October Mummies!

Did you partner wait outside? Not sure if my partner will have to wait in the car?
Yeah unfortunately. I had to sit in the car until they were ready for me and they rang me to come in. They gave me 2 pics free of charge, but wasnt allowed to buy anymore as they aren't allowed to handle cash. So I'd probably expect the same I'm afraid! X

Hello looking for some reassurance (due on the 26th October)

Unfortunately I suffered a MMC in December 2019, discovered at the 12 weeks scan dating 6 weeks. So as you can imagine my head is pretty all over the place with this pregnancy.

I can’t help but now have doubts with this pregnancy, because I feel like in the last week or so I have lost symptoms (sore breasts and nausea). I should be 10w+1d now.

Has anybody else lost symptoms around this stage and should I be expecting the worst again?

I called the hospital but if I’m not bleeding they won’t scan me, and my dating scan is quite late as it’s not scheduled for the 22nd April. Private hospitals not doing reassurance scans either due to coronavirus so just feel trapped and worried!

Thanks x
My story is almost identical to yours. I have just had my 12 week scan and all was fine! I had some nausea for about 3 weeks, but for the last 2 weeks I've felt pretty much normal. So I had the same worries! Just try your best to stay positive. This is a different pregnancy and the chance of it happening again are very very small. X

I’m so pleased for you @Natalie8964 Lovely clear scan pics too!

@Bumpnumber1 its so hard not to think the worst when you aren’t experiencing any symptoms. My first pregnancy I was a nervous wreck the whole way through. It’s so so hard but please try and stay positive. Is there anywhere you can travel to for a private scan to put your mind at rest? X

Yeah unfortunately. I had to sit in the car until they were ready for me and they rang me to come in. They gave me 2 pics free of charge, but wasnt allowed to buy anymore as they aren't allowed to handle cash. So I'd probably expect the same I'm afraid! X

Thanks Natalie8964 :) Are you in the uk? I’m so glad it went well for you! :dance:X

My story is almost identical to yours. I have just had my 12 week scan and all was fine! I had some nausea for about 3 weeks, but for the last 2 weeks I've felt pretty much normal. So I had the same worries! Just try your best to stay positive. This is a different pregnancy and the chance of it happening again are very very small. X

Thanks for the reply! In a weird way, it's quite nice to know that others are going through the same situation and have similar doubts - Its not just me who's going crazy!. Going to try and be as positive as possible until my 13 week scan... Congratulations with your good news, it sounds like its been difficult for you also x

Thanks for the reply! In a weird way, it's quite nice to know that others are going through the same situation and have similar doubts - Its not just me who's going crazy!. Going to try and be as positive as possible until my 13 week scan... Congratulations with your good news, it sounds like its been difficult for you also x
Totally - you're definitely not crazy, just a worried mama! Embrace feeling normal that's what I say! X

Arrh! Glad I’m not the only one intrigued by the placenta. My husband thought it was really weird I made him take a photo of it which be is not allowed to delete!

I wanted it made into capsules but it’s bloody expensive! I might look on pregnant celebs Instagrams for a discount code!!!!!
You can have it made into Smoothie power aswell that’s half the price, don’t fancy that tho personally ha xx

Thread hopping, sorry ladies.
I was adamant i wanted to get my placenta made into capsules but then i started to read more into it and Strep B came up alot and can be passed to the placenta apparently. This really worried me so i am kind of put off by it now. It is also so expensive and i am just not sure i can justify the price. I do know its meant to help with post natal though. x
Oh really? Was guna leave it to nearer the time to do deeper research, but maybe you’re right. Let nature take its course maybe? £200 is a lot I suppose and I’m Certainly no Cheshire House wive haha, especially now I’m off work with all this going on :help:xx

lol watching the midwife tell me all about the placenta actually gave me something else to focus on while they were doing all the checks on baby and stitching me up. Laying there totally naked with 3 people all up in my lady parts... I was in need of a distraction :rofl:
Hahaha this made me laugh, that’s Defo something I would do ha xx

@Natalie8964 Yay, I am so so happy for you.

@Bumpnumber1 I totally understand how you feel. Even though I still have bad nausea there's still a part of me that has that same concern after previous miscarriages. Try your best to stay positive. <3

I've officially graduated into the 2nd trimester! 13 weeks and a couple of days! One third of baby growing done!

Woohoo @monkey1988 I can’t believe some of us are already moving into second tri, I feel like I only just found out I’m pregnant haha x

Ladies since a few of us started moving into tri 2 shall I create a new thread there? Do you want to confirm your due date if you are ready and I'll add them in! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back