***October 2011 Mummies***

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Hi October Mummies, Hope you and your LO's are doing well.
Been as though we went through TTC, Tri-1, Tri-2 and Tri-3 together, i thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can talk, get advice and find out what are LO's are up to :) x x

This is a great idea hun. Hope are you getting on? We're having good days and bad days. I'm bf Jax and in a good night he's feeding every 3/4 hours but in a bad night it can be every hour wish is absolutely shattering! I love him to bits though and loving being a new mummy again. I had him weighed on tuesday at 2 wks and 1 day old and he already weighs 8lbs 4oz (he was 7lbs 7oz at birth).

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

You are doing great hunny :)

We are great here, thanks. Elexia has been pretty good during the nights, last night was the best, she went from 8.30-1.30 and then went straight down and didnt wake till 6.30 :) Im just waiting on the midwife coming around to see if Elexia is back to her birth weight as she went from 9lb 5oz's to 9lb 1oz x x

Elexia has been weighed and she is now a whopping 10lb at 2weeks old! We have now been signed off by the midwife, woohoo :) x x

:wave: Hi Everyone

I've been missing all you guys? Anyone else missing Tri 3 & being pregnant??

We're doing good, same as DW have good days & bad days, only had 3 bad days though, with constant crying & feeding all day.

Kayden's been taking a bottle every 3 hours during the day and approx 4 1/2 hrs during the night.

We were signed off by the MW on Mon & HV weighed him today he's 7lbs 5 (i think) and he was 6lbs 8 at birth so he's put on a good bit & is looking slightly bigger. We registered him on Tues & he got registered at the doctors today!!

:)

Evening!
We are plodding along although have managed to get showered & dressed before midday two days in a row lol
My OH returns to work end of next week though so I expect more pj days! Even managed a trip round town after getting her registered yesterday.

Discharged by MW last Saturday and Grace weighed in at 8lbs 15oz which considering so was 7lbs 14oz at birth is very good for what was day 10!!

Gave up breastfeeding after 12 days as she was feeding for an hour every 2 hours and I was just too run down to cope. Now feeding on 4oz of formula every 4 hours but still likes a little top up now and again

Still haven't managed to write up my birth story as I'm only just starting to feel like I'm recovering from it

Hi! I've been missing you all too and being pregnant!

Kynon is much harder work than I expected, he's soooo greedy, feel like all I do is feed, feed, feed! I've just sat for over an hour with him on my boob and he'll be demanding more within 2 hours! I'm lucky if we get 3 hours and 4 is a rarity, think he's prob only gone 4 hours 3 or 4 times, he seems to settle quicker now though so I don't spend so long winding him and he only really crys for food. Don't know what he weighs as hv said they only do it at 2 weeks and not again until 8 weeks, I did stand on scales with him and recon he's 10lb something now which is still on the same percentile line he was on. Are your babies still wearing newborn clothes? Kynon just started wearing 0-3, they grow so quick!

He started proper smiling at me this week which is so cute, I thought I'd be waiting a lot longer before he did that with him being early, love baby smiles!

Aww that's so cute he is smiling!!! Can't wait for that part. Wasn't expecting to join u all as an October mummy so hope u dnt mind lol!! it's funny I miss feeling lo moving in my belly but can't believe how amazing I feel not being pregnant. Feel like old me again.

Izzy is doing well nearly back to her birth weight at two weeks, passed her hearing test which hv did today. feeding every 3-4 hours possibly a little longer at night, last feed 10/11ish again at 2/3ish and again at 6/7ish so not bad at all touch wood it stays like that.
Ewans taken well to his little Sid but he is teething badly and is also waking at night with it. feel so sorry for them when they teeth coz there us nout u can really do.
Going to try get to breast feeding group next week does anyone else go to one? X

Happy birthday to Ewan, take it your ticker is right babyA? I'm going to go along to our breast feeding group I think, not been yet though, they seem very supportive and encouraging here, there's a cafe and the support nurses visit in first 2 weeks or call you every couple of days which is good.

