ok two questions about cakes and gammon

1529boutique

Reaction score
Firstly iv offered to cook a gammon joint for.Xmas day to.go.with our turkey but I want it to be the best ever gammon any ones ever had so whats the best way to.do it all.tips welcome.

Secondly I'm guna make my mum a birthday cake I want to make her like a tower of cup cakes if u know what I mean how can.I get the cup cakes to.stay in a tower also hoe.long will they keeep

Thanks guys

boil gammon in coke :D amazing and it wont taste of coke :D xx

Yrs this is what iv heard what does it taste like and for how long do I need to boil it for I'm making it Xmas eve to take to the in laws but I'm.guna do it in the morning so if anything goes wrong I can go to the super market lol

erm well i do it in slow cooker for bout 1hr30mins then when its cold i carve it perfectly and heat it in oven in tiny bit of water... it just tastes like gammon but it draws out a lot of the salt and makes it easy to cook hard to fail lol!

i had an amazing recipe for a cake but havent a clue where it is?! ill hoke and if i find ill post... sometimes best place to look is online!? u cud do a practice run tomorro??? xx

Well with the whole cake thing I'm good at making cup cakes but wanted to make them in a tower andc I looked it up n it just seems the only way to tower them is using a stand so that's what I'm.going to do is get a three tiered stand and put all cup cakes and then a cake on top hoe long will it stay fresh for coz I'm tempted making the cake Thursday rather than Xmas eve

hun thinkn theyd b fine its only 24 hours earlier or try make them thurday evening?? xx

Yeh that's what I thought I think I'm going to seal it in sum tuperware boxes to keep them fresh when u buy from a shop it stays fresh for a few days so it shouldn't be a problem thanks xx

How did your cakes go?

BTW for future reference they should last about 48 hours if you keep them in the fridge :)

Well I bought the cake n boiled the gammon lol I just Had no energy n no time lol so I cheated lol

Sorry its a bit late Boutique but just to let you know you can make sponge in advance and either keep then airtight for up to 7 days (NOT IN TH FRIDGE THO) as the cold makes the chemical reaction in the ingredients speed up and they go stale faster! Or you can freeze them and coz they are small they defrost in an hour or so. I always bake in bulk, freeze what I dont need at the time and take what I need out the night before or if last min order a couple of hours before for cupcakes and muffins and by the time I decorate them they have derfosted perfectly and still have that freshly baked yumminess to them.....Hope that helps for next time xx

Your welcome ..... saves a bit of madness if you need some last min lol! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back