October Mummies!

I was just about to do my first round of IVF when I found out I was pregnant as I have PCOS so was pleasantly surprised :D Tho, I have quite bad anxiety n mc is literally on my mind most of the time even tho it’s never happened to me n this is my 1st pregnancy :( I’m just finding it hard to switch off! I also haven’t had many symptoms other than mild back pain n some cramping. It’s comforting having this group tho :D

Welcome and congratulations! Yes as the others said try not to worry - I was diagnosed with PCOS and had a healthy little boy. It disappeared after my first pregnancy and I was able to conceive my second naturally (still sounds weird saying that!).

Nausea has arrived this morning. Thankfully not too bad at the moment, just feel a bit unsettled but also secretly glad as it makes me feel more pregnant

My nausea is horrendous. I've thrown up already. Really struggling to do anything and I'm not even 6 weeks yet. :(

Congrats Christiney88!

I got my booking in appointment yesterday for the 26th. After that the midwife will contact the hosp for my 12 week scan.

Is anyone considering a home birth? My husband is dead against it. He’s worried about making a mess! :rotfl:

Hi everyone. Can you please add me for the 1st Oct....This will be my 2nd baby...my son is now 5.

Having got my BFP early at just over 3 weeks pregnant it’s been a rough ride so far. Had horrible cramps/stabbing pains and a fainting incident at 5 weeks, I ended up at the EPU for an early scan to rule out ectopic. Luckily the little bean is nice and snuggled in the right place and we were discharged and now just waiting for midwife at 8 weeks and then 12 week scan.

I’m very nervous as it was too early to see a heartbeat but we saw the sac and yolk and the sonographer said it was measuring at the right size to coincide with my dates so I was happy and too not worry.

All the same symptoms as my first, sore boobs, nausea and sickness (especially in the afternoon) I have to just constantly eat!! An empty stomach makes it so much worse.

Really happy to be here. My first pregnancy was tough and I got post natal depression which lasted a good couple of years so I’m very nervous and scared so will enjoy chatting with you all xx

My nausea is horrendous. I've thrown up already. Really struggling to do anything and I'm not even 6 weeks yet. :(

Oh no hope you feel better soon! Last time I was lucky and was only sick once but had lots of nausea. Hope it stays that way!

I’m feeling sooo sick today!! Any tips ladies? X

Eat little and often. Crackers, toast, any plain carbs all help to settle the tummy. Morning sickness is 10x worse if you're hungry
so don't let yourself get too hungry (or too full, same problem!). Take your prenatal before bed rather than in the morning. Ginger tea, fresh air and sea sickness bands help some people but I've never found any of that stuff useful. If it gets unbearable there is medication you can get from the GP. Last time I had to go on anti-nausea medication just to be able to get out of bed and I think I'll have to do that again this time :(

Congrats Christiney88!

I got my booking in appointment yesterday for the 26th. After that the midwife will contact the hosp for my 12 week scan.

Is anyone considering a home birth? My husband is dead against it. He’s worried about making a mess! :rotfl:

No never but have a lot of respect for anyone who does! I’m terrified of things going wrong so much happier in the hospital! It works for some women though!

Eat little and often. Crackers, toast, any plain carbs all help to settle the tummy. Morning sickness is 10x worse if you're hungry
so don't let yourself get too hungry (or too full, same problem!). Take your prenatal before bed rather than in the morning. Ginger tea, fresh air and sea sickness bands help some people but I've never found any of that stuff useful. If it gets unbearable there is medication you can get from the GP. Last time I had to go on anti-nausea medication just to be able to get out of bed and I think I'll have to do that again this time :(

Gosh sorry to hear that. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you that you won’t be as bad this time around. Thank you for your tips. Sending husband to make toast right now! Ha! X

Gosh sorry to hear that. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you that you won’t be as bad this time around. Thank you for your tips. Sending husband to make toast right now! Ha! X

No worries - hopefully they help. Plain popcorn was what I lived off last time.

Ohhh it will be. I've already vomited once today. I threw up multiple times a day everyday from 7 until 17 weeks last time. I don't want to complain too much because at least I feel pregnant x

No never but have a lot of respect for anyone who does! I’m terrified of things going wrong so much happier in the hospital! It works for some women though!

I think I could only have a home birth if I was on like baby 5 and I knew I could just pop them out lol. Definitely too scared of something going wrong - I have zero trust in midwives x

No worries - hopefully they help. Plain popcorn was what I lived off last time.

Ohhh it will be. I've already vomited once today. I threw up multiple times a day everyday from 7 until 17 weeks last time. I don't want to complain too much because at least I feel pregnant x

You poor thing, your definitely aloud to moan and complain here <3

Hey ladies! Please can I dip my toe in with the 10th?

5 weeks today. Feeling positive, not too many symptoms yet, boobs are tender and I'm a bit tired but apart from that I'm ok! Oh and I'm chilled to the bone, cannot warm up at all! May we all have a perfect, healthy and wonderful 9 months of pregnancy <3

Got my 3+ on digital this morning!!
Then reached into the sick!
It was a bitter, sweet moment :rotfl:

Since yesterday my nausea has reached a new level :x:sick: I’ve ordered some travel sickness bands to try.

Thanks everyone for welcoming me :) I still feel completely fine! Some mild backache n tingly nipples but that’s it :S I decided I’m gonna have acupuncture every week :) I’ll be 6 weeks 2moro!

Hey - I just thought I'd make a thread for all those that are due their precious babies in October 2020. If you want me to add you to the list just comment. We can chat all things pregnancy in this thread together...

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th - xsarahh
5th - monkey1988
6th - PinkFlamingo & Christiney88
7th - winterwolf
8th -
9th - kathryn85
10th - kj1
11th -
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th -
26th -
27th -
28th -
29th -
30th -
31st -

Hey All!

Recently done a test and I’m due 13th October, it will be my first but I have had a miscarriage last sept.
I’m glad I’ve come across this “October mummies” group.

I do have slight bleeding when I’ve wiped a couple of times but not every time for the past couple of days (Sunday was clear) it’s not enough to put a pad on. I think I’m more on edge at this point because it was roughly similar time when I had a miscarriage. Fingers crossed
I’ve read every post on this thread and it’s giving me hope as friends have had babies and never had “spotting” obviously if the bleed gets worse I will call the doctors but for now it’s ok! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back