finding (you are superwoman for dealing with both at the same time lady) but that doesnt stop me feeling emotion now and i just wish people could be more kind about that like you guys are rather than pointing out that 'things will only get worse' its a horrid thing to say.

Thanks for your replies guys xxx

Meant to say that when I lived in Perth and we had 27 degree nights I used to sleep with a wet towell on my body with the air con on - then I was just about comfortable. I was in my first trimester when it was stinking hot - 45 degree days and it almost sent me round the bend. I still put a wet flannel on me at the moment in this heat and it does help :hug:

Yep people love saying that, youre actually not allowed to comment on how tired you feel when youre pregnant without people laughing at you whilst telling you how awful its going to be. People are so mean to pregnant women. They also like to tell you how AWFUL giving birth is going to be and ask in awe why youre not scared :wall: no other life situation are people this mean!!!

had a classic one last week on a different forum with a woman telling me all about her horrid birthing experience and how she had half a retained placenta etc etc

i am quite positive about giving birth and for some reason thats the worst thing in the world - well they can all sod off frankly!

My sleeping pattern has gone RIGHT out of the window! I sometimes stay up a few hours after OH goes to bed these days but always get up about lunchtime! lol! If I get up earlier I find I need a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon to get through the day x

I don't know why people say that - babies do get up in the night but at least when they go to sleep you can sleep as long as they can without rearranging pillows - flippin on/off covers and getting up every two mins for a wee! The body is pretty impressive at making us all noctunrnal though!

DH used to come out with comments like that... until I told him that at least then I will feel like I am getting broken sleep for a reason... now I need all the sleep I can get :doh:

yeah definately, it will be totally different losing sleep to look after our babies :yay: just not sleeping for no good reason is downright depressing!

I know what you mean Big BUmp, being positive about childbirth is like an insult to people, either that or they just laugh and think youre being naive. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back