No one can be confused as I am!

ButterflySkye

Reaction score
Ive recently discovered I could be pregnant. Ive taken 3 pregnancy tests all saying positive. Went to several doctors, who didnt do tests but confirmed I was pregnant. Said I was around 8 weeks. So I decided to have a private scan, super excited too.

So I arrived at clinic expecting to see our bean and nothing was there. She said only sign I could be pregnant is a thick lining of the womb. But then she said I had a cyst on one of the ovaries and both of them could possibly be polycystic ovaries.

Im going back next week to see if I am just early and not 8 weeks. I did a Clear Blue pregnancy test last night as so upset and needed closure. It came back positive and said 3+ weeks on it.

I just need to know whether a cyst does affect a pregancy test. I feel like I'm having a break down. I just cant let my partner be near me I just don't want a relationship now.

Please, if anyone knows anything please help

BS xxxxxxxx

Not sure, but your dates could be wrong and you could just be to early to show much. Did they do an external or internal scan?

I had both and no baby showed on either, she picked up the cyst and possible PSO on internal scan x

Maybe you could contact your EPU or GP, they could do tests to check your hormone levels and see if they are going up so that you don't have to wait a whole week for the second scan. I hope you get some good news :hug:.

It may just be too early to see anything on a scan if you've been getting positive tests. Everyone has a cyst on their ovary during early pregnancy - it is the corpus luteum, and after the egg is released it produces progesterone which prepares your uterus for pregnancy. It has usually gone by the time you get to 12 weeks...but the thicker lining and cyst might be quite positive things to see x

It could be to early to see anything.
I have polycystic ovaries, and i believe the only way that it ver rarely effect the tests is that it can be negative for longer when really it is a positive, but it shouldn't give you a negative positive. I hope that helps and makes senses.

Most doctors don't do any further tests if you have already done one at home.

Was pregnancy ruled out within the fallopian tubes?

Sorry you're going through this :hug:

Oh Hun, wishing your lots of luck for next week when you go back to see them again, maybee the dates are slightly out, hang in there X

I had my scan and I saw a baby! I wasnt as far as the DR thought. He said 8 weeks but I am 5 weeks 2 days! Well chuffed! It looked like a black sack with a white ish circle in it! But its growing. And so is my sickness! Not been sick yet but god I feel sick!!

I had my scan and I saw a baby! I wasnt as far as the DR thought. He said 8 weeks but I am 5 weeks 2 days! Well chuffed! It looked like a black sack with a white ish circle in it! But its growing. And so is my sickness! Not been sick yet but god I feel sick!!

:dust: congratulations! :D

OMG BS I am OVER THE MOON FOR YOU!!!!!!:pompom::pompom::pompom::pompom::pompom:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

love Jody xxxx

Many congratulations!! Great news.

Had a scan yesterday and everything good, heard babys heart beat too! 6 weeks and 3 days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back