~~October 2015 mummies and babies~~

How are all the October babies and mummies doing?

Little Nina is a delight, feeds every 3hrs and if she doesn't eat she sleeps! The first night was difficult, we hardly slept!! But after that we have developed a routine: when she wakes up/has to be woken up for feeds, we get her nappy changed, we feed her, give her cuddles and she happily sleeps for the next 3hrs.
At night she has to be swaddled tho, orherwise no sleep for mummy and daddy.

How do you find the recovery process? After the forceps delivery I am struggeling with the pain and discomfort down below... and the damn constipation! If this is how the next 6-8 weeks will be, I will go crazy! X

Hey glad to hear you have nice and relaxed babies Laura and Kh. Me too - sleep baby during the day, Sophia feeds at about 10.30pm, 1.30am, 4.30am in the night, she doesn't really cry out much but just grunts and squeeks a lot. She is pretty uncomfortable after a feed and needs winding loads and then usually gets hiccups then wants a bit more food, and so on haha so it's a bit zombie nation on the graveyard shift. I'm not breast feeding anymore as I had a tummy bug and then just decided to taper it off as I was only producing a small amount anyway and I figured she's had the best of me in two weeks.

My o/h is back to work tommo so that will be interesting I'll just have to resort back to minimal sleep for a while. I've said I'll have to hand 2 children over to him when he finishes work to catch up on sleep at tea time as that's the only time I reckon I'll get....we will see how it goes I'm dreading it a bit. Need to work on getting Sophia to be more awake in the day now instead. At least Cora's sleeping has remained the same and she isn't acting out or anything (PHEW).

How are all the October babies and mummies doing?

Little Nina is a delight, feeds every 3hrs and if she doesn't eat she sleeps! The first night was difficult, we hardly slept!! But after that we have developed a routine: when she wakes up/has to be woken up for feeds, we get her nappy changed, we feed her, give her cuddles and she happily sleeps for the next 3hrs.
At night she has to be swaddled tho, orherwise no sleep for mummy and daddy.

How do you find the recovery process? After the forceps delivery I am struggeling with the pain and discomfort down below... and the damn constipation! If this is how the next 6-8 weeks will be, I will go crazy! X

Karolina I was a full 5 days before doing a number two! Ended up having to take laculose & obviously drink plenty of water. I also got some stronger painkillers to help with the pain down below, but I can honestly say one week on the pain is not as bad!
Cillian is still cluster feeding at night, but after this he sleeps for 3/4 hrs in a row. MW was round today & good news is that Cillian has already gained weight, so cluster feeding is doing something good!

Karolina, not surprised you are in a fair amount of pain after the delivery you had. Like Shona says, take painkillers and ask for stronger ones if you need them. Make sure you get those bowels going. Lovely to hear Nina is a delight though!

Stacey, that sounds like hard going with the night feeds, thanfully I only have one overnight feed and Xander does cluster feeding up until about 10.30, then wakes between 1 and 3, then again at 6-7. I find this amazing after Jess! She's still really unsettled but has a heavy cold which she's kindly given to Xander.
Good luck with hubby back to work. Is Cora still going to nursery or childminder or do you have both to cope with all day? If so hats off respect!!! Jess is at nursery mon to wed which is very helpful!!

Shona, well done on the weight gain. Fab work.

I'm quite chuffed as yesterday I braved the scales for the first ti e, and only 3kg heavier than pre pregnancy!! Yay! I want to lose 6kg if possible but not in a rush to diet yet. Still trying to keep bf for now, but on a healthy eating mission and going to get out for at least 1hrs brisk walking a day. Its been so nice to throw away the crutches and walk normally again. Pelvis still feels a bit wobbly but tons better generally.

Thank you Girls, I needed to hear this! Can't imagine to be feeling like this for more than a week... I am taking the prescribed painkillers and they do help x

Well done on Cillian's weight gain.

My MW is comming today so hopefully she will weight Nina x

I know it's a killer at night especially as by the time she has settled theres only about 1.5/2 hours to fall to sleep before she wakes up again at half 4 then by the time she is settled after that my little girl has woke up 5.30/6am me and o/h have found ourselves bickering again competing on who is the most tired and who is entitled to sleep haha...we both don't function well at 4.30am! Little Cora is at nursery on Friday and spends time at g-parents on Sat and o/h can work both of those days so that helps a lot! He hasn't got a typical 9-5, 5 days a week job and pitches in - is very hands on when he is around.. otherwise I think I'd lose my sanity slightly.

Seriously, I take my hat off to all single mothers! I don't know how they manage?!

Hubby has been great help. I say help but he actually does most things now since I am not feeling too good. I have only change one nappy since she was born and start to worry I will struggle after he is back to work... x

o/h have found ourselves bickering again competing on who is the most tired and who is entitled to sleep haha

Always reassuring to hear someone else is doing this :lol:

I'm so lucky, my mum stayed the first 2 weeks and hubby still on his second week of paternity leave this week so I've had loads of help. Real world next week though... eep!

Karolina, don't feel bad, just take all the help you can get, you need that recovery time. You were in labour such a long time and the forceps delivery is pretty traumatic. The least hubby can do, he owes you!!!

Yes, my hat is also off to anyone having to do this alone.

Well by 8pm tonight I have got both babies bathed, and settled asleep in their rooms and I am enjoying a glass of wine :lol::dance: Bloody civilised I call it. About to crash out myself too but enjoying the moment!

Crash out fliss
Sleep. Every time.
Its gotta be better than quietness and wine lol

High five coming your way for sitting down to enjoy a bit of wine Fliss cheers (when I get one) you deserve it hun. Thing is we'll be such light weights now 2 wines to K/O! It's hard going being pregnant all year isn't it!

Haha, half a glass and I was upside down in bed! :lol:
Enjoyed it though!
Back to reality of night feeds now but had midnight and 4am so not too bad. Jess has hand foot and mouth though :-( hubby having rotten nights with hrr for the lsst 4.

Aww poor Jess hopes she gets better soon and you all dont catch it X

I don't know why I make myself a cup of coffee at the moment it's guaranteed to go cold before I get to it. It's just took 20 mins to write this haha I need a third hand. I'm off to register Sophias birth today yay :)

Nina keeps peeing when getting changed! It soaks her clothes and I have to change her outfit... again! Any advise on how to stop the wee going on her clother without stripping her down? She screams the house down when we undress her :shock:

What about exposing her to the air for 5 seconds then putting nappy back til shes peed then change?
I know for boys they suggest cotton wool on top to redirect!

Hello all, I promise from now on I will start joining in. Been struggling with my recovery from csection and the lack of sleep. Had stitches out today so feeling a little happier.

Thanks Gail, I will give that a go next time! Hope it works, running out of clothes now ;)

GM, sorry to hear your recovery is not going so great, hope you feel better soon. Lack of sleep sucks bad! X

Awk Barb:(
Sorry recovery is slow
Did they say anything about if it was healing well etc and can you not take more to help painwise?
Can anyone help more to give you some rest? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back