Not letting LO have any jabs at all?!

Its difficult really . I was worried about vaccinations myself but we decided to go ahead with them as we decided it was best in out opinion . now that we know that lily is so vulnerable and even a cold could leave her hospitalied I'm very pro vaccination and the idea of the other kiddies in the class room not having them terrifies me a little. Obviously we all want to do the very best we can for our children and its a dilemma .

I will say I found it very distressing whenI found hadn't had my MMR top up and was not immune in a outbreak area while pregnant

I would ask that you keep your child informed in later life, as strange a request as that is!

I agree with mrs hop- no matter what decision you make, keep your child informed! We had an outbreak of mumps when I was at UNi and the UNi offered a mmr top up! I know 2 of the blokes who lived in my hall believed that they had had the vaccinations when they were children ( ok they should have phoned home and checked but they didn't) they then caught mumps and became seriously ill - one of which had been left infertile by the disease and is so angry with his parents for not telling him as he would have chosen to have the vaccination! My cousin also decided to have all of her vaccinations in one go at the age of 21 as she wanted to go to Borneo! Although I am pro vaccination I do believe that if parents choose not to have them done then I think the child should have a choice when they are older :) xx

I decided not to have any jabs during pregnancy and am also considering not having the baby have certain ones after she's born because I get bad reactions to lots of things (have to see an anesthatist to get some tests at the hospital in preparation for labour) so I feel really wary about them! However there's good points to both sides of the argument so I just don't know what I'll do at all! Just sounds completely like your trying to make the right decision for your baby. It's such a personal thing and everyone's just got to do what's right for them I guess ! X

I chose for my son not to have the first lot of combined mmr as I've got an autistic cousin who my Aunt is adamant changed within days of his MMR. I did however go privately and he had them separately which I was much happier about.

I think this has turned out to be a good thread with valuable points on both sides, and everyone being civil :).

I agree about childern being informed as they get older. I chose not to get MMR booster when i was older and was quite worried about it when I got pregnant but my immunity tested strong anyway so it wasn't a problem. I'm pretty sure I acctually had rubella As a child and they say the immunity from the actual disease lasts better than from the immunization, not sure if that is true.

Last edited:
Must be such a tough decision for you to make! I was a bit anxious about getting Fin's jabs done and about having my whooping cough and flu jab whilst pregnant but so far no complications :). It's all about personal choice, I'd be exactly the same if I was you. Must have been so so scary to see your LO stop breathing!
xx

Finley Thomas Kirkup - 26/07/2012
Theo Robert Kirkup - Due 28/12/2013

I will add my friends son did get Gillian barey syndrome from it because he had a cold at the time and almost died had to learn to hold his head walk etc all over again they said he may never walk (he is fine now 7 and fit as a fiddle), but its so rare and she got her next lo immunised, she was so worried about it but said its taking a risk either way.

Thank u everyone for all ur replies and points. I have decided not to get Sophia any more jabs and not to get the new baby any jabs at all but I like the idea of telling them this as they get older so they can make their own minds up whether to have them done themselves.
Im glad this thread hasnt turned nasty and I really appreciate everyone's input xx

Yeh there is no need to get nasty we all have our own choices its all about risks and everyone has different views on them, personal experience can put you off or make you want them there is no point arguing over it :D x

Harry is due his MMR now and I'm worrying about it. My DH thinks I'm being stupid so I don't have his support there, but am thinking about going private for this one - has anyone considered/done this? The MMR is the one that worries me the most, even though they say it's ok...

Harry is due his MMR now and I'm worrying about it. My DH thinks I'm being stupid so I don't have his support there, but am thinking about going private for this one - has anyone considered/done this? The MMR is the one that worries me the most, even though they say it's ok...

I didn't get the MMR for my LO. We got the single Jab but you can only get the measles as they don't do rubella and Mumps.
You need to make sure you research it fully. As boys getting mumps can lead them infertile and Gil's getting rubella during pregnancy is dangerous too.

I had no problem getting a single rubella vaccine for my son, although that was a couple of years ago now. My daughter is due her MMR early next year but I'll be taking her down the single vax route again, if I get her vaccinated at all. The consultant at the clinic I took my son to is retiring next March so I have to source another provider. Will be interesting to see what the deal is with single rubella vax now. Do they still give the rubella vaccine to teenage girls at school?

I hope that you and your family make the choice that suits you the best :)

I'm thankful to have been vaccinated and will have all my children vaccinated because I believe that the benefits vastly out way any side effects. However, I am not baptised which some may consider unusual but my mum decided against following the norm and did what was best for her family at the time. Which I believe all mums should be able to do..

Wish you and your family all the best xx

I'm worried about giving just single jabs as they don't have the mumps jab as a single and I think mumps can be quite dangerous too? Why is nothing ever straight forward? Does anyone know what they do in other countries? xx

I am currently researching the MMR, and I think James will have it.... However I am not in any rush to book his appointment :shock:

I need a little more information and want to speak to a friend of mine who decided against the jabs (she is an OT and is away at the moment) but I think OH will take James in January as we are selfish and want to avoid him being ill over Crimbo.

There is something that just hangs over the MMR in particular though???

Personally I think that on the whole immunisations are very important for the greater good but I totally understand why people have reservations.

xxxx

Last edited:
There is something that just hangs over the MMR in particular though???

You're right, there is a kind of anxiety that 'hangs' over the whole MMR thing, but it's all down to one silly man and his falsified results. I still can't believe that it is still a belief, bad news takes much longer to go away than good news I think though!

Rest assured, autism is a neurological condition that develops long before the age of vaccination and has no external 'cause' xx

It's so tricky with the mmr. I know that the study was found severely lacking but that doesn't account for someone I know who's son developed autism after mmr within days with no obvious signs before that. Also my mum used to work in a special needs school and spoke to a leading figure in autism off the record and she said she'd never give the mmr as she's seen too much suggesting there is a link. Just imagine if a link was proven. The government and the drug companies would be under so much criticism i can't help but think they wouldn't want it to come out. Dd has had the first mmr and I'm so worried about the second as she's due it in the new yr. I looked at going private but they only have one of the jabs available in this country. I don't know why they won't provide them individually on a private basis as I'm sure so many would take them up xxx

It was the MMR I had a reaction to as a teenager and it left me with health problems for quite a while. the doctor recommended I didn't get more vaccines because of it. My brother had a bad reaction to it as a baby also.

I do think reactions are rare and I don't know about the autism link but there is a something lacking in the system of recording reactions so it's hard to say what the truth is. Unusual reactions are supposed to be reported but if you tell your doctor you think your baby had a reaction he will most likely say that there is no proof vaccinations cause that kind of problem, it must have been something else, so no report is made therefor there is no record of what may have been a possible reaction. While I'm not saying that any vaccination causes any particular problem, like any medication there are bound to be serious side effects sometimes and I don't think there is a system in place to deal with that.

Last edited:
oh ladies im horrified at this thread. You are putting your childs life in danger and ther lives of the children around them. There is zero evidence that vaccines of any kind are harmful. All the liars have been struck off and discredited. Please dont let your children die of preventable diseeases. Please dont think your natrual immunity will fix measles . it wont. The death rate of treatable diseases massively declined on the introduction of safe tested vaccines.
please dont take the risk and dont read unsubstantiated reports on the internet from unquailifed charlatans. Only in very extreeem circumstances with clear medical guidance should you not take every precaution.

Its like having a fire alarm in your house but refusing to use it becuase if you swallow a million batteries you might get stomach ache.
x Daisy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back