Not letting LO have any jabs at all?!

jayjay..sorry to see your thread has turned from what you originally intended.
As long as you are well informed and happy with your decision then that is ultimately all that matters. Maybe your GP could also help you?

I personally wouldn't not get the vaccines for my LO but each to their own and that is the choice I have made.

xx

Thanks. The woman from my local arnica group finally got back to me so I'm going to discuss it more in-depth with her x

I am having a dilemma now but after James being in hospital I am loathe to get his MMR done (or anything)

I will discuss it with GP tomorrow but I am certainly going to have to do some more research

xxx

:( I'm on immunosuppressants, so not allowed to be around anyone who has had a live vaccine for 6 weeks, so no rotavirus or MMR for my lo...

Tbh since this thread started I've done so much research into vaccinations and the more I read the more I stand by my decision not to vaccinate.
Again, I dont want a backlash of abuse or anyone telling me I'm making the wrong decision etc. I wont tell others how to parent their children and expect the same respect in return.
Sorry if that sounds rude or anything, I dont mean it to be. I'm just in bad form and super tired tonight :eek: x

:( I'm on immunosuppressants, so not allowed to be around anyone who has had a live vaccine for 6 weeks, so no rotavirus or MMR for my lo...

Will this always be the case? Or will you come off of your drugs at some point?

Considering a virus put my baby in hospital for 3 nights I am so worried about a live vaccine.

However I do realise the actual diseases are hugely problematic too!

As I say I need to think about it a lot more

xxx

Tbh since this thread started I've done so much research into vaccinations and the more I read the more I stand by my decision not to vaccinate.
Again, I dont want a backlash of abuse or anyone telling me I'm making the wrong decision etc. I wont tell others how to parent their children and expect the same respect in return.
Sorry if that sounds rude or anything, I dont mean it to be. I'm just in bad form and super tired tonight :eek: x

I respect that you did your research and put some thought into your decision. Nobody should abuse you for standing up for what you believe is best for your child. I will have my children vaccinated but will always consider the pros and cons before hand , personally the risk of them contracting something was too high as I have a very vulurable child.

Do you mind me asking what you are taking? My husband might need to go on immunosuppressants at some point and I didn't know this.

Some babies and toddlers hold their breath to the point of passing out when they get a sudden shock or fright. It could be nothing to do with the vaccine at all. It is involuntary and they are only able to do it up to about age 5. I can't post a link but
if you google breath holding spells you will find more information on it.

I only know about this cause I did it myself as a toddler. I hope my baby doesn't follow in my footsteps as my parents said it was terrifying. Every time I injured myself they would find me passed out and blue in the face.

It had nothing to do with a sudden shock or fright. She was ill and out of sorts right after her vaccines and stopped breathing 4hrs later. At the time she stopped breathing nothing shocked or frightened her, she was next to me on the sofa.

I have since researched this almost to the point of obsession and spoken to parents of babies who have had the same reaction to their jabs. My daughters adverse reaction was directly linked to the vaccinations and has been officially recorded as such with yellow card.

I had my son vaccinated, to be totally honest....i didn't even know there was an option not too. Our GP surgery makes an appointment for you & sends it out to you and unless you cancel it that's it. I don't regret getting him vaccinated and I would always go ahead and get him done.
HOWEVER, I actually think that in this "debate" that bringing up the argument that other kids are more vulnerable to these diseases therefore we should all vaccinate is wrong. Would you put it a different way and say to the OP that it is wrong of her not to put her own child's health at risk, just to make sure that a child she may or may not come in contact with is safe?
I really believe that's what is really being said when that argument is brought up. If a particular child is more at risk of catching an illness, surely it is the responsibility of that child's parents to get them vaccinated etc and not depend on other kids being vaccinated?

Like I said, I will always get Harry vaccinated as long as it doesn't affect him. However i really respect jayjay for having to make this decision, it can't have been easy. I know that if the jabs had made Harry stop breathing then I would definitely be reluctant about him getting any more xxx

I'm with jayjay and have had exactly the same experience that we've already discussed. I have vaccinated since but cut out the vaccine I believe my l reacted too. My lo is approaching an age where she'll be getting appointments for her next lot. I'm dreading having to make a decision again as to whether I'm doing the right thing giving them or postponing them or her not having them at all. Every decision is tough and I admire jayjay for making her decision. Although the doctors wouldn't admit it was jabs we're convinced it was xxx

I don't vaccinate either, I stood my ground after the first set of injections am having none of it. They don't work, they don't offer long last protection and the whole argument to vaccinate because of other immune compromised is nonsense as a majority of adults is not up to date with their vaccines without even knowing it plus even though someone does not present symptoms or doesn't get ill because they have been inoculated doesn't mean they CAN'T spread an illness!!! Spreading illnesses has a lot to do with personal hygiene not 'immunity'.

Pippa I'm on immune suppressants too (humira) & my lo has had both lots if rota virus, the nurse just gave it to him & said I need to be careful with his nappies that's all, there was no suggestion he shouldn't have it? X

Do you mind me asking what you are taking? My husband might need to go on immunosuppressants at some point and I didn't know this.

I'm not sure it's a common thing, my immune system is as suppressed as is possible (I inject humira for Crohn's disease) & my surgery still gave it to my son. It's fine as long as there's no direct oral digestion (so don't swallow any of lo's poo lol) - I just wear latex gloves for a couple of weeks when changing dirty nappies x

HL28 and Rheannymac thank u for the support and being so understanding. Its nice to not have people expect me to put my child at risk to protect other children. As far as im concerned, my kids will always come before every one elses in my eyes!

JD, ur post highlighted just SOME of the reasons why I've chosen not to vaccinate but ur absolutely right about a herd immunity being a lot of crap. Makes me so angry when people throw that one at me. I wish more people would research vaccinations before telling me im doing the wrong thing.

Sadly you'll have to get used to that jayjay, 3 years on and people STILL tell me how I'm wrong and that I must get his jabs up to date ASAP. I also get the 'what if someone else gets ill?' Q thrown at me but I'm the same as you - my kid first - what if HE spends nearly a week in hospital again, or worse!

Everyone should just respect everyone else's decision IMO, or at least do some proper research and arm themselves with facts before having a go. Well done you for putting your LO first x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back