October Mummies

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Hi Ladies
I know we have an October babies thread which has all of our due dates on but I though it would be nice if we could have a chat/rant/moan thread which we can use generally to talk about things baby or non baby related.
Think it would be nice if this thread can follow us through our journey, right through to snuggles snd cuddles with our bundles of joy x x

How are we all today? What everyone up to? x x

Am sitting have a bowl of porridge and contemplating doing some work. :)

Am feeling really normal today. Stayed up late last night and slept OK so am hoping the tired spell is neary over.... Was told yesterday by someone (cannot remember who) to really enjoy Tri 2 as it is the best time of pregnancy... :)

Am trying to feel baby when I am lying on my back at night. Am not sure if its digestive feelings or baby... I am putting it down to baby... :)

Also booked our camping trip (including three layered airbed and chemical toilet) for August when I will be 6 months... bring on the warm summer...

You being so good Chookette, i could resist the bacon this morning, naughty me!

I think I will start enjoying tri-2 more when im feeling baby regulary and I get that pregnancy glow, my skin is still like a dot to dot at the moment :(

Where are you going camping? x x

I just bought a full size Mothercare cot and a Mothercare Travel Cot from Ebay for £6.99! So I guess thats worth mentioning. Both are in great condition and I'm really happy about it!

Just spreading some joy! :) xxx

We are going to the Isle of Wight for 3 nights. OH is trying to convince we to do 4 nights but said lets see how we go.... Am going to do a test run for one night in a little campsite in a ittle village called Sear Green which is a few weeks before just to make sure that I can sleep on the amazing new airbed... :)

Not always being good. Trying to be a bit better now that I am feeling better and getting my taste for food back.... Unfortunately I am not hating chocolate anymore which is a worry. But I am not wanting it all the time at least.

Hey MeggyMum... That is very exciting. My husband and I bought our nursury furniture the other weekend at Mothercare too. They had discounts on so had to get it... :)

Was looking at prams on E-bay but do not use it allot so am a little worried about buying from there. Do you use them allot? Am just being a techno phob I think.... :)

Last edited:
Ooohh sounds lovely Chookette, im sure you will be fine, your airbed sounds so comfy.
Ive got the taste for chocolate back too, not good when my little man still has alot of easter eggs left! x x

Yeah I use ebay all the time. Its great. You just have to be sensible on who you buy from and check each sellers history etc. Usually if you are smart you can pick up some stuff that is a great bargain and pretty much brand new.

xx

I'm feeling ok today, just back from a nice swim, had lots of stretchy achy pains last night, they were really quite sore so thought a swim instead of gym workout might help but I'm shattered now! Not sure I can be bothered to do much today now!

I'm still being really fussy with food, still hate chocolate and gone off so much but def eating more than a few weeks ago, the weights not going back on yet though so a bit worrying.

I've got lots of camping planned like chookette, got a few vw camper van shows, camping trip round France and our anniversary camping trip with friends to look fwd to over the summer, can't wait!

Guess I'm a little fed up as I still have 2 weeks left till hubby gets back onshore, always drags the last 2 weeks! Not got anything for baby yet, maybe when he's home we can start looking, been looking at the mountain buggys online but want to see one first.

great thread M2A! Hey ladies :wave: I'm good but work is very busy at the mo so not had as much chance to come on here - Boo! I've been getting stretching pains too Sarah, feels a bit like a stitch low down under my bump on the right hand side. I'm also still anti-chocolate - gave all my easter eggs away! That said I did get some nice baby prezzies for easter... a lovely yellow baby blanket from a girl I work with, a gorgeous cardi which a friend's mum knitted for baby and my mum got me a baby bath. Very exciting to have a few little things now as I had put off buying anything before. Great ebay tips girls - gonnas have a little look tonight and see what's on there x x x

I'm slowly eating my own body weight in food...but trying to be good, luckily I don't fancy junk food and chocolate at the moment which is a godsend! So far this mornig I've had a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, an apple, a banana, an actimel and I'm now eating a tub of grapes and I'm still hungry and counting down the minutes till my lunch break (50!)

I'm feeling pretty good at the moment, although I do feel really tired and I seem to be waking a lot in the night which isn't helping. Also, my skin is pretty awful which is so depressing. Lennon said the other day 'Mummy, you've got a spotty face'. Yeah, I know, thanks love!

