Not letting LO have any jabs at all?!

oh ladies im horrified at this thread. You are putting your childs life in danger and ther lives of the children around them. There is zero evidence that vaccines of any kind are harmful. All the liars have been struck off and discredited. Please dont let your children die of preventable diseeases. Please dont think your natrual immunity will fix measles . it wont. The death rate of treatable diseases massively declined on the introduction of safe tested vaccines.
please dont take the risk and dont read unsubstantiated reports on the internet from unquailifed charlatans. Only in very extreeem circumstances with clear medical guidance should you not take every precaution.

Its like having a fire alarm in your house but refusing to use it becuase if you swallow a million batteries you might get stomach ache.
x Daisy
Please don't think the aim of this thread is to put people of getting vaccines. I believe vaccines are a good thing and save lives. The OP is not trying to put other people off getting jabs but has serious concerns about her LO having stopped breathing after his jabs. I think people should be able to share their experiences, express their concerns and discuss options. Although any kind of serious reaction is very rare it is a medical fact that they do happen. Most people are able to make an informed decision when given the facts both for and against something.

Last edited:
oh ladies im horrified at this thread. You are putting your childs life in danger and ther lives of the children around them. There is zero evidence that vaccines of any kind are harmful. All the liars have been struck off and discredited. Please dont let your children die of preventable diseeases. Please dont think your natrual immunity will fix measles . it wont. The death rate of treatable diseases massively declined on the introduction of safe tested vaccines.
please dont take the risk and dont read unsubstantiated reports on the internet from unquailifed charlatans. Only in very extreeem circumstances with clear medical guidance should you not take every precaution.

Its like having a fire alarm in your house but refusing to use it becuase if you swallow a million batteries you might get stomach ache.
x Daisy

You watch your child stop breathing, have low blood oxygen levels and become tachycardic after having had her vaccinations and THEN tell me I'm putting her life at risk for NOT vaccinating!

I didn't start this thread to start a row, to judge parents who happily vaccinate or to be judged! So please dont turn it into an ugly debate. We managed 2 pages of replies without anyone being judged for whatever decisions they make regarding vaccinating their LO's.

I'm very glad for u that u haven't had to go through what I went through with my DD and I am 100% convinced it was the vaccination that caused her bad reaction so dont judge me for not wanting to put my son through what she had to go through.

Besides, if my child doesnt get the MMR and ur does, urs is protected against the diseases even if my child gets them. So ur child wont be at risk at all.

But there are other children who would..

I do kind of agree to a point. Autism is a learning disability which is probably something determined before birth. I dont beleive there is any link. If the vaccination was responsible for an adverse reaction then obviously, thats awful, but the link may never be proven, like with the supposed autism link.

I can understand why people may choose not to have the jabs, but for me the risk of my daughter getting one of three potentially fatal illnesses is just not an option. Like a previous member stated, its only since these jabs have been introduced that the cases of serious childhood disease has significantly decreased.

Plus I think that those who are vulnerable in our society ie those with profound mental and physical disabilities rely on others to have these vaccinations

I think the argument of putting lives at risk by not having the MMR jab is a bit of a moot point. I don't think the main reason for mumps or rubella vaccines is that these illness are life threatening to children. While I'm sure people occasionally have worse reactions to these diseases there are many more dangerous diseases that are not routinely vaccinated against as well as other common childhood diseases like chickenpox. From what I understand the reason mumps and rubella have been chosen is that mumps can cause infertility in young males and rubella is dangerous during pregnancy. While these issues are of serious concern it's not quite the same as putting children's lives at risk. It is perhaps of most concern for pregnant women, but any woman who knows she is not protected can choose to be vaccinated. Something like polio is more to the point if you want to discuss life threatening diseases.

Last edited:
It may be life threatening to a vulnerable child though, in rare cases those without health problems

I find this decision so stressful. Fortunately my lo didn't have a reaction to her jabs so far but I am really concerned about the mmr. I was never given the jab as a baby and got all three illnesses with no side effects. However I was hospitalised when I got chicken pox as it spread to my lungs and left me with asthma. So vaccinations gets me so stressed out and knowing what's right to do is so hard. I would like to go private and have her get the rubella and measles seperately and the booster when she is older. It's a shame they don't do the mumps one seperately. I'm even considering getting her to have the chicken pox one considering what happened to me. I'm just not sure.

Jayjay, I know someone else who's lo had a similar reaction and if I were in your shoes I would definitely be just as anxious and hesitant!
Xxx

If an unvaccinated child gets one of those illnesses and brings it into nursery/school or wherever, its my children who will be at risk, not urs, as u chose to vaccinate - because it was right for u and ur family. So u needn't worry.
I simply refuse to risk another episode like what happened before. If I hadnt been in the room when she stopped breathing and acted quickly, I dread to think what could have happened!

