October Mummies!

Hopefully just a one off from implantation then xx

How's everyone feeling? Morning sickness coupled with exhaustion is kicking my butt now and making it very hard to look after my daughter (who has a cold and therefore is up every hour at night). Send her sleepy vibes. I've been going to bed at 7pm with her and am still exhausted at 6am when she gets up.

Wow I don’t think I could go to bed at 7pm, good for you! I haven’t had any nausea yet but am sure it’s coming. I am exhausted though and def feeling more tired than last time probably because I’ve got a toddler to look after! Still managing to run twice a week though which is good.

Wow! You too are amazing doing this with a little one. <3 Well done ladies!
I’m still struggling with the dizziness, so bad I’m scared to walk down the stairs on my own apart from that just really sore boobs x

Wow I don’t think I could go to bed at 7pm, good for you! I haven’t had any nausea yet but am sure it’s coming. I am exhausted though and def feeling more tired than last time probably because I’ve got a toddler to look after! Still managing to run twice a week though which is good.

I don't have a choice if I want to function. She's been up all night since she caught this cold. Poor thing.
Ah good on you with the running. I need to put more effort into exercise!

Wow! You too are amazing doing this with a little one. <3 Well done ladies!
I’m still struggling with the dizziness, so bad I’m scared to walk down the stairs on my own apart from that just really sore boobs x

Have you had your blood pressure checked, or a blood test? Just to make sure you're ok, because it sounds like you're more dizzy than the average pregnant woman.

Have you had your blood pressure checked, or a blood test? Just to make sure you're ok, because it sounds like you're more dizzy than the average pregnant woman.

I went to the doctors. Had a stand in doctor. He said it’s just my hormones trying to adjust themselves..... had to actually ask him to check my blood pressure!! Which was fine. I’m seeing my actual doctor next week so hopefully she’ll be able to help in some way x

Does anybody else feel like they’re not even pregnant half the time? As my only symptoms are sore boobs and exhaustion, it makes me feel a bit uneasy! Probably still a bit early for nausea to kick in though. I shouldn’t be worried as I’ve done it all before! I’m sure I’ll be wishing I hadn’t said that in a couple of weeks time!

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact I'm pregnant - it's been such a shock! Not going to lie, I've been in tears the last couple of days racked with 'Mum Guilt' for my 15 month old...he's a proper clingy mummy's boy and still such a baby himself that I really worry that this isn't the right time for us and that I'm not going to be able to give him the attention he deserves or love another child the way I do him. Please tell me that this is a completely normal way to feel? I just feel so hormonal, I'm really struggling to feel elated right now which is worrying me :sad:

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact I'm pregnant - it's been such a shock! Not going to lie, I've been in tears the last couple of days racked with 'Mum Guilt' for my 15 month old...he's a proper clingy mummy's boy and still such a baby himself that I really worry that this isn't the right time for us and that I'm not going to be able to give him the attention he deserves or love another child the way I do him. Please tell me that this is a completely normal way to feel? I just feel so hormonal, I'm really struggling to feel elated right now which is worrying me :sad:

Please don’t worry - you will love this child as much as you do your son, it’s just hard to imagine right now! My son has just turned 2 so he will be a bit older than yours when the new baby arrives but I understand how you feel. I’m not too worried because I actually feel it will be really nice for him to bond even more with his dad as at the moment we spend so much time together and daddy doesn’t see him as much.

Once you get your head around it, things will settle and you’ll realise it will all work out fine.

At the moment I just want to feel a bit more pregnant so I know everything is ok but think I am just worrying for no reason!

I’ve felt super exhausted the last few days (need to stay awake long enough to watch love island!) :dance: Felt nauseas on and off but it’s really not as bad as last time, maybe because it’s so early.

Kj1 I’m completely with you on the mum guilt. Everyone has told me I’ll love the baby as much as my daughter but I’m worried that I’ll resent the baby from taking my time away from my daughter. I’m also shitting myself! I had a really easy pregnancy and labour last time but I wasn’t at all prepared for how tough the new born days were and found the whole 4th trimester traumatising! I definitely didn’t have a new born bubble! This time round I’ll be preparing to go into survival mode! :???:

Thanks guys, I'm sure it's a completely normal to feel this way whether your 1st child is 6 months or 6 years, it just doesn't seem it right now! I don't think it helps that my OH is feeling stressed about the timing and finances of it all...childcare costs in London are b****y expensive!!! We will survive, I just wish I felt differently.

