***October 2011 Mummies***

Sounds like you have your hands full babyA with 2 little ones! My midwife gave Kynon just over 2 weeks to get over jaundice, she would have referred him at the two week point but because he was early she gave him a few more days as it's not nice for them getting blood tests. I would go with your instincts, whether to leave it to 4 weeks or not x

Think I'm gna call gp tomorro. Did he get over it himself? X

Think I'm gna call gp tomorro. Did he get over it himself? X

Might be best to get some more advice. Yeah he did get over it himself, I left his pram next to the window and fed him lots.

Thanks Sarah just noticed u posted in my other thread.

Well saw gp today and got sent up hospital where they did bloods and urine . It was horrible cried my eyes out with her wen they were trying to find a vein in her hand bless her. home now they will call with results end of week but to go back if feeding changes anymore and they will admit so fingers crossed ladies that everything is alright. She is so yellow

Well saw gp today and got sent up hospital where they did bloods and urine . It was horrible cried my eyes out with her wen they were trying to find a vein in her hand bless her. home now they will call with results end of week but to go back if feeding changes anymore and they will admit so fingers crossed ladies that everything is alright. She is so yellow

Oh no, hope it manages to clear up by itself and she doesn't get admitted x

Poor little one, hope it manages to sort itself out :hugs: x x

Ah poor thing, hope she's ok x
Know how you feel, I cried when Kynon had to have his blood tested when he was born, my 14 year old daughter cried too!

Hi everyone! :wave: finally got 5mins to come on here properly!! Alice is doing great, she's put on nearly a pound in 2 weeks and now weighs 8lb 12. She's nearly 4 weeks now! Can't believe where the time has gone. BF'ing is tough as she's hungry all the time and I can't keep up with her so she has formula as a top up.

Hi Traci :wave: Glad Alice is doing great, i cant believe how fast its all going, all the October babies will be coming up to a month old over the next week! x x

Hello traci, glad Alice is doing well, bf is tough but I think we began to turn a corner around the 6 week mark, he still only goes around 2 hours, 3 if I'm lucky but I'm not sore now which is great!

:wave:

Hi ladies

What are you all up to this w/end??

Well, we had some problems with formula this week, SMA was making Kayden constipated so we've moved to aptimel, he had his second bottle at 8pm & he's still asleep this is the longest he's went - 5 hrs 15min. He's now on 6oz too.

Got weighed by HV today and Kayden is now 9lbs 1 he was 6lbs 8 at birth so is fairly making up for it now

:)

Hi Littlemiss and Kayden :wave:

Nothing much planned for the weekend yet, need to sort out the kids christmas presents as i have them stored everywhere and cant remember half of what i have bought them! What about you?

Hope the change in milk helps Kayden, it certainly looks like it is :)
Hes doing great weight wise, im off to get Elexia weighed on Monday, it wouldnt suprise me if she near on 11lb now! X x

Morning!
Hope kaydens constipation gets better now, such a shame for them. Kynon seems to have the opposite problem, nappies leak so much with bf babies!

We have no plans this weekend, hubby back away offshore now so we'll see how we manage! Need to start the xmas shopping, i hate shopping though and forgot how rubbish it is with a pram too!

Kynon got weighed Wednesday that's him 11lb 8 so he's doing well too, on 91 line same as when he was born for his adjusted age! Makes me feel better about bfing as you just don't know how much they are getting, we've had 2 nights of 4 hour stints then 3 hour so fx that continues!

Have any of you got appointments for jabs and checks yet? He's got his jabs in 2 weeks time and his checks at 12 weeks instead of 8.

Hi ladies

Kayden doing brilliant on Aptimel - he slept 5 1/2 hrs last night (longest he's went) from 8pm til 1.30 must admit I was missing him & wanting a cuddle. He's hardly cried since his first aptimel bottle yest. He's never been that great at sleeping during day & he normally only has 2 1 hour naps, but today he's already had 2 day time naps lasting 2 hours each & its only 12 (hope he sleeps ok tonight!!) keep seeing advice that babies shouldn't be woken! If he wakes up between 4-6pm I normally try & keep him awake until bedtime which isn't as bad as actually waking him up.

