Not good news

twilly

Reaction score
Not good news. :(
They found abnormalities with the stomach.
I had to have an internal scan which was horrible.
The babys stomach looked massive.

basically the stomach didn't close when it should and the bowel is on the outside and has fused with the umbilical cord.
I am going to have the test for downs syndrome etc

I took it quite calmly, but when we got outside I realised I hadn't been given any photos and we went back, but they wouldn't give me any. The consultant said that they were just for his records. This has upset me the most. I've never known anyone come away from their scan without photos. Just because my baby isn't considered normal, does this mean I wouldn't want a photograph?

I will have the test and another scan in 3 weeks.
Just going to carry on as normal until then.

aw hun! I am sorry to hear this. It may put itself right! I have everything crossed for you!

Oh honey, I'm so sorry :hugs:

You sound very calm considering everything, your a strong lady :)

Maybe things could improve as baby grows and develops further, did they give you any indication about how the pregnancy might progress?

Big hugs xxx

Oh twilly :hug: I'm so sorry to hear this hun xxx hope everything turns out ok xxx

Oh hun Im so sorry. Not sure about the fusing with the cord but Ive seen loads of programmes on tv where babies insides grow on the outside and it just takes a few days after birth in hospital for it to make its way back inside. FX for you hun. Did they say what the next step is?

Twilly im really sorry to hear this and i agree you should have been given a scan pic its your baby and just because its having a problem doesnt make you love it any less maybe more. alot of babies are born with there intestines on the outside of there tummies dont close up properly but have an op when born and are perfectly fine. dont get to stressed hun and give plenty happy thoughts to your little baba. It will all work out in the end xxxxxx

Last edited:
so sorry hun, my best friends little girl was born with bowen on the outside of her tummy, she was in hospital for ten days when she was born where she had an operation to put her bowel back in and it wasd done keyhole thru her belly button which looks totally normal, she has no scars and is here 3 years later large as life... her only probs afterwards were 1. immediately her bowel movements but they gave her laxatives to loosen her which was fine and 2. long term she can suffer constipation which is nothing really... i hope i havent overloaded you but just letting you know its not the end of the world! Hugs hun hope u and oh r ok! and ask for pics before next scan xx

sorry to hear your news twilly but the comments from the girls above sound hopeful. i hope you are ok xx

Thanks girls.

The next step is to test for down syndrome and chromosone abnormalities to see if this is why it has happened. Just to prepare us really.
Its strange but the only thing that makes me cry is thinking about us not getting our photographs like eeryone else. Maybe the rest needs time to sink in.
The hospital staff were great actually, I'm sure they had more on their minds under the circumstances.

i hope your okay hun i really do, you take care! xxx

aww twilly thinking of you and your little one fingers crossed everything turns out fine xxx

Sorry to hear this Twilly; hopefully the comments above will give you hope xxx

Oh Twilly I'm so sorry to hear your news hun. You know we're all hear for you should you need some support. xxx

Just wanted to send you best wishes - I think they were inconsiderate not to give you photos x

oh very sorry to hear this twilly... Keep positive though! As girls said, everything might get sorted out on its own as the baby develops xxxx

sorry to hear! that isnt fair about the photos tho :(
losta hugs xxxx :hugs: xxxx

Sorry to hear that hunnie, It can be a very common thing though.
Not fair that you didn't get any photo's :/ Hope the tests come back fine and try to keep calm and relaxed in the mean time xxx

Oh Twilly.... sorry to hear that sweetheart :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back