We've just booked a few days away in France (to stay with the MIL). DH is going to the German GP with his brother and nephew so we will drive to his mums and he will leave me and Lennon there, go to the GP and then get me on the way back. Will be lovely just to have a break as we can't afford a 'proper' holiday this year.

Chookette - lucky you going camping, that will be fab.

Meggymum - congratulations on the bargains. We bought all our stuff from Ebay for Lennon and it saved us a fortune and was all in really good condition. Luckily we've kept it all for this baby too.

Sarah - sorry to hear you're feeling down about hubby. Only 2 weeks to go though, I'm sure it will fly by x

M2A - Make the most of eating the Easter eggs while you can hun, I'm sure this time next year we'll all be trying to lose the baby weight ;o)

Hey, Great thread idea!

I'm absolutely knackered. I've gone from being exhausted in tri 1 to relatively normal at the very early few weeks in tri 2 but this last fortnight, I can't keep my eyes open. I'm actually yawning as i type!! It's like I've stepped back 3 months and I'm utterly exhausted no matter how much sleep I get. Not good :(

On a plus note though, I ordered my pushchair from mothercare on the baby plan about 3 weeks ago and in total was £287 for all the bits. Only to go out to a local baby shop 5 mins from my house to see the same pushchair with all the same bits for £110. It's slighty used, but you honestly can't tell. It's in an amazing condition. The changing bag, cosy toe and car seat not even been used and still in original packaging! I was mega pleased with myself so rang mother care to cancel pushchair.
I've also had some great bargins from the same shop. baby bouncer for £12, can barely tell it's used apart from the underside of the frame (that sits on the floor) having slight worn marks on it, moses basket with new matress and stand for £30. Also bought a cot bed from mother care for £80 which had been bought at mothercare online but people had changed their mind and took it back to shop and shop couldn't sell it at full price because it was an online exclusive deal....£280 cot bed brand new to £80....can't grumble!!

Also OH picks up his new car on Saturday which I'm really excited about. It's a lovely big estate so we can fit the 3 pups in and also pushchair etc. We also have a tiny 2 bed terrace house and his mum and aunty who inherited his uncle's house at the end of last year have been having no luck selling, so they've said we can move there and save up deposit and buy house off them when we have save up enough. So we'll be moving about july/august time into a 3 bed semi with huge back and front garden surround by loads of farms/fields etc and we'll be renting out our house to keep as an investment!!

All good and baba is starting to move around loads. I was lying in bed last night with hand on tummy and i felt it starting to move with my own hand so grabbed OH's hand and he felt it too. Second time now.....amazing yet strange at the same time!

Also (goodness I'm starting to go on...!!) If all turns out ok with work I'll be finishing in 6 weeks time!! :D xxx

Last edited:
Everyone sounds very busy :)

Im on count down till my hols, 6 weeks on Friday, ill be just over 20 weeks, i was wondering whether I would be a good idea to pack my notes or do you think I will be ok? x x

M2A, I would take your notes with you if I were you hun, just to be on the safe side. If, god frobid, you did need to go to the Dr/hospital while you were away at least they would have all your info.

Thanks DW :) I need to sort out my insurance aswell, do I need to inform them that I am pregnant or will I be covered on normal family holiday insurance? x x

I've been told to take them everywhere. It's only a folder so I'm sure it won't take up too much room. Best to take them and not use them rather than not take them and need them!! xx

Not sure what happens with insurance. You're probably best to speak to them hun and ask cos they may want a letter from you Dr to confirm that you're fit to travel or something?

Yeah I'd say take your notes everywhere you go if you are going to be away from home for more than one day. xxx

Where are you off to Mum2Adam?

I am off to Italy for two weeks with my OH in about 5 weeks when I am 19 weeks... booked before we got pregnant.... Am planning on taking notes and getting info about doctors in the area just incase.

also need to check if we can get normal travel insurance for me or if it will be more expensive... mmmm

PrincessPeanut. You are doing well with your purchases so far.... May take the jump and buy some stuff from e-bay and see how I go. Have told OH that there is two things that I want to buy new and that is the nursery furniture and pram. We have been so lucky that my OH parents have given us enough money to pay for both of these items. Everything else I am going to look on e-bay and NCT website and stuff like that. Just need to put the list together now of items needed so we can buy a few each month.

Alos bought 4 books about baby in the 1st year that my sister suggested. They all sound really interesting... Only have one book at pregnancy at the moment and not really bothered about getting anything else... More want to read about what to do after now.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back