I've got oldest LO's main xmas present, she still needs some stocking fillers - kaydens got 7 wee things needing wrapped, rattles/baby toys, not spending too much more money on him unless i see something cheap. I'm so skint, only have £100/£150 to spend on everyone else's pressies, mum/dad/grans ect - i've decided everyone can get about £5 spent on them, might not be fantastic presents, but we've just had a baby/moving house shortly so i'm sure ppl wont mind.

Sarah how long is ur hubby away for

That's good Kayden is more settled, fx he stays happier.
I was thinking of making Xmas presents for people, but then I remembered I prob won't have much time lol! Im skint too, baby, new car and Loft Conversion (nearly finished :) ) has drained us too. We sometimes do £5 bags for each other in our family which is good fun you get lots of fun things in a gift bag, takes a bit of imagination tho!

What sort of presents is everyone getting for their newborn?

Hubby's away for 2 weeks back for a week then away for another 2 so he will miss Kynons first Xmas which we're gutted about, guess he wont know any different tho just yet.

Hi ladies

What are you all up to this w/end??

Well, we had some problems with formula this week, SMA was making Kayden constipated so we've moved to aptimel, he had his second bottle at 8pm & he's still asleep this is the longest he's went - 5 hrs 15min. He's now on 6oz too.

Got weighed by HV today and Kayden is now 9lbs 1 he was 6lbs 8 at birth so is fairly making up for it now

We had the same with Caleb, so we changed him from SMA to Aptamil and he's been great ever since! Funny how some milk can block them up...

Not up to much this weekend... Been back up in Norfolk looking out houses, think we'll be leaving Portsmouth next year.

Saw a lovely thatched house, but needs a good £80,000 spent on it. We're trying to decide whether we want such a massive project at the moment as well as a baby!!!

xx

ft90 - thats ALOT of money!!

Sarah - Sorry to hear your OH wont be around for xmas, but he needs to work & at least it shows how commited he is. Your right Kynon wont know any different, i'd imagine by next year our LO's will be shouting for their daddies. lool

I have the same issues with getting xmas presents, not to mention having to get on & off public transport & fit everything in while eldest LO is at school. I've been buying things off ebay off the baby shops, brand new stuff, alot of it has free postage, for example for Kayden I got....a baby 1st bauble for £1 - babys first stocking for £2 reindeer teddy £1 - little tykes teddy & teether - £3 - giraffe rattle £2 - my first winnie the pooh teddy - £10 - baby birth to 5 record book - £5 also got my eldest LO some bits - I only buy things brand new, & only if its decent postage charges, oh and if I think i can get it cheaper I obvs dont bother.

24 hours now on aptimel & so far so good, he's been a very happy baby today!! & he slept loads thro the day

Hey ladies

I have missed u all so much!!!

I must write my birth story... I'm sure that will keep u entertained for a few minutes, it was horrific. Ended in blood transfusions and all sorts.

Any way nearly recovered now, ( I had an infection in my stictchs yum yum) shame as libido us back and I can't do anything ;) sorry tmi...

Baby is doing great she's so chunky I love her. She's 7 weeks today, drinks 6 oz 5 x day. Sleeps through when I go to bed now from 11 - 5/6am praise thy lord!

Sleep deprivation is evvvvvvil

Starting bed time routine tomorrow eve, tomorrow! Aim to get her in wee bed for 7 and go from there ... She will wake around 11-11.30 for a feed. It's crazy how they can they can't wake themselves up for a feed at the right time? Like a robot!

Anyway hope you girls are doing well ! I'll post my birth story soon :)

Lots of love xxxxxx

Hi marley! Sounds like things are going well for you now, won't be long before you can do something about the libido too!! Mines only just come back in the last 2 weeks, having a baby is a right contraceptive though! Hope your getting over your traumatic birth, must be hard and your right sleep deprivation is evvvvil!

Well that was another night of minimal sleep for me, don't know why Kynon still won't go more than 2 hours without wanting feeding, he's just so greedy! He was awake most of yesterday, happily awake so not crying so I thought he might sleep longer last night, no such luck! Guess I shouldn't moan as he's a happy content baby but greedy, takes after his daddy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back