Sad scan result ----- GOOD NEWS :)

so glad on your good news i am keeping my fingers crossed for next test results but sounds very promising. sometimes docs can make you worry for nothing i was at high risk with my daughter of downs she is fine (9 now) and very bright child my tests were fine with my son yet he has severe learning difficulties and autism.

i refused the tests with my last child and will do with this one as can make you worry for nothing.

i hope this all works out for you sending you positive thoughts and prayers

keep us all posted

marie x

having just got back of my hols, I am catching up with everywhere :D

so pleased your first results are clear :clap: and best wishes for the 2nd set :pray:

also thanks for sharing your experience and highs and lows, I get my 12 week scan next thursday and at the age of 37 have been offered either the cvs or the amnio, I have been torn between the 2 and not wanting either but dont want to spend my whole pregnancy worrying

cvs may have a higher risk but I think amnio at 5 months pregnant imo is way too late, I know how attached I feel now and to have to go through a labour is an unbearable thought at 20 weeks if anything were drastically wrong........ I have 3 other children and I do have to think seriously about all of this, I pray to god everything is ok everyday. :pray:

thanks for sharing :hug:

cleocat said:
also thanks for sharing your experience and highs and lows, I get my 12 week scan next thursday and at the age of 37 have been offered either the cvs or the amnio, I have been torn between the 2 and not wanting either but dont want to spend my whole pregnancy worrying

Cleocat

whay have they offered you the cvs or amnio, is it just because of your age?

I have always declined any tests, i did even with this pregnancy. Like i said before if it was born with something wrong then we would automatically love it and care for it and cope no matter what. It was only because the sonographer found the fluid by chance and had to tell me that it all kicked off, it put a whole new perspective on things. The feelings were horrible, i was non stop crying, the more time went on i was really wondering what if it comes to the point that i had to terminate and i can't go thru with it, could we really not cope etc. I knew we'd have to do it for the best but i didn't know if i would actually be able to go thru with it if and when it came to it. I can't explain the feelings i felt and thoughts i was thinking but would never want to go thru that again and would not wish those feelings on anybody, not even my worst enemy.

To be honest, i had said to my mum the morning of my scan that i wasn't looking forward to it and hadn't been for a few days but i didn't know if it was because of my last pregnancy ending in an ectopic but something just didn't seem right. I would never say i worried or would have worried as much thru the rest of my pregnancy as the amount of worrying i did between the scan and the cvs result if that makes sense.

All i would say is i would have declined the downs sceening still to this day had they not found the extra fluid around babys neck, i feel i had so much unnescessary worrying, i know there could still be something wrong but thats not the point, if you are unsure of what to do ask yourself, if they had not suggested/offered you the test would you have had it anyway? would you REALLY want to know if there was or maybe a problem, would it make a difference to you or not. You say you have had 3 other children, so have i. I too worried a little with each of those prenancies, its only natural but what i just went thru could only be described as sheer hell and to be honest, i'll still worry until the day i give birth.

Only you and your partner will know whats right for you to do. I wish you luck and pray everything will be ok for you no matter what you choose.

If you have any questions or want to chat just pm me

xxx

cheers moom for all that :hug: yes because of my age(also at the time I was a smoker- have given up for 2 weeks now 8) ), up in newcastle amnio is offered automatically to over 35's although we dont have to have it, CVS can be done as the alternative and we just need to ask at 12 week scan, I think I will see what the outcome of the scan is first and weigh up the risks .... miscarriage V chance of problems, etc, never worried like this with my first 3 but then again i was 12 years younger :think:

I always admire people who decide to take what god gives them, but anyway doesnt anybody realise that risk of downs is further reduced if you already have healthy previous children before you get preggy at an older age? The risk doesnt disappear but it is further reduced.

I was told this by a doctor when I was preggy with my first child at 22 as my ex-husbands elder brother was a downs child so i was naturally worried about it. The doctor asked if was he the eldest child in the family and I said yes. My mother-in-law had her first at 38 and he was a downs child with some awful heart problems too..then she went on to have two healthy boys after that.

As for testing goes, I'm 36 now and having my second. I really dont think I could go through with a termination even if they did find a high risk. After seeing heartbeat at scan and knowing that their is life growing and following all the progress i just dont think I could ever do it and neither does hubby so I think to myself, why go through amnio then if you know you wont be able to terminate a pregnancy?? Plus I havent heard of them doing CVS in my hospital or nuchal fold. I think they just do AFP at 15 wks.

really glad for you :D :hug:

and a little girl :D

pregnopaws i understand what your saying, the more time went on i dont know if i could have actually gone thru with it or not, I've always said god wouldn't give us more than we could cope with and i kept thinking if it wasn't meant to be then i'd lose it and if i didn't then should i really go thru with a termination. I was so mixed up and confused it was horrible.

g3m i know i need a ticker, i'm due 25 jan so i am 14+2 but i'm too scared to. The last time i got pregnant i got a ticker straight away and it stuck, wouldn't change date, well it ended up being ectopic, i did go to get one the other day and when i pressed 'get ticker' nothing happened so i just left it...i dunno..i'm a little paranoid i guess as to whether i should or not :oops:

I really hope it all works out for you hunni, and mae the desison thats right for you

congrats on ur pink bundle and so glad its come bk clear,must b such a relief!

I'm sorry that I had missed this update. I am so very pleased for you that you have finally had some good news. I hope that the rest of the result comes back clear for you too. Try and enjoy your holiday when it comes to it xxx

Hi all

more good news :D

My final result came back all clear too and so did my blood test for the parvo virus :D it showed i had an old immunity so was well in the clear.

I've got my 20 week scan booked for 7th sept then i'll book the heart scan for 3 weeks after that.

I've been feeling baby move a lot more these last few days too, she gives me some really hard kicks at night which i love :D

well dh managed to get a few more days off work so we're off on holiday this fri for just over 2 weeks, i'm really looking forward to it now knowing i can go feeling relaxed and not anxious.

thanks again all for all your support

xxx

((((((HUGS))))) i had been wondering how things were going with you...soooo happy to hear everything is okay babe:)

Hi,
I hope you don't mind me posting here as I'm new, but I wanted to say that I have a daughter who was born with quite a serious heart condition (shes almost 8 now) and has had several open heart surgeries. She was born with the heart condition that downs children normally have, although she doesn't have downs syndrome.

What I am trying to say is that I am happy to chat or help when you have heart scans and bits as I know the huge worry they cause and can completely understand your feelings having been their ourselves.

Good luck with the scans and so pleased its all going well so far

Love Emma
xxx

I've been needing to hear some good news. I'm so pleased for you. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member