Not letting LO have any jabs at all?!

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Quick back story. My 15 month old DD stopped breathing after her 1st set of jabs at 8wks old. We never got any answers as to why it happened and I really didnt want her to have any more. My gp, the pediatrician at the hospital and my husband all urged me to get her the rest of her jabs and when she was 7 months she got the 2nd set and at 12 months she got her 3rd set. The 2nd and 3rd set were uneventful but I just didnt like getting her the jabs when I wasnt 100% happy with it.
I really dont want to get baby number 2 any jabs at all and I think hubby is starting to come around to my way of thinking. Has anyone else not got their LO jabbed? X

I havent and I wouldnt. I can understand your concerns, but as they didnt say the jabs caused her to stop breathing I wouldnt assume they were behind it. I think in the grand scheme of things, innoculations far out weigh and risks, as the diseases they help provent can be so harmful. I also think they're important to protect those who are vulnerable to illness. x

There might be a local arnica group near you. You would meet other mums there who haven't immunised and believe in natural development of the immune system.

This usually gets to be a heated topic because although vaccination is an individual choice, it something that impacts society as a whole in terms of how we manage disease. People on both sides get very emotional about it as it is about the health of our children.

Agree with titch, I have seen many threads like this become very very heated as its such a strong and emotive subject.

I can absolutely understand your concern. Must be such a difficult decision to make.

There might be a local arnica group near you. You would meet other mums there who haven't immunised and believe in natural development of the immune system.

This usually gets to be a heated topic because although vaccination is an individual choice, it something that impacts society as a whole in terms of how we manage disease. People on both sides get very emotional about it as it is about the health of our children.

I agree.

Understable in your situation, hope u find a solution.

xxxxx

Last edited:
Me and my brother had no jabs at all as babies, I had all of them at the age of 15 as I wanted to work with children and got told I had to have them, my brother on the other hand has only recently started working with children and not mentioned it and still hasnt had any, no idea the reasons behind us not having them but was very lucky not to get anything. My nephew hasnt had any of his due to being poorly when they are due and very lpw immune system so catchs everything going. All mine have had there's, its swings and roundabouts in if you get the jabs and still get ill or not have them and be ok.

I understand where you are coming from because we have had similar concerns due to family history of reactions. I am not against vaccines but that doesn't stop me having concerns. It doesn't help that we have a friend who's daughter ended up seriously handicapped from an allergic reaction to jabs. I find it hard because it is such a heated subject it's hard to get sensible guidance. Doctors have basically just said that there is no risk at all (I know that's not true) and that it's for the good of society (I agree, but surely my primary concern has to be for my daughter). In my opinion (and I realize every one is entitled to their own opinion) it is radical to say no one should be getting jabs but it is just as radical to say everyone should have them without addressing concerns about reactions and side effects.

In the end we decided to do delayed vaccination.

Last edited:
It wasnt my intention to start a thread that might upset or anger people, I hope no one gets annoyed with this, I just wanted other people's experiences with not getting their child their vaccines.
I dont fully trust vaccines and wont be having my flu jab or whooping cough jab while pregnant and I debated whether or not to have Sophia vaccinated at all.
Yes its true that they didnt say that the jabs are what caused her to stop breathing but they also couldnt confirm that they didnt cause it either.
I've never heard of arnica groups so will definitely look into those.
Thank u :) x

That must have been so terrifying :hugs: If you did decide to get your next LO vaccinated, is there anyway that it could be done at the hospital, and you could be allowed to hang around just in case something did happen? Although I guess that only works it if happened quite soon after the jabs. Anyway, :hugs: again, can't imagine how scary it must have been for you all.

The arnica groups sound like a good place to get some info from :)
xx

I am very cautious about vaccinations and am in two minds completely. DD is up to date as I had pressure from all sides and I can see the positives but I don't completely trust them. I too won't be having flu or whooping cough jab as there are too many unanswered questions. It's such a difficult situation and I wanted to wish you luck with which ever path you choose. At the end of the day you have to do what's right for you and your family xxx

I am very cautious about vaccinations and am in two minds completely. DD is up to date as I had pressure from all sides and I can see the positives but I don't completely trust them. I too won't be having flu or whooping cough jab as there are too many unanswered questions. It's such a difficult situation and I wanted to wish you luck with which ever path you choose. At the end of the day you have to do what's right for you and your family xxx

Thank u for understanding. Dd had her first 3 sets of jabs and I never felt right about it. She was to have her MMR yesterday and I didnt take her and tbh prob wont ever take her for it.

The woman from my local arnica group hasnt got back to me so I may just have to find some info myself but im pretty sure this one wont have any vaccinations xx

I completely understand your concern and when you have dealt with a reaction first hand it's even worse. Definitely get as much information as possible maybe delaying might be best?

Thank u for understanding. Dd had her first 3 sets of jabs and I never felt right about it. She was to have her MMR yesterday and I didnt take her and tbh prob wont ever take her for it.

The woman from my local arnica group hasnt got back to me so I may just have to find some info myself but im pretty sure this one wont have any vaccinations xx

From what I understand the biggest reason for MMR for girls is because rubella is dangerous in pregnancy. So I am considering leaving that one until much later.

They don't do the single jabs for rubella either. They only have the measles single and even then it's £120. My LO had the single measles. Because I know too many people that have reacted o the MMR.

I needed a rubella booster after my last pregnancy. But I had to have the full MMR because that is all that is available :confused:

Thankfully I'm immune this time.

I know some people get some done separately but you have to get it done private. Im not wanting to debate but my dad didn't get his jabs and got measles in his eyes and has v.thick glasses and almost lost his sight at a young age, so for me its never crossed my mind not to give them. x

It's such a difficult issue :hug:

I heard a lot of people say "I'd rather my child get measles than autism" and I cringe because I know that measles can cause huge brain damage too. Not that I am against people not vaccinating, but it should be for the right reasons.

It's such a difficult issue :hug:

I heard a lot of people say "I'd rather my child get measles than autism" and I cringe because I know that measles can cause huge brain damage too. Not that I am against people not vaccinating, but it should be for the right reasons.

I could be wrong but I thought they say the autism was related to the mercury that used to be in the injections but isn't any more? I could be very wrong I think its from a Jodie picoult book lol x

Yeah they don't use mercury anymore. The link to autism was disproven. Some parents of children with autism believe there is a link but I have also met children with autism who didn't have the mmr or had symptoms before.

Some types of autism have a sudden onset where the child previously developed normally. Mmr used to be given at the age where this usuallyhhappens.

I have read so much research but when it came to giving my boy the mmr I had a niggling worry because of all the media stuff. He was fine though, thankfully!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back