~~October 2015 mummies and babies~~

Gail, see if you can get the mw to show you safe co sleeping and side lying bf. Means Eli can be close to you and boob but you can rest.

And yes after labour muscles you never knew existed hurt!! Make sure they give you plenty of regular paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Sooo... tonight is the first time I stayed at home alone with Nina. Hubby is now back to work and mum left this evening. I must admit I am feeling a bit lost, a bit stressed out. I know what she needs/wants but just the thought of being left alone with her all day scares me a bit. Anyone else feeling same? X

Hey up things are generally fab over here...just getting into the rythm now it's lovely and I wouldn't have it any other way but god iit's monotonous doing the same cycle of making bottles, feeding, winding, changing bums, washing, settling them down, cooking, cleaning up, making bottles, feeding, winding...and so on. My little lady is still feeding at 11.30, 1.30am, 3-4.30 then again about half 6..which my o/h does so I'm now sleeping from about 5.30am to 11.30ish if my o/h is off work or just try and grab some kip at tea time if he is at work. I'm suprisingly surviving this. Still haven't braved the great outdoors on my own with both girls yet....

aww you'll be fine KH babies only want a handful of things ...does your o/h work nights? x

Thanks Stacey, I hope I can manage! OH works as a chef so is away pretty much the whole day :-/ x

You will surprise yourself Karolina! It's amazing what you can do when you have to!!

Hope Edward and Eli are doing better. Get well soon poorly babies.

Stacey, I don't know how you are doing it on so little sleep! Xander just woken for first feed, we've been asleep since 9!! So different from Jess.

Tell me about it! My body clocks all over the place now too so I'm wide awake at night plus me and o/h are still bickering loads due to sleep deprivation...he hates having to get up at half 6 ish to see to the girls but I'm like errrrrm I have been AWAKE all sodding night when exactly am I meant to sleep then? The other day he said..I'm not having anymore children now if your going to moan all the time...which made me cry because I thought I'd been doing really well actually and I haven't felt moany I've actually really been all loved up most of the time...then later on (after sleep) he said sorry and drew me a daft picture and we have both decided to ignore what each other says in the morning as it's all just ratty.

By the way my little baby is 5 weeks old on Sat ..how blinking quick has that gone already! I feel like I've got home from hospital had a few staggard visits from everyone, been to the shop a couple of times fed/changed/winded my baby and now it's 5 weeks later! To be fair tho I feel that everyday is sort of merging into one so my sense of time is a bit warped

has anyone got a genuine smile from their little one yet? (not the wind one) hehe, mine smiles in her sleep and earlier today I swear she tried to smile at me twice in a row :D I have been making silly faces at her and doing over the top baby greetings in a mission to get a smile back from her xxxxx aww love her little chubby cheeks :cosleep1: :swaddle:

Last edited:
and her super soft fluffy baby hair on my face when I give her a cuddle :):)

Ah, love the hair!! Yes had smiles for 2 weeks now, hv saw it, and commented so not mad!

I think you're doing amazing, hubby and I bickered loads with jess, the sleep thing is killer.

I'd like to think she smiled at me once but I may be just imaginig it :lol:

She is 3 weeks today!!! Time really is passing so quickly. It doesn't feel like 3 weeks!

Oh not too bad and helping loads but has his little temper tantrum every so often - MEN!! ;) x

Any idea why babies cry when passing wind. I feel like sometimes she wants to fart but she can't and then when she dies she cries :(

No idea about the wind thing. Xander has his fussy time 6 til 9pm but is pretty good the rest of the time.

My mum swears Cillian has smiled a few times though I'm not so sure! Cillian will be 4 weeks on Tuesday, I'm freaking out as there is no way I would have coped these last few weeks without help from my mum, 2 under 2 is so much harder than 1, the sleep deprevation is not helping matters! Was in tears yesterday when my toddler slapped me cause I told her no!

Awk shona not good

Eli is 6 days old
His smiles are obviously wind but i dont care theyre cute nevertheless lol

So, have you all had the 'who does he/she looks like' chat?? I think Nina has my forehead (poor thing!) and nose but the rest is all daddy ;) x

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

I hope everyone and there babies are all doing well. I cannot believe it's November already. Have any October mummies still to have there babies?

Being a mum of 2 is certainly an eye opener! Ladies on your 1st baby enjoy - it's completely different with a toddler.
We really hit the ground running, hubby has to go back to work after being off a week off. Piper has been the perfect big sister, very very helpful perhaps a little too much. And we have gotten into some sort of routine. Florance is a pretty text book baby so far. Much more settled and content since I stopped breastfeeding, I done till day 5 again same as i done with my 1st.

We're looking at booking a holiday for when Florrie will be 4 months old. I feel a bit crazy but hubby needs the break. I'v never travelled with such a youngster before xxx

Enjoy your holiday laura
Youll never know what itll be like til you try
But plenty do travel with them very young!

I think theres still at least.2 to have their babies yet!

And as for who Eli looks like... No idea!

Hi ladies!

I hope everyone and there babies are all doing well. I cannot believe it's November already. Have any October mummies still to have there babies?

:wave: yep me and ftm are still waiting! I think ftm is having hers by section today though fx for her, so will be just me left rattling around in the 3rd tri thread, I'll turn out the lights and lock the door when (or if) I ever get to leave it and come over here lol!!!! Got an induction booked for Monday 11th if all else fails.

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

:wave: yep me and ftm are still waiting! I think ftm is having hers by section today though fx for her, so will be just me left rattling around in the 3rd tri thread, I'll turn out the lights and lock the door when (or if) I ever get to leave it and come over here lol!!!! Got an induction booked for Monday 11th if all else fails.

Oh no... Just hang around here!!! And remember it's all worth the wait LOL.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back