Jayjay, I know someone else who's lo had a similar reaction and if I were in your shoes I would definitely be just as anxious and hesitant!
Xxx

Thank u for understanding xx

I think the argument of putting lives at risk by not having the MMR jab is a bit of a moot point. I don't think the main reason for mumps or rubella vaccines is that these illness are life threatening to children. While I'm sure people occasionally have worse reactions to these diseases there are many more dangerous diseases that are not routinely vaccinated against as well as other common childhood diseases like chickenpox. From what I understand the reason mumps and rubella have been chosen is that mumps can cause infertility in young males and rubella is dangerous during pregnancy. While these issues are of serious concern it's not quite the same as putting children's lives at risk. It is perhaps of most concern for pregnant women, but any woman who knows she is not protected can choose to be vaccinated. Something like polio is more to the point if you want to discuss life threatening diseases.

Measles is most definitely life threatening though. It can also cause blindness, deafness and brain damage. I think we all know that but just throwing my tuppence in as you've only mentioned mumps and rubella here :thumbup:

Measles is most definitely life threatening though. It can also cause blindness, deafness and brain damage. I think we all know that but just throwing my tuppence in as you've only mentioned mumps and rubella here :thumbup:

Sorry, it's true I forgot to mention measles. I was thinking of it in the context of getting a seperate measles vacine instead of the MMR., but I didn't spell that out. Measles is usually a relatively mild disease also but I think it is about one in every thousand cases is more severe which is why some parents opt for doing a single measles vaccine privately.

Last edited:
I think this thread is going down the route I thought it would.
Girls don't forget jay jays original post. She's not debating the mmr or autism links. She's simply concerned in regards to a reaction HER child has had that may or may not be linked to the vaccination.

Jay jay although I am very pro vaccines, I have put myself in your shoes and absolutely understand. Must be such a difficult decision to make. X

Measles is not a mild disease!

A healthy 24 year old man in my area died from measles just a few months ago. Living in an outbreak area I know first hand that measles is not at all mild after several people I know contracted it. What other mild diseases do you know that cause neurological damage? Unbelievable.

Btw JayJay as I said before, it's your decision. Don't let anyone tell you how to raise your children. Just make sure they're aware :)

JajJay my fiend had a similar experience with her lo. She has twin girls who had their 8 week jabs no problem then when they had the next lot one of the twins stopped breathing still in the nurses room. My friend panicked but the nurses didn't seem bothered at all and I can't remember what happened next but lo was fine and the nurses said it was just one of those things!
Both twins had the next lot if jabs with no problems and they are due mmr in the next week and she is getting them both vaccinated.
No advice but thought it was interesting that it affected one twin and not the other.

A healthy 24 year old man in my area died from measles just a few months ago. Living in an outbreak area I know first hand that measles is not at all mild after several people I know contracted it. What other mild diseases do you know that cause neurological damage? Unbelievable.

Sorry, I was not trying to offend you or be misleading. I just mean that the majority of cases are relatively mild, but I was agreeing that it can be more serious in some cases. Complications of the disease can lead to neurological damage and even death.

It is awful that a man died in your area. Out of interest do you know if the man had been vaccinated and it failed or he had chosen not to be vaccinated?

Last edited:

Sorry, I was not trying to offend you or be misleading. I just mean that the majority of cases are relatively mild, but I was agreeing that it can be more serious in some cases. Complications of the disease can lead to neurological damage and even death.

It is awful that a man died in your area. Out of interest do you know if the man had been vaccinated and it failed or he had chosen not to be vaccinated?

That's alright then, I've come across a lot of people who do think it's mild but it's not! My mum had it when she was little which left her with sight problems including a turn in her eye. She had an operation when she was a child too.

In our area it seems that no one my age has had a second lot of MMR jabs, it came out when I was first pregnant and everyone had to check with their GP to see if they'd had the top up. Everyone around my age (25) was at risk and had to have a top up including hubs, several of my friends and cousins. My blood results came back saying I wasn't immune to measles or rubella so am under strict instructions to have it before I leave hospital after having baby.

My younger brother had his second lot and wasn't at risk and as far as I'm aware there's still an investigation going on to find out why everyone my age didn't!

According to the info provided in that link, vaccinated children can and do get the illnesses - so vulnerable children who for whatever reason cant be vaccinated, are at risk either way.

Tbh this thread is taking a whole different path than it was meant. I didnt want a debate about which illnesses are life threatening and whether or not the MMR is linked to autism. I was just wanting advice from other parents who chose not to vaccinate for whatever reason.

I dont think its right for any one to judge any one elses decisions if they believe those decisions to be right for their family.

Sorry JayJay, didn't mean to get involved in debate I think it's only fair that you should get to talk to other parents who chose not to vaccinate without it turning out to be a big debate, I know it gets fustrating , as I say we chose still to vaccinate but to delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back