baby check ups

Sage

Reaction score
I no ky had to have a check up at 6 weeks but do they have anymore? my hv tells me nothing :? ! and they didnt say anything at his last set of jabs at 16weeks? as far as i no the next time hes meant to see the doctor is at 1 for the next set of jabs and mmr?

I have been told that Calleigh will have her MMR around a year old and she will have a developmemtal check around then too. Then i think again at two years.

Not sure if it is the same everywhere tho :think:

We had a checkup at 8 weeks and 8 months, boosters at 12 and MMR at 13. We are onto our 4th HV so the information wasn't very forthcoming. We took her to get weighed every month or so for the first 12 months so we asked the HV any questions then.

The info for check ups should be in your little red book. It lists all the stages they check up at.

yeh it says in my red book when his next jabs are and i knew he'd be going back at 1 but ive heard a couple people mentioning (now including andreag) and 8 month checkup?

The check-ups vary from place to place.
At our clinic, there's one check-up at 6 weeks, then the next one isn't until 1 years old. They said they used to have an 8 month check, but they dropped it as they were finding that there weren't many problems that needed addressing at this stage.

Last time I took James to get weighed, new HV asked me a few questions about how he was getting on as she said they don't have the resources to do the 8 month check anymore. I'm still taking him to get weighed every month but assume his next official appointment will be for his MMR.

There's an 8-12 month check up. Alex had his 2 days ago.

We had a 6-12 month check up when she was about 9 months, but I had to make the appointment myself, don't know if they would have called me. You can go to drop in centres or make appointments if you want weigh ins or just reassurance tho. I went every month with my oldest but have only been once with my youngest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back