Cold and jabs?

handbagqueen

Reaction score
hi all,

Lily has a cold and had a slight temp last night. she has a runny/ stuffy nose and cough but her temp is ok today.
I have her booked in to have her bcg tomorrow and she's booked in to have her 2nd lot of jabs on friday (although I'd already decided to 'forget' to go to this one as i think its too much for her body to take in one hit :shhh: )
I'm sure i read somewhere that babies shouldn't have jabs if they are ill- does anyone know if this is true?
My gut instinct is to cancel bcg and then see if shes better on friday for her jabs but i'm not sure after speaking to nhs direct. Thye advised me that i should go and if the nurse thinks she's too ill then they won't do the jabs but i'm worried that they'll just do it anyway and leave me to deal with the consequences!
any views?

I took Cally for her third jab (well it was the last one of her third jab as I wasn't going to let them put 3 jabs into her at once) and she had a cold. My gut instinct was to not take her but the nurse told me it was fine and her temp was ok so there would be no problem. Cue 24 hours of projectile vomiting, high temp etc - when I spoke to the Dr he told me that as her immune system was supressed by the cold and with the jab on top of that meant she was poorly :(

I trust your instincts - I personally wouldn't take Cally agai if she was slightly ill but that's me.

Thanks Beanie- you convinced me. Lily is slightly better today but I postponed the bcg till january and i'll see how she is tomorrow re the 2nd set of jabs.
Thanks again.
hbq

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back