October Mummies!

XSarahh so glad you had a textbook one! I know a lot of folk that do and I try not to tell folk mine unless they ask (and I spare details then too) as it was unusual :smile:

Natalie8964 I totally agree! I didn’t get the birth I wanted with my first pregnancy (ideal home birth with pool) but I got through it with just gas and air (only used after I got to 7-8 cms) once things kicked in even after being induced with pitocin which I was quite proud of... (And feel breathing I learnt at a pregnancy yoga class helped a lot!) but my cousin (who had an uncomplicated pregnancy) did hypnobirthing and had 2 home births - the second at home, with pool on and off, 6 hours from start to finish! The mind can be a powerful thing! <3:)
I love this story, and what a trooper you are! Gas and air only, that's my goal I think! I know things dont always go to plan. I just love to hear the wonderful parts of birth stories. I've been doing yoga and meditation for about a year, and will continue to do so, and definitely thought about hypnobirthing too x

Sorry you had such a rough time @MrsLG it makes for a great story though.

I’d love a home birth with a pool but I’m not allowed. Hubby thinks he’ll be cleaning up blood and placenta!

I had paracetamol :roll: not sure what expected there! And gas and air for the final push which I said wasn’t working but they couldn’t prize it from me!

In my area they have cancelled home births and birth partners have to go shortly after the birth.
:(

Love hearing all the stories girls, and I agree every single person and birth is different for everyone.

Here’s one for you, not everyone’s cup of tea but I wanted to get the Placenta made into capsules and eat it, ment to be amazingly good for you and help prevent Post natal depression, what are your thoughts? Most people I ask think I’m weird :cheer:

Loving all the different places we are all from:
Cheshire
Nottingham
Scotland
Australia
Have I missed anyone? xxx

@Xsarahh tell your husband that's the job of the midwife. We've had 6 home births and my husband hasn't cleaned up a single thing.

@CharleneEmma my midwife offered to encapsulate my placenta but for religious reasons we declined.

Sorry WinterWolf didn’t mean to offend! As I said a few of my friends did it and loved it was just trying to say that everyone is different and if you do or don’t want to do things it’s okay to do either if you get what I mean? In my experience I felt a lot of mummy guilt for doing or not doing things and just want to help someone else avoid this :sad:

I wasn't offended lol I was agreeing with you if anything :)

Love hearing all the stories girls, and I agree every single person and birth is different for everyone.

Here’s one for you, not everyone’s cup of tea but I wanted to get the Placenta made into capsules and eat it, ment to be amazingly good for you and help prevent Post natal depression, what are your thoughts? Most people I ask think I’m weird :cheer:

Loving all the different places we are all from:
Cheshire
Nottingham
Scotland
Australia
Have I missed anyone? xxx

Definitely not something I would do but each to their own. If you want to do it go for it. I got them to do a little "placenta tour" after it was out. They showed me all the little bits, how it sat inside me, and held it up so I could see what it looked like full size with a baby in there. Many would say that was weird but I though it was really interesting haha. Didn't look like something I'd want to eat even in capsule form lol

Definitely not something I would do but each to their own. If you want to do it go for it. I got them to do a little "placenta tour" after it was out. They showed me all the little bits, how it sat inside me, and held it up so I could see what it looked like full size with a baby in there. Many would say that was weird but I though it was really interesting haha. Didn't look like something I'd want to eat even in capsule form lol
Hahaha that made me laugh :rotfl:
I’d like to see it too, I’m just intrigued, all the “Cheshire House wives” do it I saw it on there program and the company is only in the next town to me they pick it up steam it, dry it out and make It into capsules costs £200 and full of vital vitamins :dance:
Failing all this I might do what you did and ask for a tour of it, although after giving birth I’m not sure that I’ll be in any fit state to start asking them about a flaming placenta ha xx

Arrh! Glad I’m not the only one intrigued by the placenta. My husband thought it was really weird I made him take a photo of it which be is not allowed to delete!

I wanted it made into capsules but it’s bloody expensive! I might look on pregnant celebs Instagrams for a discount code!!!!!

I don't think I'd like to have a guided tour of the placenta after giving birth, that's not to say I dont appreciate how important it was!

My scan is tomorrow. I'm already feeling so nervous. My boobs aren't sore at all anymore, but I'm trying to cling to positive thoughts. Every woman and pregnancy is different and I just have to trust I'm feeling better and embrace it! X

Im in Aberdeenshire up in Scotland :smile:

can’t believe how close we are to scans now! So happy for you PinkFlamingo! :D

yes my ds didn’t go longer than 2 hours between feeds for the first few months so it was a big shock to the system but it’s amazing how you can keep going! Think it’s the hormones! ;)

I'm Aberdeenshire too! Gave birth at Peterhead with my first!

I’m not feeling pregnant at all either anonymise @Natalie8964 ...I’m 11 weeks on Thursday. Positive thoughts X

I’m not feeling pregnant at all either anonymise @Natalie8964 ...I’m 11 weeks on Thursday. Positive thoughts X
Thank you for replying. Just spoke to my mum on the phone, she also reassured me. She said she felt totally normal all the way with me and my brother, until she started to get big. Hopeful I'm just super lucky like she was, and my baby is perfect! I'm still getting bad acne spots alongside dry itchy skin. So not all perfectly glamorous! Lol x

I’d like to see it too, I’m just intrigued, all the “Cheshire House wives” do it I saw it on there program and the company is only in the next town to me they pick it up steam it, dry it out and make It into capsules costs £200 and full of vital vitamins :dance:
Failing all this I might do what you did and ask for a tour of it, although after giving birth I’m not sure that I’ll be in any fit state to start asking them about a flaming placenta ha xx
Thread hopping, sorry ladies.
I was adamant i wanted to get my placenta made into capsules but then i started to read more into it and Strep B came up alot and can be passed to the placenta apparently. This really worried me so i am kind of put off by it now. It is also so expensive and i am just not sure i can justify the price. I do know its meant to help with post natal though. x

lol watching the midwife tell me all about the placenta actually gave me something else to focus on while they were doing all the checks on baby and stitching me up. Laying there totally naked with 3 people all up in my lady parts... I was in need of a distraction :rofl:

I had my scan today and we got a little 3D pic, so cute! Everything was perfect. Good luck today @Natalie8964, if you've not had any bleeding there's a 98% chance baby is perfect. Missed miscarriages are a lot rarer than these forums make it seem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back