~~October 2015 mummies and babies~~

Great news that you are back home Fliss x hopefully Shelly will be home with her little one soon too.

I just thought I was feeling more myself then yesterday I had a glass of red and it's really upset my stomach! Feel sicky and bleurgh now stupid Stacey...I thought I might be able to hack it, nope! Not sure about you guys but my appetite is massively reduced at the moment...I've had to force myself to eat something..might be why I'm feeling sicky too and with the cramping/expressing/blood loss.

My little toddler has spent the day yesterday with her nanny and grandad getting lots of attention :) so me and o/h could catch up on some R&R :) I haven't had my first official outing with mini madame yet other than a zombified float around asda which didn't count..but next week a photographer friend has asked if I'd like to model Sophia for some new born picture training with his new staff. Hopefully will get a cutesy picture out of it.

Thatll be nice stacey
I thought of a newborn shoot once little man is here but good photographers are booked in advance and i cant easily pick a random date cos i dunno when he'll come!
Is there a preferred age for it being done?

Sorry to hear youre not feeling your best
Even if you dont eat just make sure you keep hydrated

Im disappointed by the lack of update photos from our october (september lol) babies on here and facebook
I've none to coo over! X

Yes I have been forcing the drinks down too I keep forgetting! I feel quite lucky really as he has just offered it to me to help with some staff training I jumped on that! He said babies are best for getting those really cute new born ones in the first 1/2/3 weeks if possible but like you said it must be hard to plan that and booking photographers, etc doesn't even cross your mind until at least a week or so after being at home...I'll get some pics up soon x

How are you mummies?
Stacey, hope you feel better soon. It's no fun feeling crap and having to look after a newborn (I am guessing) x

Fliss, hope Xander is feeding better. You are doing amazing & trying so hard x

Today is my due date but no sign of the baby yet x

I'm ok hun thanks x just having a few off days here and there but generally feeling loved up and ok in myself. Eek can't believe it's your due date now there's gotta be another October baby soon!

We're finally getting on track here now. Had a lovely chilled out rainy day at home. Jess was at nursery, hubby on first day of paternity leave. We cleared out some stuff, and cuddled our baby and watched tv. Nice!
Just waiting for some more Oct babies now!

Glad you are doing better Stacey. X

I'm updating please let me know if details on cover sheet wrong, I am a bit tired!! Xander is doing brilliantly, its mostly jess keeping us up at night... nothing changes!!!

Managing to combi feed still for now.

How's everyone else doing?

Can't believe little Sophia is the only girl so far :lol:

At my antenatal and aquanatal classes it seems practically all of them are having boys too
Mustve been something in the air!!

Hey Ladies, I'm here officially now. We got home from hospital yesterday. First meeting with big sis went surprisingly well, we just need to teach her to be a little gentler as she is very excitable. However I never remember BF being quite this painful! It's like Cillian has razor blades for gums! I've been lathering myself with lansinosh lanolin. First day was ok then second day was agony, today has been up & down, so had bambis call out & think his latch needs improving, I'm hoping things will improve. My milk came in today which surprised me as last time it took 4 almost 5 days for milk to come in, but im so engorged it's ridiculous, Cillian has been cluster feeding this evening, but even that's not really helping, & they are so tender, when I brush against anything it's agony!
Finally just wondering how everyone else's recovery is going. I got a second degree tear & some stitches & they are quite sore, how is everyone else managing? It's all very tender down there & sitting & standing is sore, going to toilet is also a bit stingy & I'm terrified of doing a number 2 (sorry tmi)

Welcome sharmon and Georgesmum and babies :wave: no way that Sophia is the only girly so far, she does have a middle aged mans comb over for hair at the moment which makes me laugh :) it's quite a quiff after a bath hehee

Glad youre home shona

Sorry to hear youre sore
It doesn't sound as bad as shellys description of hers being like a mr potato head!
I hope the bf improves soon xx

Aw Shona, good news milk is in so fast and it gets less painful very quick. Xander s tongue tie made it super painful once that was cut much better.
Not having stitches this time made a big difference to comfort down there. Last time I was very sore for first week. I did twice a day baths in just warm water and don't hold the poo in. A cold flannel over the stitches when you go, and use a jug to pour water over when you pee. X

I've been doing the jug trick, nice call on the cold flannel, though am still anxious about the poo bit! I'm trying to air my stitches at moment, thought I would take stock of what I usually do when little ones bum is sore lol!

Awk shona
:(

You can get gel things you put in the fridge to put in your pants xx

Don't forget lactulose. Helps to soften poo so can make things easier?

Can't believe I am here. Mummy of 2 precious little girls!!!!
It's amazing.

I think I am being spoilt with how 'easy' Florance is just now. I know this will all change but she seems a text book baby. I am feeding her, but only for a few more days and then moving onto formula.

Still up feeding! Any tips for settling into Moses basket after a feed? Managed to get two hrs sleep earlier but looks like we're cluster feeding again.
On a more optimistic note have finally managed to get everything working since the birth, so starting to feel a lot better. Life with two is certainly busy. Aoife seems to like new baby Cillian very much, but I think I will feel better in a month or two once Cillian is a little more robust & Aoife learns to be a little bit more gentle.

Shona that's hard going. Xander just did 10pm til 5am so feeling pretty good. This was how I thought having a baby was last time but got the amazing no sleep jess instead:lol:
No tips other than do whatever you have to to survive. Co sleeping saved the day for us. I've got the chicco next to me crib and its fab. Xander can see me and I can rest a hand on him if he's restless settling.

Laura, I'm considering going formula only soon as hubby back to work next week and can't imagine being able to continue the time consuming combi feeding then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back