In other news, the cramping and butterflies have really stepped up a notch! I remember this from my first pregnancy and being really worried about it, now I just see it as a good sign things are progressing nicely :) Exhaustion has properly kicked in, staying up for Love Island is becoming more and more of a chore!! Haha

I’ve felt super exhausted the last few days (need to stay awake long enough to watch love island!) :dance: Felt nauseas on and off but it’s really not as bad as last time, maybe because it’s so early.

Kj1 I’m completely with you on the mum guilt. Everyone has told me I’ll love the baby as much as my daughter but I’m worried that I’ll resent the baby from taking my time away from my daughter. I’m also shitting myself! I had a really easy pregnancy and labour last time but I wasn’t at all prepared for how tough the new born days were and found the whole 4th trimester traumatising! I definitely didn’t have a new born bubble! This time round I’ll be preparing to go into survival mode! :???:

I didn't have a newborn bubble either. Trimester 4 was traumatic here too. At least this time we'll know what we're in for!

@kj1 my daughter is still a baby (12mo) and I'm feeling a bit guilty that she'll lose attention from me. She still sleeps in our room and I still cuddle her to sleep. But she will have someone her own age to play with once the baby is a little older and I think that makes it worthwhile x

To be honest the guilt is the worst for me right now as I'm too sick/tired to play with her properly, and I know it's only going to get worse when I'm huge and can't get on the floor easily or carry her around much.

Last edited:
Winterwolf this is pretty much why we have decided to have a second now. I know my daughter would love a little companion. I don’t have many friends with children of a similar age but the few friends she has she is so lovely with! I have always fed/cuddled to sleep and when we’re in the house she has always been with me for naps so I’m hoping no.2 just fits in around her! :think:

Winterwolf this is pretty much why we have decided to have a second now. I know my daughter would love a little companion. I don’t have many friends with children of a similar age but the few friends she has she is so lovely with! I have always fed/cuddled to sleep and when we’re in the house she has always been with me for naps so I’m hoping no.2 just fits in around her! :think:

I am the only one in my friend group with a child and also the only one in the family! If Winter had cousins I would be happy with just the one baby but she doesn't even have them. I don't want her to grow up being the only child at Christmas etc.

I'm the same as you, no plans to stop the way I get her to sleep so baby will just have to enjoy cuddling with us both lol

I had my first appointment on Friday and it was the midwife who delivered my first child that saw me so that was nice! I've got a follow up appointment in 2 weeks for bloods and blood pressure and then my scan will be the 18th march! All feeling very real now!

We also told my parents so that was nice too!

I had my first appointment on Friday and it was the midwife who delivered my first child that saw me so that was nice! I've got a follow up appointment in 2 weeks for bloods and blood pressure and then my scan will be the 18th march! All feeling very real now!

We also told my parents so that was nice too!

Wow!! That does all sound a bit real!! :D

Hey - I just thought I'd make a thread for all those that are due their precious babies in October 2020. If you want me to add you to the list just comment. We can chat all things pregnancy in this thread together...

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th - xsarahh
5th - monkey1988
6th - pinkflamingo
7th - winterwolf
8th -
9th - kathryn85
10th - kj1
11th -
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th -
26th -
27th -
28th -
29th -
30th -
31st -

Hello! Could you add me to the 6th :D

Hello! Could you add me to the 6th :D

I was just about to do my first round of IVF when I found out I was pregnant as I have PCOS so was pleasantly surprised :D Tho, I have quite bad anxiety n mc is literally on my mind most of the time even tho it’s never happened to me n this is my 1st pregnancy :( I’m just finding it hard to switch off! I also haven’t had many symptoms other than mild back pain n some cramping. It’s comforting having this group tho :D

Congrats @Christiney88, love hearing stories like that.

@monkey1988 oh how exciting to have a date! I will get a 12 week scan date after my dating scan (in 10 days but who's counting!). Did you do anything special to tell your parents? I told my mum the day I got a positive test but didn't do anything special.

Congrats @christiney88 :D please try not to worry. I was diagnosed with PCO 4 years ago and was told it would be extremely unlikely for me to conceive without help...here I am now pregnant with my second - both conceived naturally! I’m sure everything will be absolute fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back