***October 2011 Mummies***

:wave: Marley

Glad to hear you LO is doing well.

Sarah have you tried expressing a bit & giving Kynon a bit more than normal in a bottle before bed?

How are you managing to feed every 2 hours?! Does that mean you cant really go out the house or are you BF'ing when out?

:)

Hey ladies glad all ur Lo ate well, gaining weight ect. I am currently writing to u from the hospital again came in as we all had sickness bug and izzy then seemed to not keep anything down since 11pm feed, she has bug but are not worried bout her they are still concerned about the jaundice so awaiting for blood results to come back now, should be back by three ish, fingers crossed there's an improvement. She is sooo sleepy how much awake time do u all get with your Lo? izzy is four weeks now can't believe it.
Christmas is going to be tight at our house this year too but still can't wait. What are ppl getting there Lo for their first Christmas?

oh no, hope you get out of hosp soon

Most of our money has been spent on eldest LO's xmas so Kayden will will just get a cpl of very small things, a rattle, a teddy, ect. Not much at all, next year will be alot more i'd imagine!!

Oh no poor Izzy, hope she gets home soon x. There are a lot of bugs about just now

Little miss - I just rush about like a mad women when I'm out and feed him at friends if I'm visiting. Funny you should say about expressing, he had a 4oz bottle of expressed milk the other night as I had a couple of glasses of wine and he went 4 hours so might try that at night more often as maybe morning milk is better, it's just hard to express!

I was reading something the other day (cant mind if it was on PF or not) but someone said they express whenever they can thro the day & save it in a bottle (topping it up each time) & it means LO gets more of a feed just before bed time - other benefits too...gets LO used to bottle (for future expressing) & means you get to see exactly how much he's guzzling down.

Oh & I've also heard of ppl topping up breast milk with an oz of formula for one feed only a day (bedtime feed) duno if thats something you'd consider or not

I remember well how exhausting it is to BF all day & night & still try & find time to express, I was only getting 3oz each day when I expressed. And remember you can freeze breast milk too, & i'm almost positive once defrosted u can mix it in with freshly expressed milk.

Thanks little miss I'm going to try the expressed bottle tonight if I can get enough milk!

It kind of worked! Gave him 4oz and then the boob for a few mins. He went 10-2 then was awake wanting to play til 4! Then he went 6.30 til 8.30. Ive expressed another for tonight as well.

Hello October Mummies, nice to see how everyone is getting on :)
Quick question for those of you breastfeeding, when is the best time to start expressing milk? I think I was told 4-6 weeks is a good time to start. I don't want him to prefer the bottle as that would make my 2 hourly night feeds even worse!

I think it's 4-6 weeks too. I found Ive only just been getting decent amounts of expressed milk the last week or so. We gave him one expressed bottle every few days from around 4 weeks to get him used to bottle but not too used to it! He won't really take it from me though, not stupid are they!

I think it's 4-6 weeks too. I found Ive only just been getting decent amounts of expressed milk the last week or so. We gave him one expressed bottle every few days from around 4 weeks to get him used to bottle but not too used to it! He won't really take it from me though, not stupid are they!

Thanks Sarah,
Haha thats good that he won't take it from you. I was a little worried Jack might prefer the bottle and didn't want to create a nightmare for myself. Think I will start to try to express even if its just a little.
Funny how babies seem to be quite intelligent, Jack knows exactly how to get my attention!!

Morning ladies, hows everyone in the world of october mummies? Cant believe its the first of december and only 24 sleeps till our LO's first christmas.
I went to get Elexia weighed on monday and she is a chubby 11lb 7.5oz's at 5 weeks old! When we are out and about and people ask me how old she is they cant believe shes only 5 weeks and think she is older! Im off out today to get Elexia's and Adams photo's taken as i was so disappointed with the bounty pic, cant wait to see what they look like X x

Morning, we weighed grace yesterday and she is 11 lbs so piling it on lol
We spent the day out Xmas shopping and although she slept through most of it we were absolutely knackered, think I'll stick to online shopping :eek:)

Morning! Another night of minimal sleep for me :( Im so not used to this broken sleep lark lol! Kynons 2 month birthday today! Time has flown. I took Kynon to have newborn photos a few weeks back they are soooo cute, not got the proofs yet but I'll put one up when I get them. We're off to our first baby massage class today :)
I've been doing Xmas shopping online, can't stand shopping and I bump into everything with the buggy plus I only have 2 hour windows before he makes his feeding demands!

Hey ladies well ended up staying in hospital 2 nights with izzy, on second night she had to have a blood transfusion, due to her haemoglobin levels dropping making her very anaemic which made the jaundice look worse. they think that will keep her topped up till next week where we have another appointment to see if blood results show why she is doing it. Scary!!! Possible we might not be able to have more kiddies, it's all just bit up in air at mo. On plus side it's done her the world of hood getting that extra blood as she is a more pinky colour now and more awake we even got our first smile out of her the evening we brought her home. Blowing raspberries did it. Still vomiting but going to get her weighed today to make sure she is putting weight on. I'm just lucky took her in when did as this wasn't the reason I took her in!! Xx

Morning ladies, glad to hear everyone is doing well :)

Caleb is changing so much every day. He's so heavy that I'm getting to the point where I struggle to hold him for too long! We're taking him to get weighed on Tuesday then he has his injections on Wednesday, can't believe how quickly the time has gone!!!

He's managing to self settle now, I put my foot down with oh because he kept rocking Caleb to sleep and that wasn't helping matters at all... I got him to sleep last night by putting him in his Moses basket completely awake with his dummy and he fell asleep within half an hour, only had to put the dummy back in twice!

Xx

Hey ladies well ended up staying in hospital 2 nights with izzy, on second night she had to have a blood transfusion, due to her haemoglobin levels dropping making her very anaemic which made the jaundice look worse. they think that will keep her topped up till next week where we have another appointment to see if blood results show why she is doing it. Scary!!! Possible we might not be able to have more kiddies, it's all just bit up in air at mo. On plus side it's done her the world of hood getting that extra blood as she is a more pinky colour now and more awake we even got our first smile out of her the evening we brought her home. Blowing raspberries did it. Still vomiting but going to get her weighed today to make sure she is putting weight on. I'm just lucky took her in when did as this wasn't the reason I took her in!! Xx

Awwww hope Izzy keeps getting better :) xxx

BabyA - Oh poor Izzy, must be such a worrying time for you. Hope you get some answers soon x. How come you thinking you might not be able to have more babies, do they think it could be genetic with Izzy?

Ft90 - that's great you getting Caleb to self settle, I've been trying that this week, not working too well yet lol!

The docs said they wanna chat about so whatever they are thinking it is must be possible problems to any future children. Will have mote info next thursday . She now weighs 9lb6 so still gaining but slowly. How r u Sarah? X

OMG I'm actually getting fatter >< gave up smoking no problem as soon as I found out I was pregnant and as the weeks go by I'm really struggling with the not smoking and have now put on nearly a stone in the last 4 weeks! And sitting here with the biscuit tin is not helping lol :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back