Hey Sarah no need to update ticker Ewan was one in September but thank you for wishing him happy birthday. that sounds good, how u getting on? x

Happy Birthday Ewan :yay:

How did your bf class go Sarah?

Elexia had another great night last night, shes waking roughly around every 5 hours during the night :) x x

I've had a hard time with Sophia unfortunately - she has been in and out of hospital with Viral Bronchiolitus. She was doing well for the first 5 days and then I noticed her breathing wasn't quite right. Been very wheezy, sneezing with a horrible cough. She needed oxygen for a couple of days too as her SATS were too low. She was 8lb 5oz at birth went to 8lb at 5 days old then was back up to 8lb 4oz when admitted to hosp at 8 days old. But with her being I'll she has lost a little again currently at around 8lb 3oz - so she is sort of hovering due to her being ill. She hadn't been keeping feeds down at all though at this point. We have had a good fees days now, she is feeding well and taking 3-4oz every 3 hours, so her weight should start to go in the right direction now. She does seem to be constipated at the mo too bless her, she hasn't been for a BM almost 3 days!! anyone else finding this with a FF baby? My older daughter was never like this.

She seems to be on the mend now thank god, just hoping the cough improves soon.

Glad Sophia is on the mend now Laura, you really have been through it :hugs:

Elexia's nappies seem to still be quite runny, Have you tried giving Sophia a sip of cooled boiled water inbetween her bottles? x x

Yep shes been having the odd Oz here and there of cooled boiled water and still nothing nearly 3 days later :(

She doesn't seem distressed, although last night she was grunting alot! Her tummy doesn't seem hard, I've tried massage, warm bath, bicycling legs etc that seemed to work before and she had at least been going every 24 hours but nothing seems to be working. She had been on cow and gate but we changed her to SMA at 8 days old and she seemed better but I think it's not bunging her up!

Thanks m2a ur doing well to get 5 hours between at night.
aww Laura glad ur lo is on the mend. Horrible when they are I'll let alone when they are so small and young.

Anyone got any tips for the dry flaky skin babies get? X

Thanks m2a ur doing well to get 5 hours between at night.
aww Laura glad ur lo is on the mend. Horrible when they are I'll let alone when they are so small and young.

Anyone got any tips for the dry flaky skin babies get? X

Olive oil hunny, the midwife advised me that was best to use as its all natural oils x x

Well Sophia finally pooed this evening!! Lol! The midwife said this may be her pattern as some go less regularly than others. She didnt seem to bothered although it was quite runny, def not hard. Her chest def seems to be getting clearer now, she is only wheezing after a feed now thank god!

Hopefully she will start putting the weight on now she is keeping all her feeds down. The hospital agreed it would have been a miracle to have kept up the breastfeeding with her being the way she has unfortunately. I still have milk so was considering starting again but she doesn't seem interested in the boob at all now, just won't latch properly :(

Can't wait to get out and about and show of my beautiful girl, had to keep her in and it's killing me! Been restricting visitors too so she doesn't catch anything else. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel now :)

Hey girls so lovely we have our own thread so we can all catch up! Found the first couple of weeks quite hard with the lack of sleep and I was so emotional, feel so much better now though and am loving being a mummy! Grace was 6 pounds 6 at birth, then went down to 6 pounds 3 and up to 7 pounds 3 after 2 weeks. Going to take her on Monday to be weighed again but am thinking she's getting near the 9 or 10 pound mark!! Have good nights and bad nights, last night she was wide awake after 3am feed so I'm shattered today! She's also been constipated so the doctor gave her Lactolose which seems to have helped. Looking forward to hearing how all the other October mummies are getting on :) x x x

Hi lovely to see you all in one thread, great idea!! I miss tri3 I was able to get on here all the time back then, now I'm lucky to get on once a week!!

I'm having a tough time at the moment, feeding & colic nightmare, don't have time to get dressed, eat, goto the loo :( although on the plus side I can't believe Lo is 6 weeks now where has the time gone!!!??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back