*****October and November 2013 mummies thread****

Me & Max are great, I didnt think it was possible to love something as much as I do him!! he has just got his first tooth so abit cranky but otherwise hes brilliant, I never want to go back to work!! im so broody, I want another asap but on the other hand I want to enjoy him as much as possible and seems unfair to have another so soon, dont know what to do! I had an emergency section so cant for a while yet but I cant stop thinking about it!! xxx

I can't believe there's only one month until I go back to work. I'm starting to panic already. Only just sort of started weaning in the loosest sense of the phrase and as we're trying BLW more is going on the floor than in her mouth. At the moment I think she thinks food is primarily for throwing and dropping rather than eating. On the upside I'm getting plenty of fruit and veg trying to persuade her to eat. xxx

Aw Nbrintz, lovely pic!!

Rebecca, I know what you mean, I definitely want another two, and I held an 8 week old baby today, I couldn't believe how tiny she was!! I do think I still need to get over the shell shock though (I think that is partly due to my delivery, and having to stay in hospital for so long though), my body does not feel capable of going through it all again yet!

We're on to three solid meals a day now, and down to 3 9oz bottles, he loves his food, is a right guzzler, and he's starting to get really stroppy when he sees us eating, its hilarious! :lol:

Im giving him a bowl of porridge/fruity custard mixed together as he wont take the porridge on its own once a day atm, im quite confused by weaning, not sure when to introduce more? hes brilliant with the spoon and will gulp down anything fruity or sweet but isnt keen at all on any savory jars at all :/ will keep trying! I think the second tooth is coming through, atleast I hope it is to explain why his sleep has gone soooo awful, the last week hes been up every couple hours which is very hard going when im used to him sleeping through or 1 wake up maximum! good job hes cute xxx

Im due back mid July Dotty, I need to give 8 weeks notice so dont have long to decide whether Im going back full or part time, not sure what I can afford :( I live in hope that I will win the lottery before then so I dont have to return, going back pregnant would make it much more bearable... Im selling Juice Plus on the side, its really taking off so If I can bring in the equivilent of mat pay I would stay off for the full year xxx

Good luck with the Juice Plus Rebecca. Wish I could have stayed off for a year. We've agreed for 6 months + 1 month holiday. My OH works freelance so could be without work if his contract isn't renewed. I'm the one with the steady income so we can guarantee we can pay the mortgage if my OH is out of work. Ho hum. xxx

Well I am well and truly back to work!! It is very hard juggling the childcare I have to say.....at the moment, I have so much work on that OH is doing a lot of days looking after Freddie and it is affecting his work, which is not ideal at all. I think I really need to start looking at nursery for him, so we have a bit more structure, but the thought just makes me so sad :( :(

Still no teeth here but weaning going v. well! He is starting stage 2 foods tomorrow, so will see what he thinks of lumps, but I don't anticipate a problem, he is already having finger food and loves it.

Hope you girls and your bubbas are all ok! x

We have 2 teeth now, hes very cranky again so Im on the look out for a 3rd, other than that hes not doing much, hes not rolled yet, keeps trying to sit up though, hes 6 months today, hes very noisy and chatty though, I love it!! I think my work are ok with me going back part time, 3 days a week, so looks like thats the plan from mid july :( xxx

Hi all hope u r all well sorry not been.on.in.a while been.hectic we are currently waiting on.a scan.for Sophie to check all is well with her kidneys as we ended up.back in.Bristol children's hospital last week with yet another uti fx its nothing and she is just prone to them can't believe this time last year I was looking foward to.my 20 week scan these beauties of ours are gonna be one before we know it x

Oh no Nbrintz, hope she's ok!

Charlotte is 6 months now and so much fun! She's figured our rolling, so is no longer where I put her down if I turn my back for a sec! No teeth yet though.

I'm so lucky that I don't have to go back to work until October - will admit I've been quite broody too Rebecca! I think it'd be nice to have a small age gap, may start trying again at the end of the year :)

Hope you're all doing ok, can't believe how fast it's going! x

Uh oh....we are about to start crawling! He has been up on his hands and knees for a while now, and in the past week has been bunny hopping. Now he has worked out he needs to move his hands as well as his knees, he is just still working out how to do them both at the same time. Just LOVE watching them learn and change every day. x

In a word... better!!

LO still waking at night for a variety of nebulous reasons, but I've mentally given myself up to it now which has helped loads. Going back to work was the best thing I did for both of us, seem to be enjoying each other all the more for it. I'm doing 3 long days a week so squeezing full time into 3 days, but worth it to spend 2 week days with my gorgeous girl!

How's everyone else?

Max is still up during the night most nights, sometimes once but sometimes loads, its got worse since he started rolling as he does it in his sleep onto his belly which wakes him up so feel like im constantly up turning him back over argh! sometimes he sleeps well which is a treat! I miss the couple months I had of 11 hours a night :( Hes brilliant though, really happy baby, such a big boy too, was 21.7lbs last time I got him weighed, hes so heavy to carry!!

Im back to work 17th july, doing 3 full days which seems bearable, dreading it though :( coming off the pill end of this month though, so baby number 2 could be on the way later this year :D xxx

Rebecca that's so exciting! You've done an amazing job with max

How exciting Rebecca! Good luck with a) going back to work b) baby #2! A teeny bit jealous xxx

thank you, Im so excited! not going to track ovulation or anything for a few months, just going to go with the flow and if it happens quick then great but Im going to try to be relaxed, got rather obsessive last time!! we seem to have gained alot of new skills over the last few days, he can now sit properly unaided, trying to talk, and getting up on his knees as if to crawl, all came over a day or 2!! getting so big im so proud haha xxx

Lana have just realised your ticker on here says you are 71 weeks pregnant haha ouch xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back